NCAA: The Offseason is here

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Finebaum and Cowherd are trolls. Is anyone really surprised when either of them do it. I called into Cowherd once when talk of Big XII expansion first started and asked him how he felt about East Carolina (I had read some things online about us possibly looking into it) and his response was something along the lines of "Nah, the Big XII is a glorious conference, full of legendary programs. Do you honestly think that they'd add a school that has a direction in its name?" I was just like "Well, they have West Virginia?" :laugh:

Oh so you're the guy who made that call? :laugh:

J/K I don't remember it, but that does kind of sound like something he would say.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
How to deal with **** head players

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2016/07/20/0719-osu-fb-dunn.html

The girlfriend of an Ohio State football player who was dismissed from the team Monday told a 911 dispatcher that he had hit her in the face and choked her.

Within a day, coach Urban Meyer dismissed Bri'onte Dunn, a running back, from the team for "violating team rules."

Meyer did not specify the team violation, but sources said that it stemmed from a Sunday incident involving Dunn's girlfriend. Meyer has a sign posted in the players' hallway with team rules, including this one: "Treat women with respect."

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...cia-helps-stop-sexual-assault-gainesville-bar

A University of Florida football player assisted in stopping a rape that was happening behind a Gainesville restaurant early Thursday morning, according to police reports.

Cristian Garcia, a junior linebacker for the Florida Gators who played in one game last season, said he was working security at 101 Cantina when he and his co-worker saw the rapist and the woman behind the bar's Dumpster.

"I hold strong moral values and I don't think anyone should be taken advantage of in that kind of way," Garcia told local television station WTLV. "The girl was basically unconscious, so I knew there was no way she could be giving consent."

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
any predictions on the top 4 come playoff time?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we have a rematch of Alabama and Clemson again for the Championship.

The other two teams? I'll say the winners of the Big Ten and 12. If I had to pick, Ohio State and Oklahoma.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we have a rematch of Alabama and Clemson again for the Championship.

The other two teams? I'll say the winners of the Big Ten and 12. If I had to pick, Ohio State and Oklahoma.

I don't think Oklahoma makes it. I see them losing to Ohio State, potentially Houston and a big 12 school.

I think the winner of the FSU/Clemson game is going to be the best team in the country this year. I think.

Clemson
LSU
Ohio State

The 4th team makes it tricky. I could see Houston/Louisville causing chaos. Don't think anyone comes out of the pac12. I wonder if a 1 lost FSU team can make it in.

Last edited:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I don't think Oklahoma makes it. I see them losing to Ohio State, potentially Houston and a big 12 school.

I think the winner of the FSU/Clemson game is going to be the best team in the country this year. I think.

Clemson
LSU
Ohio State

The 4th team makes it tricky. I could see Houston/Louisville causing chaos. Don't think anyone comes out of the pac12. I wonder if a 1 lost FSU team can make it in.

Huh, I didn't realize Ohio State and Oklahoma were playing each other this year. I'm sure College Gameday has already made plans to be in Norman that day.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Oklahoma
Clemson
USC
LSU

I think both the SEC and B1G winners have 2 losses this year, and benefit of the doubt would go to the SECSECSEC team most likely.

if the Pac winner has 2 as well (good chance) then I would think OSU/Michigan/Sparty would get the nod.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad