OT: The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
The norris trophy winner (best d in the world) is not playing today. And we dress hamuis, bouwmeester, doughty and vlasic who are all less good than him. Man in the west I watch all Kings and Oilers games and Doughty is not close to Subban.

Weber picked it up recently is really looking good even if his stats arent. Keith is the best dman this year. And Pietro is doing really good. But then, no other canadian D is better than Subban. Such BS.

It really is ridiculous, but I think the sense is that they get Hamhuis's game out of the way tonight. PK is playing next game. I think from there, he'll stay. And yeah, I seriously cannot understand how, after watching the other teams how we do not benefit from everything PK brings. How does Sweden play Karlsson, who sucks defensively, but we have to go with 1-2 "safe" players. Weber is a great player, but I can't help but think he has many flaws if one is going to suggest that PK does.

This first game isn't as important as the other ones. The way I look at it it's Hamhuis and the others who are on trial here not Subban.

Exactly. Same with Duchene. He better replace Nash.

It's so hard to watch McDonagh :(

I know. :cry:

Subban will be in the line-up for the gold medal game.

I think so too (obviously, in the case that we make it. *anti-jinx*)

I've seen enough Vancouver games this season to know that Hamhuis brings nothing to the table for a team like this. It was a poor choice and a confusing one to say the least.

Hamhuis used to be really good (not so much anymore). His injury is part of the reason Van collapsed against the ruins. It makes NO sense for him to be the 7th D, but I really think it's just for tonight and PK will slot in.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I'd wait to see Canada first. :sarcasm:

Spoken like a true Canadian fan. The U.S. is built for the big ice and has brought the most dynamic skating team at this tournament. It will be the U.S. against whoever for the gold. Halfway through the medal round, Canadian fans will be asking: where are our dynamic skaters?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
The olympics is when you cheer for the logo in the front, not the name on the back. If PK was on team USA and a regular roster spot, would you be cheering for the Americans? During this time we should all be Canadians first, and habs fans second imo, get behind your country regardless of the roster.

I'm not happy PK isn't playing game one, and I wouldn't be happy if Price got benched too...but in the end it doesn't matter to me as long as Canada wins.

You're missing the point. We (or at least I) want PK in because we want Canada to have the best chance at winning. He is exactly what Team Canada needs and some of the D men we have are baffling. Babcock is relying too much on this chemistry thing IMO.

Big ice and no Subban? That is just nonsense for Canada's hopes for Gold. That's why he should play, not cuz he's a Hab.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Spoken like a true Canadian fan. The U.S. is built for the big ice and has brought the most dynamic skating team at this tournament. It will be the U.S. against whoever for the gold. Halfway through the medal round, Canadian fans will be asking: where are our dynamic skaters?

And we will be saying they are both sitting in the pressbox. As duchene and Subban are two of team Canada's best skaters.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Will Canada game be broadcast on CBC online ? I go there, and find nothing.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal

Cute excess of confidence. Pretty sure Crosby, Toews, St.Louis, Tavares and co can't spell dynamic.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Here comes the American chest pounding after they beat Slovakia...spoken like a true American.

The Americans have a good team but settle down.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Therrien must have called Babcock and said "If you bench Subban it will make him a better person"

They are benching Subban to not disrespek the norwegians

Nah. 1-0 win. Price gets a shutout, the PP (and offense altogether) blows. Gorges would be happy.

L:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You seem pretty overconfident. The US, I agree looks amazing and I would bet on a US-Canada final or semi. As a Canadian, I'm not counting my chickens, and in fact have many doubts about what Babcock and co. are doing, but I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Top three defenceman in the tournament is #8 on ass backwards Canada's depth chart, makes sense, what a joke!

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Top three defenceman in the tournament is #8 on ass backwards Canada's depth chart, makes sense, what a joke!

Patience. Price will get MVP and PK the golden goal. Then we'll return to 2 months of horribly coached "grinding" hockey.

Hamhuis should get the game puck tonight, cuz this will be his last game (else Babcock has in fact lost it.)

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Scratch Subban on the big ice surface :laugh:

Yeah those Norwegians will be exploiting him, he's so weak defensively. I wish he was on another team's roster so this weak defensive defenceman could shut down Crosby again.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Patience. Price will get MVP and PK the golden goal. Then we'll return to 2 months of horribly coached "grinding" hockey.

Hamhuis should get the game puck tonight, cuz this will be his last game (else Babcock has in fact lost it.)

That's my wet dream, right there.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

Yeah those Norwegians will be exploiting him, he's so weak defensively. I wish he was on another team's roster so this weak defensive defenceman could shut down Crosby again.

Man if Subban was American, they'd embrace having him.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

Whatever. He's scratched based on reputation of being poor defensively. He'll play tomorrow vs Austria (another meaningless game) and then again vs Finland, I am sure. He'll be fine.

dreamingofdrouin*

people need to calm down...we got 2 easy games here and babcock wants to see every player...st.louis, hamuis today, subban and Duchene tmr....the 2 best go forward.

iw

Feb 8, 2014
what is this obsession with boumeester? ahead of pk?

ok only game 1...

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
The norris trophy winner (best d in the world) is not playing today. And we dress hamuis, bouwmeester, doughty and vlasic who are all less good than him. Man in the west I watch all Kings and Oilers games and Doughty is not close to Subban.

Weber picked it up recently is really looking good even if his stats arent. Keith is the best dman this year. And Pietro is doing really good. But then, no other canadian D is better than Subban. Such BS.

I think that mckenzie said that both pk and duschene are in for game 2, so its not that much different than the price/luongo situation.

I like PK, I love that he's a hab but going in he was pretty much pegged as at best a third pairing, more likely a fourth so him sitting out game 1 is not that surprising. As long as he gets a chance ( which looks like he will) my guess is that this is the only thing that will bump him up in the depth chart. its not like he shies away from the big stage ( which may be both a blessing and a curse).

He's said he's fine with whatever role he gets, I don't see why you have to take offense for him. He's not gonna be mike smith, he will get some ice time and what happens after that will depend on how he plays with the time he gets. I'd rather he sit game one and get more of a chance in game 2 than be like the way the Czech's treated Smid who dressed but never saw the ice.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Subban would be the #1 defenseman on a bunch of teams in this tourny and realistically is more talented with the puck than any d on Team Canada. He just has this negative stigma attached to him which he cant seem to shake even though he says and does the right things all the time.

I blame Therrien, the TSN anti-Subban attack agenda and other people around the league who have constantly put him down for no reason.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

why ? They didnt seem to have a love affair with okposo.

P.k will get his kick at the cat, if he does well he will get more ice time, if he struggles he'll get less. And with our defense and our first two opponents, its very unlikely that Subban goes up the depth chart due to a player playing so poorly that he goes down.

As long as he gets his chance, then everything after that is pretty much on him.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
why ? They didnt seem to have a love affair with okposo.

P.k will get his kick at the cat, if he does well he will get more ice time, if he struggles he'll get less. And with our defense and our first two opponents, its very unlikely that Subban goes up the depth chart due to a player playing so poorly that he goes down.

As long as he gets his chance, then everything after that is pretty much on him.

What does Okposo have to do with this? Okposo wouldn't be USA #1 d-man

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
What does Okposo have to do with this? Okposo wouldn't be USA #1 d-man

I'm sorry why would the americans love PK ? I though there was an inference there that might not have been.

for the longest time, whether PK would make the team was very much in doubt. now that he has, even though I love him as a player I'm fine with the decision to let him sit. And I dont think that pk is canada's best D for the olympics, not do I think he'd be the best D for the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad