OT: The Olympics

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
You should all watch Water Polo even though it sucks as a spectator sport...

maybe then it spreads to your friends.

and the amazing "same thing happening again and again but you cant see most of it because it is underwater" aspect of the sport goes viral.

and before you know it millions around the world become fans.

and more fans means more money.

and more money means more pro teams.

and then the European Leagues get as deep with finance as soccer. Or maybe even just hockey or rugby or handball level or something if not being greedy.

so that like the 3rd English tier, or Danish 1st tier, or Dutch 2nd tier, actually pay enough to make an okay living.

and then I can quit my job and just play water polo, but will have all afternoon most days free to write more about hockey! Before I get a serious injury again within a year and have to retire.

So I NEED you all to watch really.

*By the way, pro womens water polo - no joke - I think is better to watch. It relies less of physicality and set plays than men's, so more creativity as well as more finesse. As opposed to a fight in water.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

and the amazing "same thing happening again and again but you cant see most of it because it is underwater" aspect of the sport goes viral.

and then the European Leagues get as deep with finance as soccer. Or maybe even just hockey or rugby or handball level or something if not being greedy.

so that like the 3rd English tier, or Danish 1st tier, or Dutch 2nd tier, actually pay enough to make an okay living.

and then I can quit my job and just play water polo, but will have all afternoon most days free to write more about hockey! Before I get a serious injury again within a year and have to retire.

*By the way, pro womens water polo - no joke - I think is better to watch. It relies less of physicality and set plays than men's, so more creativity as well as more finesse. As opposed to a fight in water.

I noticed this last time around. I plan on watching the water polo.

men's 100m, 200m and 4x100m relays....that's all I need

I like to add the jumps, but they can be hard to find live.

Any distance longer than you listed is torture and should be illegal. The 400m hurdles is a crime against humanity.

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I noticed this last time around. I plan on watching the water polo.

I like to add the jumps, but they can be hard to find live.

Any distance longer than you listed is torture and should be illegal. The 400m hurdles is a crime against humanity.

Mens water polo in the early 2000s was just "who can take the most steroids and get away with it" looking back. Ahah. It drove a lot of of the finesse and creativity from it. The best players went from being Manuel Estiarte at like 5'8 and 165 lbs... to no one under 6'2 playing in Olympics.

Kind of like the DPE started and it has never ended, even though there is definitely less in way of drugs now. In water polo just so many Milan Lucic's out there and so few Pavel Datsyuks.

Insane skill too ofc from the guys at highest level.

But kind of a problem when the best player in the world's nickname was "The Pharmacy". And that is how the sport went. Size being the main thing.

aleksandar-sapic-86b31e66-0b0b-4f08-a437-aa129cb91bc-resize-750.jpeg

sapic06.jpg

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

In Star Trek Enterprise water polo was actually a popular sport in the 22nd century

/nerdhat

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Mens water polo in the early 2000s was just "who can take the most steroids and get away with it" looking back. Ahah. It drove a of of the finesse and creativity from it.

Kind of like the DPE started and it has never ended, even though there is definitely less in way of drugs now. In water polo just so many Milan Lucic's out there and so few Pavel Datsyuks.

Insane skill too ofc from the guys at highest level.

But kind of a problem when the best player in the world's nickname was "The Pharmacy". And that is how the sport went. Size being the main thing.

aleksandar-sapic-86b31e66-0b0b-4f08-a437-aa129cb91bc-resize-750.jpeg

sapic06.jpg

Man, you'd think adding bulk muscle would just make staving off drowning harder.

Reactions: Appleyard

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
would love to watch more..but i really do not want to watch what are considered the ..top draws..track and field..gymnastics..show other more interesting things

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
like..right now..archery is supposed to be on..not seeing any where to watch it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->