NCAA: The Offseason is here

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I think Oklahoma is one of the 4 best teams, in fact I think they may be the best. But they have:

Houston
tOSU
@TCU
@Texas Tech
@WVU
Texas
Baylor
...and the rivalry game.

If they get through that with just 1 loss, they have to be in.

Oklahoma
Clemson
tOSU
...and my surprise team. Tennessee

Also, Western Michigan will go undefeated.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Ohio State recruiting class is just stupid. They'll get a commitment from 5* Safety Jeffrey Okudah. Doesn't wanna stay in Texas and is consider a massive Ohio State lean. Baron Browning 5* LB also from Texas, if Longhorns don't win probably will go to Ohio State also.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008

Former Michigan State player Mike Sadler was also killed in the accident.

Foltz was the Big Ten Punter of the Year last season.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I think Oklahoma is one of the 4 best teams, in fact I think they may be the best. But they have:

Houston
tOSU
@TCU
@Texas Tech
@WVU
Texas
Baylor
...and the rivalry game.

If they get through that with just 1 loss, they have to be in.

Oklahoma
Clemson
tOSU
...and my surprise team. Tennessee

Also, Western Michigan will go undefeated.

Its absolutely brutal. Oklahoma State is a sleeper team.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ohio State recruiting class is just stupid. They'll get a commitment from 5* Safety Jeffrey Okudah. Doesn't wanna stay in Texas and is consider a massive Ohio State lean. Baron Browning 5* LB also from Texas, if Longhorns don't win probably will go to Ohio State also.

So far, they are the only team whose average Rivals rating is at 4. And I like that they are not all skill position guys. 4 DB, 3 DL, 3 OT's Plus 2 different style QB's, one Pro-Style guy and one Johnny Football types.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...ng-class-with-commitments-of-chase-young-amir

"February is a long way away, but with the Buckeyes still favored for the services of five-star Texas corner Jeffrey Okudah (99.51), five-star Mississippi running back Cam Akers (99.35), five-star Florida wide receiver Trevon Grimes (98.81), and four-star California wide receiver Tyjon Lindsay (98.28), among others, there's a great chance they'll shatter that mark by a wide margin on the way to signing the greatest recruiting class of all time."

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
So far, they are the only team whose average Rivals rating is at 4. And I like that they are not all skill position guys. 4 DB, 3 DL, 3 OT's Plus 2 different style QB's, one Pro-Style guy and one Johnny Football types.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...ng-class-with-commitments-of-chase-young-amir

"February is a long way away, but with the Buckeyes still favored for the services of five-star Texas corner Jeffrey Okudah (99.51), five-star Mississippi running back Cam Akers (99.35), five-star Florida wide receiver Trevon Grimes (98.81), and four-star California wide receiver Tyjon Lindsay (98.28), among others, there's a great chance they'll shatter that mark by a wide margin on the way to signing the greatest recruiting class of all time."

$5 they still lose to Sparty

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Former Michigan State player Mike Sadler was also killed in the accident.

Foltz was the Big Ten Punter of the Year last season.

Here's a picture of the turn where the crash happened.

waukesha3.jpg

Even in perfect weather with someone familiar with the area, it's a sharp turn. Much less for people unfamiliar with the area in the middle of the night during heavy storms.

Condolences to their families.

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
ESPN's reasoning as to why ECU is a long shot to join the Big XII :laugh:

"Big 12 school presidents probably would say the Pirates' brand simply isn't strong enough. But the mostly Texas-based Big 12 likely fears venturing into eastern North Carolina because all those brisket lovers might come back wondering why they can't find smoked whole hog anywhere."

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Trying to temper my expectations of ECU joining the Big XII, but there are a lot of big names joining the push from our end including the Governor. Sept. 2nd (or earlier), can't get here soon enough so I know for sure one way or the other haha.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm legitimately excited for the upcoming Illini season.

Granted, I'm not being crazy here. We're not remotely close to being a contender. But I'm interested as hell in seeing what Lovie can do in Champaign. If he can recruit like I hope he can, if the team starts making steps forward like I think they can, and if the new AD keeps not pissing me off, a pathway to relevancy might actually be on the horizon.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
What do you think WOULD happen in the following scenario, and what do you think SHOULD happen?

At the end of the year, there are 3 power conference teams that are undefeated and make the playoffs easily. But for the 4th spot, Oklahoma went 11-1, with their only loss to Houston.....who is 12-0.

So if it comes down to Oklahoma, who would have wins over Ohio State, Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma St and West Virginia....and Houston......what do you think? Oklahoma or Houston?

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
What do you think WOULD happen in the following scenario, and what do you think SHOULD happen?

At the end of the year, there are 3 power conference teams that are undefeated and make the playoffs easily. But for the 4th spot, Oklahoma went 11-1, with their only loss to Houston.....who is 12-0.

So if it comes down to Oklahoma, who would have wins over Ohio State, Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma St and West Virginia....and Houston......what do you think? Oklahoma or Houston?
I think due to strength of schedule, would AND should would be Oklahoma.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://espn.go.com/college-football...-say-suffering-late-onset-dementia-alzheimers

The family of former Colorado head coach Bill McCartney said in a statement Monday morning that McCartney is suffering from late-onset dementia/Alzheimer's.

"We are making this public to ask for your understanding and patience as we know he frequently runs into fans, friends and former players," the family said. "This is a frustrating and confusing disease, and if he appears disconnected or unknowing, please don't take it personally."

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Go ahead and keep cheering for an irrelevant school who, if they disappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow, you are the only person here that would give 1/2 a ****.

:sarcasm:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Go ahead and keep cheering for an irrelevant school who, if they disappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow, you are the only person here that would give 1/2 a ****.

:sarcasm:

says the guy who went to sjsu

ecu would totally go in dry on y'all :sarcasm:

i think i am smelling some form of another avatar bet here, i need to get back at you for last year, although, knowing you had to cheer for wisconsin as a buck eye fan made weaing that avatar for a month a lot more bearable :laugh:

also just wait until ecu joins the big xii

i predict a few losing seasons, while we get our recruitment up, but it'll be awesome to be nationally relevant :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad