OT: The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Russia is extremely scary I know they are playing a team who made it there by the skin of their teeth but ovechkin came to play which is something he hasn't been doing much this year, not to mention home ice advantage.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
The norris trophy winner (best d in the world) is not playing today. And we dress hamuis, bouwmeester, doughty and vlasic who are all less good than him. Man in the west I watch all Kings and Oilers games and Doughty is not close to Subban.

Weber picked it up recently is really looking good even if his stats arent. Keith is the best dman this year. And Pietro is doing really good. But then, no other canadian D is better than Subban. Such BS.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
The norris trophy winner (best d in the world) is not playing today. And we dress hamuis, bouwmeester, doughty and vlasic who are all less good than him. Man in the west I watch all Kings and Oilers games and Doughty is not close to Subban.

Weber picked it up recently is really looking good even if his stats arent. Keith is the best dman this year. And Pietro is doing really good. But then, no other canadian D is better than Subban. Such BS.

I may be off base but I have serious doubts about Weber's mobility on that ice surface, whether it's manning the point on the PP or effectively chasing the puck down low. He'll look like Pronger in Torino which is not a positive.

PK should get plenty of ice time but TC being TC, he's going to get the shaft.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal

I have no idea how hamuis, bouwmeester, doughty and vlasic have been doing defensively, dont watch their games, but you have to admit that Subban does make some defensive play that makes you go :shakehead quite a lot this year. He is the best offensive D in the squad no doubt, but makes a lot of mistakes in his own zone. The Canadian coaching staff wants to play it safe (which is kinda stupid since PK should shine in a big ice surface imo).

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
This first game isn't as important as the other ones. The way I look at it it's Hamhuis and the others who are on trial here not Subban.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
PK's whole life he has heard that he isn't good enough. This snub will only fuel him to be a better player. Habs don't use him in key situations so it's easy for Babcock to not rank him too high.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
Watching that Russia Slovenia game on TVA sport with Dany Dubé and Martin McGuire. Imagine if they'd actually join TVA Sport full time for Habs hockey next year. #TheDream

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Question : why is Radio-Canada's feed is blurred, than good, than blurred again?

I'm wondering the same. It either really blurry or really high def.
Damn work internet speed.

Does TVA sports have an online feed?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
P.K. Subban is the game changer on the back end and they bench him for Dan ****ing Hamhuis. I'll never understand how Team Canada makes decisions, it's so utterly ridiculous.

I've really grown tired with this veteran, play it safe ********. Whenever they lose it's because of this crap. PK is just flat out better than 5 of the 7 other defenseman yet he's a healthy scratch while players have half the talent get 45 yards of rope. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
P.K. Subban is the game changer on the back end and they bench him for Dan ****ing Hamhuis. I'll never understand how Team Canada makes decisions, it's so utterly ridiculous.

I've really grown tired with this veteran, play it safe ********. Whenever they lose it's because of this crap. PK is just flat out better than 5 of the 7 other defenseman yet he's a healthy scratch while players have half the talent get 45 yards of rope. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Subban is playing tomorrow.
Hamhuis might be a healthy scratch tomorrow.

He will get his chance to show why he deserves to be playing every game.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
I have no idea how hamuis, bouwmeester, doughty and vlasic have been doing defensively, dont watch their games, but you have to admit that Subban does make some defensive play that makes you go :shakehead quite a lot this year.
For that I primarily blame Therrien and his dogged determination to "break" Subban, as if PK is no smarter than a race horse.

I am not surprised that Subban has to sit today, but I think it's a poor decision by Babcock, and I frankly expected better of him. It's a scrub game today anyway, so hopefully when PK does get in the lineup he will show that he not only belongs on the ice, but in a top-4 role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad