The Offseason Thread (Previously Retool vs Rebuild)

Rebuild or Retool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
4 first round equivalents? So does that mean the neck isn't as bad as thought? If true, then sure...give them 25, 32, plus...just keep 5

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
oh come on. I know you don’t like Laine and that’s fine but until Bjorkstrand hits 30 goals he doesn’t even sniff Laine’s 45+ goal season. I know there’s more than just goals, but let’s be real here.

There's a lot lot more than just goals, yes. Getting outscored while you score goals isn't worth a whole lot. I'll yield that Laine's second season may have been the best season among the two. But if we're going to just label people based on past accomplishments, and not based at all on recent play. Then go ahead and call Cam "elite" and Jenner "very good" and so many other guys better than they actually currently are.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
There's a lot lot more than just goals, yes. Getting outscored while you score goals isn't worth a whole lot. I'll yield that Laine's second season may have been the best season among the two. But if we're going to just label people based on past accomplishments, and not based at all on recent play. Then go ahead and call Cam "elite" and Jenner "very good" and so many other guys better than they actually currently are.

Id put Jenner in very good for his role, but that’s not what the criteria asks for.

Reactions: thebus88

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.

Who says no

Elvis for Reinhart
Elvis for Debrusk +
Elvis + for Nylander

I also don't like the fact that they're shopping Elvis. Is it because they can get more value from him than Korpisalo? Are they high on Tarasov and feel he can be a legit starter? Are they trying to tank and feel Korpisalo would help more with the tank?

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Who says no

Elvis for Reinhart
Elvis for Debrusk +
Elvis + for Nylander

I also don't like the fact that they're shopping Elvis. Is it because they can get more value from him than Korpisalo? Are they high on Tarasov and feel he can be a legit starter? Are they trying to tank and feel Korpisalo would help more with the tank?
Alexander Nylander (CHI) or William Nylander (TOR)? :sarcasm:

Kuznetsov has NMC, Reinhart is RFA. I hope Eichel won't play here. He has problems with his neck, one isn't a leader but his salary is like he would be the second Crosby. IMHO he's better Larkin.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Who says no

Elvis for Reinhart
Elvis for Debrusk +
Elvis + for Nylander

Maybe to the last of the 3 trade choices.Only hesitation is his age and only 3 years of team control.
I could see trading Elvis for "tanking" purposes (i.e.maximizing the rebuilding effort). What good does it do to have a good goalie if you are rebuilding?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Only reason to trade Elvis is because of value - a team may also need protection spots and acquiring Elvis (who doesn't need protected) could help.
To me I keep Elvis, but everyone is tradeable. If we could get a top C (top 6 center) or an top pairing dman or winger with a decent contract I'm all in.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Who says no

Elvis for Reinhart
Elvis for Debrusk +
Elvis + for Nylander

Korpisalo is STILL the better goalie.

Always has been.

An absolute JOKE that some see Merzlikins as some superstar and categorize Korpisalo as a “tanking goalie”.

Again, and people don’t like me asking, but, can the people that are so high on Elvis/low on Korpisalo actually ice skate or have ever played in a god damn street hockey game in their life!?!

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

I have STILL NEVER gotten an actual ANSWER on what makes Elvis a better goalie….

“The numbers” are the only thing ever mentioned. His numbers ARENT EVEN GOOD with all the shutouts THAT HE WILL NOT CONTINUE TO GET. Plenty of goalies have seemed better early in their careers before the league/players pick up on more things shooting on them more often.

The “fire” and “drive” shit, IS ALL BULLSHIT!! People here literally hold the SAME actions AGAINST Korpisalo, say it shows he “lacks focus” or something.

What is Elvis actually better than Korpisalo’s at, AT PLAYING THE GOALTENDER POSITION!?!

nothing

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I have STILL NEVER gotten an actual ANSWER on what makes Elvis a better goalie….

“The numbers” are the only thing ever mentioned. His numbers ARENT EVEN GOOD with all the shutouts THAT HE WILL NOT CONTINUE TO GET. Plenty of goalies have seemed better early in their careers before the league/players pick up on more things shooting on them more often.

The “fire” and “drive” shit, IS ALL BULLSHIT!! People here literally hold the SAME actions AGAINST Korpisalo, say it shows he “lacks focus” or something.

What is Elvis actually better than Korpisalo’s at, AT PLAYING THE GOALTENDER POSITION!?!

nothing

He has played 2 seasons and in each of those seasons he has stopped a higher percentage of shots and allowed fewer goals than Korpi.

In EVERY. Single. Way. Elvis was and is better.

Will he be in the future? I dunno, but every piece of evidence says yes.

Except your 2 eyes.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
WHAT MAKES ELVIS A BETTER GOALIE!?!?

Another falsehood is that Elvis DOESNT let in just as bad or WORSE goals more consistently that Joonas.

Continue with the personal attacks.

I know hockey.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Continue with the personal attacks.

says the combative person who started with, "And I think you value your opinion more than you should, on many things."

F3KQEAM.gif

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad