NCAA: The Offseason is here

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
This isn't about LSU(who is playing Wisconsin at Lambeau). Its about Alabama's unwillingness to play any real non-conference road games. Backed out of a ho

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
This isn't about LSU(who is playing Wisconsin at Lambeau). Its about Alabama's unwillingness to play any real non-conference road games. Backed out of a ho

i guess your sarcasm detector is broken today

so i will let that one slide

at the end of the day though who cares who bama's ooc schedule is against

while ohio state is running around playing tough conference games against perennial power houses like indiana, illionois, purdue and rutgers, alabama is playing both mississippi schools, lsu, arkansas, a&m, tennessee, georgia and south carolina

if the sec didn't all have to play and cannibalize each other every year, the top 5-10 would be populated with quite a bit more sec schools

no seriously, who would you say, being unbiased, is the worst school in the sec? kentucky? vanderbilt? give either of them osu's shcedule:

Sat, Sept 3rd vs. Bowling Green
Sat, Sept 10th vs. Tulsa
Sat, Sept 17th @ Oklahoma
Sat, Oct 1st vs. Rutgers
Sat, Oct 8th vs. Indiana
Sat, Oct 15th @ Wisconsin
Sat, Oct 22nd @ Penn State
Sat, Oct 29th vs. Northwestern
Sat, Nov 5th vs. Nebraska
Sat, Nov 12th @ Maryland
Sat, Nov 19th @ Michigan State
Sat, Nov 26th vs. Michigan

and i bet they both win at least 7 games, let alone if you gave bama this schedule

congrats osu, you scheduled one good ooc road game, and somewhat ironically, it is the hardest game on your schedule

ffs ecu would be like 8-4 with that schedule it is so pathetic :laugh:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The Big XII would never be so desperate to have East freakin' Carolina in their league. Nobody wants that to happen.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-12-expansion-not-sitting-well-with-fox-espn/

" ESPN and Fox are non-plussed with the thought of the 10-team conference adding the likes of BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis and/or UConn, programs which would “water down the Big 12 and make it less valuable.”

....not even mentioned as a potential team. And all the teams listed are MILES better options than ECU.

The AAC is as good as it's gonna get for them. And they're not even a good AAC team.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
no seriously, who would you say, being unbiased, is the worst school in the sec? kentucky? vanderbilt? give either of them osu's shcedule:

Sat, Sept 10th vs. Tulsa
Sat, Oct 1st vs. Rutgers
Sat, Oct 8th vs. Indiana
Sat, Nov 12th @ Maryland

and i bet they both win at least 7 games, let alone if you gave bama this schedule

4 wins. Maybe 5.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

Why should the most prominent program of the last decade go on the road for OOC games? They don't need it to make the playoff. Win the SEC and you're in.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The Big XII would never be so desperate to have East freakin' Carolina in their league. Nobody wants that to happen.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-12-expansion-not-sitting-well-with-fox-espn/

" ESPN and Fox are non-plussed with the thought of the 10-team conference adding the likes of BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis and/or UConn, programs which would “water down the Big 12 and make it less valuable.â€

....not even mentioned as a potential team. And all the teams listed are MILES better options than ECU.

The AAC is as good as it's gonna get for them. And they're not even a good AAC team.

Someone got their jimmies rustled. ECU is a non-option for the Big 12, but they'll be one the better AAC programs in short time. They're still only a couple of recruiting cycles into the transition to a higher level of play.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Kid probably wouldn't start at UGA anyway. Saban is still a dewche though. He just allowed another graduate to transfer to Missouri not that long ago. The difference is that kid stinks and Maurice Smith doesn't.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Kid probably wouldn't start at UGA anyway. Saban is still a dewche though. He just allowed another graduate to transfer to Missouri not that long ago. The difference is that kid stinks and Maurice Smith doesn't.

No, the difference is Kirby Smart prevented one of his seniors from transferring to another SEC school OR Miami.

Karma.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Its about Alabama's unwillingness to play any real non-conference road games. Backed out of a ho

All about the $$$ We get paid a lot more to play in Jerry's World or in the Dome than to do any kind of Home/Home.

And the only reason people, like you and dip-**** Cowherd complain is that Bama has won all of the early Neutral site games. Not to mention the game being played in Texas is much better for recruiting. It's a win/win.

I love that this trend really started when Bama pounced Clemson, and I'm not counting teams that have OOC rivals, yet everyone picks on the Tide. Why not go after all the teams playing in Dallas, Atlanta, Lambeau, Ireland...AUSTRALIA?

Why? I'll tell you why, you listen to Colin too much and think he may actually have a point. News flash, he doesn't, and I laugh at how people think he's a genius when EVERY year Alabama loses a game. he has this long drawn out speech about how the dynasty is over, blah, blah, B.S. Last year's was the best because he literally dedicated two entire shows to it (my Dad listens which is why I know), yet here we are as Bama alum and fans, coming into the season as the defending National Champions.

Grow up, realize it's not a Bama problem, it's the way the game is in terms of money. I promise if it were more beneficial to do Home/Home, we would, because Alabama is run like a business and we what's best for us.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
No, the difference is Kirby Smart prevented one of his seniors from transferring to another SEC school OR Miami.

Karma.

Saban blocked a graduate transfer. Kirby didn't. Turman's only a junior.

What Smart did is SOP for SEC programs.

Last edited:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Again, there's a pretty significant difference between blocking a graduate transfer and blocking a guy with multiple years of eligibility left. The former is almost never denied, so as long as the new team isn't on the schedule next year. Saban sees it as Kirby poaching former players, and he's doing what he needs to put an end to it.

AJ Turman ended up at Georgia Tech anyway, so it's not like he banished. Saban is blocking Smith's transfer request to any program from what I've read.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

" ESPN and Fox are non-plussed with the thought of the 10-team conference adding the likes of BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis and/or UConn, programs which would “water down the Big 12 and make it less valuable.â€

I am going to bookmark this post and sore it on every post I make on this board when we do join the Big XII lol :)

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
well, well, well

it seems spintheblackcircle as friends in high places to act as his mouthpieces :laugh:

13895267_10153615309507273_2512728041415189524_n.jpg

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...p-running-back-jovon-robinson-no-distractions

Auburn's depleted backfield took another blow when coach Gus Malzahn dismissed top running back Jovon Robinson from the team.

A source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy, Robinson was dismissed for repeatedly missing classes and meetings and for his "continued inattention to detail in everything."

"He did not meet my standards or expectations of what it takes to be an Auburn Tiger football player," Malzahn said. "We're going to have zero distractions on this team this year. I've given him his release, and we wish him the best."

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
It'd be cool if the CFP acknowledge SOS over just going undefeated. really don't care if a team goes 12-0 and doesnt beat one team in the top 50

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
i guess your sarcasm detector is broken today

so i will let that one slide

at the end of the day though who cares who bama's ooc schedule is against

while ohio state is running around playing tough conference games against perennial power houses like indiana, illionois, purdue and rutgers, alabama is playing both mississippi schools, lsu, arkansas, a&m, tennessee, georgia and south carolina

if the sec didn't all have to play and cannibalize each other every year, the top 5-10 would be populated with quite a bit more sec schools

Sat, Sept 10th vs. Tulsa
Sat, Oct 1st vs. Rutgers
Sat, Oct 8th vs. Indiana
Sat, Nov 12th @ Maryland

congrats osu, you scheduled one good ooc road game, and somewhat ironically, it is the hardest game on your schedule

ffs ecu would be like 8-4 with that schedule it is so pathetic :laugh:

3-4 wins

Indiana would beat them. Penn state could. Wisc and Nebraska would. You know the rest

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad