NCAA: The Offseason is here

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Use this as the discussion thread with NSD coming up, Way to early why Texas is the best team in the country comments.

Also Jim Harbaugh plans on sleeping over at a recruits house. He's amazing.

“He told me if I had a 6-foot-3 inch piece of carpet for him to sleep on, that would be enough. I said we have guest rooms, and he said ‘Tell you what, I’ll just sleep on the floor in your room.’ I said ‘Coach, I have Penn State stuff all over my walls.’ He said, ‘Tell you what, I can help you take it down.’â€

http://www.scout.com/college/footba...631786-harbaugh-spending-24-hours-no-1-kicker

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Last night was all the recruiting we needed.

A lot of new faces will wear Crimson jersey next year. New QB, RB1, RB2, 3 O-linemen, 4 D-Linemen, and 2 LB's.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Last night was all the recruiting we needed.

A lot of new faces will wear Crimson jersey next year. New QB, RB1, RB2, 3 O-linemen, 4 D-Linemen, and 2 LB's.

I'm pretty sure Bo Scarborough the other freak is gonna be your RB1 next year

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
I'm pretty sure Bo Scarborough the other freak is gonna be your RB1 next year

Most likely you are correct. Still, it'll be odd losing our top 2 RB's. It'll also be the 3rd consecutive year of going into the season with a new QB. Although no more seniors to take it helm.

Who has the hotter seat in 2016, Kevin Sumlin or Charlie Strong?

Strong. Texas has higher standards than A&M, Sumlin has a giant buy-out, and some of the big boosters weren't happy with Strong was hired in the first place.

With that being said, A&M is probably wishing they could move away from Sumlin.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
NCAA passes rule that the big 12 can play conference title game without 12 teams.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
https://www.gofundme.com/RollTidePhyllis

The husband of the infamous Phyllis from Mulga that Paul Finebaum gave to us has inoperable brain cancer and they need some help. A Go Fund Me was started in November and they are getting close to their goal.

Danny Kanell just donated $1000.

I'm conflicted here a little. This wouldn't be in her favor if we had no idea who she was.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Wow -

Alabama safety Eddie Jackson to return for senior season
9:17 AM ET
Alex Scarborough

Alabama Crimson Tide safety Eddie Jackson will forgo the NFL draft and return for his senior season, sources told ESPN on Thursday.

Jackson, an All-SEC first-team selection by conference coaches, led the Crimson Tide with six interceptions, including one against Clemson in the College Football Playoff National Championship.

The former four-star prospect from Lauderdale Lakes, Florida, had eight total passes defended and 46 total tackles this season. He began his career as a cornerback but shifted to safety this past season.

Jackson was one of ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr.'s top five underclassmen safeties entering the 2015 season.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
It's stupid. you would've had OU vs Okie State again the next week after. they gotta add teams.

Exactly what I said. Just because they CAN, doesn't mean they WILL. Wish they would just add two teams and get it over it.

OH, and Derek Henry states that he is turning Pro. Not surprised, especially given his family history and background.

Thanks for the Memories and the National Championships Henry :clap:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Dylan Moses #1 recruit in 2017 (considered an absolute monster) transfer to IMG.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
To be honest its kind of weird. Its basically a school for football. I wonder how many kids end up hating it.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
IT doesn't seem like a lot. I think the football program has been around for 3 years now. Most of them transfer as juniors though, so that's probably why they don;t

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's stupid. you would've had OU vs Okie State again the next week after. they gotta add teams.

And if that happened, lets say Oklahoma State inched out a close win, they don't pass OU in the rankings.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Charlie strong has to have the hot seat. Texas is expected to be good more then Texas a and m

He gets fired mid season unless he coaches like his job is on the line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad