OT: The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Subban is playing tomorrow.
Hamhuis might be a healthy scratch tomorrow.

He will get his chance to show why he deserves to be playing every game.

Doesn't matter. I was ok with the Hamhuis pick because I figured he would never play unless one of Vlasic or Bouwmeester couldn't or struggled. The fact that he gets a second of ice time over Subban is a sham.

I almost wish Price wasn't playing so they could lose and everything blows up in their idiotic faces! No really, but this is beyond stupid.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
For that I primarily blame Therrien and his dogged determination to "break" Subban, as if PK is no smarter than a race horse.

I am not surprised that Subban has to sit today, but I think it's a poor decision by Babcock, and I frankly expected better of him. It's a scrub game today anyway, so hopefully when PK does get in the lineup he will show that he not only belongs on the ice, but in a top-4 role.

He'll get 35 seconds a period on the 2nd wave of PP and won't get a chance over his precious white knights Pietrangelo, Weber and Doughty.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Doesn't matter. I was ok with the Hamhuis pick because I figured he would never play unless one of Vlasic or Bouwmeester couldn't or struggled. The fact that he gets a second of ice time over Subban is a sham.

I almost wish Price wasn't playing so they could lose and everything blows up in their idiotic faces! No really, but this is beyond stupid.

The olympics is when you cheer for the logo in the front, not the name on the back. If PK was on team USA and a regular roster spot, would you be cheering for the Americans? During this time we should all be Canadians first, and habs fans second imo, get behind your country regardless of the roster.

I'm not happy PK isn't playing game one, and I wouldn't be happy if Price got benched too...but in the end it doesn't matter to me as long as Canada wins.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Subban will be in the line-up for the gold medal game.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Halak has nothing to do with this. Slovakia couldn't leave its own zone. The Americans are having fun in there.

The Americans are showing speed and skill and that they are the team to beat in this tournament.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The olympics is when you cheer for the logo in the front, not the name on the back. If PK was on team USA and a regular roster spot, would you be cheering for the Americans? During this time we should all be Canadians first, and habs fans second imo, get behind your country regardless of the roster.

I'm not happy PK isn't playing game one, and I wouldn't be happy if Price got benched too...but in the end it doesn't matter to me as long as Canada wins.

Or I can see an idiotic move when it happens. Doesn't mean I'm not cheering for them, but I have the right to criticize idiotic moves that will not help the team when I see them.

It's a short tournament all about quick chemistry, so why would you be cycling in and out a dynamic game changer for a vanilla player you have too many of already? It makes zero sense.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Therrien must have called Babcock and said "If you bench Subban it will make him a better person"

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Or I can see an idiotic move when it happens. Doesn't mean I'm not cheering for them, but I have the right to criticize idiotic moves that will not help the team when I see them.

It's a short tournament all about quick chemistry, so why would you be cycling in and out a dynamic game changer for a vanilla player you have too many of already? It makes zero sense.

But you just said you almost wish Price wasn't playing so our country could lose :help:

It's game one, calm down...they're trying out different combinations. Subban is playing tomorrow, if he does better than a roster player today then they'll probably ride him all the way. Same goes for Luongo tomorrow if he does better. If PK and Price don't play well then I'll be happy they're sitting if it gives team Canada a better chance at winning.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Keith-Doughty
Subban-Weber
Vlasic-Pietrangelo

that's what I'd go with. Hamhuis and Bouwmeester shouldn't even be on this team.

Bouwmeester is having a great season, and, next to Keith and Subban, is the best skating defenceman on the team which is key for the big ice. Plus he has chemistry with Pietrangelo. I have no problem with him.

Hamhuis over Subban on the other hand is absurdity.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
Therrien must have called Babcock and said "If you bench Subban it will make him a better person"

MT probably tried to sell Babcock on Davey. "U no u should taken davey, he has charakter, teamates and players show him respekt. He's 5'6 but I teach him puck to da net and be grinder. PK no grind"

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
On the RC feed, I heard Dubé (I think) after the RUS-SLO game:

-'Là, on est pu en ondes?'

Then a clear 'pop' noise.

They start drinking right after the game, it seems! :laugh:

I just hope nobody tells them the sound stays on for the online feed!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Bouwmeester is having a great season, and, next to Keith and Subban, is the best skating defenceman on the team which is key for the big ice. Plus he has chemistry with Pietrangelo. I have no problem with him.

Hamhuis over Subban on the other hand is absurdity.

I've seen enough Vancouver games this season to know that Hamhuis brings nothing to the table for a team like this. It was a poor choice and a confusing one to say the least.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
On the RC feed, I heard Dubé (I think) after the RUS-SLO game:

-'Là, on est pu en ondes?'

Then a clear 'pop' noise.

They start drinking right after the game, it seems! :laugh:

I just hope nobody tells them the sound stays on for the online feed!

Haha, that's great. It's 7pm in Russia, right? Pre-drink time.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Guys PK is the secret weapon. Seldom deployed during the first act.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
But you just said you almost wish Price wasn't playing so our country could lose :help:

It's game one, calm down...they're trying out different combinations. Subban is playing tomorrow, if he does better than a roster player today then they'll probably ride him all the way. Same goes for Luongo tomorrow if he does better. If PK and Price don't play well then I'll be happy they're sitting if it gives team Canada a better chance at winning.

Nah. 1-0 win. Price gets a shutout, the PP (and offense altogether) blows. Gorges would be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad