OT: The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Clutch doesn't exist.

Clutch does exist. Think of Bergeron or Kane or Cammalleri... but they are two types of clutch. One bad of the player going from speed 1 to suddenly 4 or 5 and the other type which is good is the player going from speed 2 or 3 to 5.

Michael Ryder is a bad clutch

Patrice Bergeron is a good clutch

Rick Nash is not really clutch.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
For you. Others have a different opinion. Who cares?

The Olympics are secondary to the Habs for me. I'd want Canada to win even if Price and Subban weren't on the team, but I definitely have my eye on them when they're playing more than the other players.

I don't really care who wins, to be honest. I'm habs before all, and patriotism isn't my bag, man. Would be nice to see subban get some real minutes so some people could stop being so wrong about his game and supposed attitude problems, but in the end, it's canada's loss if they don't play him more. I'll be there to chuckle when they finish 2nd to the U.S.

Apr 28, 2010
If Subban and Price don't play anymore, I wouldn't be sad/mad if Canada doesn't win gold. I might even be happy.

Call me unpatriotic, but my Canada includes PK Subban.

Lol same. Screw "team first" when it comes to Olympics. I want to see Price/Subban in action when they win gold. If they don't play a game again, team Canada can **** themselves.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Wow. I don't even... wow. :laugh:

The last few posts - you obviously care about Canada or you would be commenting about other teams. Why no feeling sorry for Plekanec and horrible team the Czech's selected?

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So many double standards when it comes to Subban. I'm so ****ing sick of it.

this, this, 1000 times this.

He is simply too talented to leave off the team.

He is playing better than both Hamhuis and Bouwmeester at this point. I'm fine with him being the #7, but if he's scratched this is idiocy from TC. Very sad because PK is always at a disadvantage when it comes to smear campaigns and media ********. If Lu plays over price at least it's understandable. But the gap Subban has on the other Dmen is pretty sizable

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Wow. I don't even... wow. :laugh:

The last few posts - you obviously care about Canada or you would be commenting about other teams. Why no feeling sorry for Plekanec and horrible team the Czech's selected?

Everyone commented on the czech team when it was announced ages ago. We all got our licks in then. I think their fate was understood the moment we saw their roster. The reality of their current situation isn't surprising to anyone.

That, and since there are many in here who do care and are talking about team canada, it's only natural that most posts made will be continuing that conversation.

There's also the fact that our two best players are on team canada, leading to even more conversation about it.

So yeah, it's really not complicated to see why people who might not care about team canada are discussing team canada.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
One of the only reason Kunitz is there is because of the chemistry. The day he doesn't belong in a Crosby line...I hope they understand that it means he's the 14th forward.....
Pretty sure he will be. The two forwards people we're talking about was Marleau & Carter.. but they've put up 7-points and lead the entire tournament in scoring so far.

Nash and Kunitz should be the two guys. Whichever one you pick is up to you, or play all 8 defenseman and sit them both.

Everyone commented on the czech team when it was announced ages ago. We all got our licks in then. I think their fate was understood the moment we saw their roster. The reality of their current situation isn't surprising to anyone.

That, and since there are many in here who do care and are talking about team canada, it's only natural that most posts made will be continuing that conversation.

There's also the fact that our two best players are on team canada, leading to even more conversation about it.

So yeah, it's really not complicated to see why people who might not care about team canada are discussing team canada.
Alrighty, glad to know you don't care about them winning gold. I'm sure they would despise each and every one of you for cheering against them and the team.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Pretty sure he will be. The two forwards people we're talking about was Marleau & Carter.. but they've put up 7-points and lead the entire tournament in scoring so far.

Nash and Kunitz should be the two guys. Whichever one you pick is up to you, or play all 8 defenseman and sit them both.

Playing 8 defensemen might be crazy enough to work!

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
this, this, 1000 times this.

He is simply too talented to leave off the team.

He is playing better than both Hamhuis and Bouwmeester at this point. I'm fine with him being the #7, but if he's scratched this is idiocy from TC. Very sad because PK is always at a disadvantage when it comes to smear campaigns and media ********. If Lu plays over price at least it's understandable. But the gap Subban has on the other Dmen is pretty sizable

I'm a big Subban fan but still lucid enough to understand in an Olympic direct elimination tournament you have to reduce as much of the risk as possible.

1. Subban never plays on the left. Hamhuis and Bouwmeester are LD's. Surely you are not suggesting PK play left, a position he never plays, on the biggest stage ever.

2. To me, Weber, Doughty and Pietroangelo are ahead of Subban. Very close offensively, they have a more complete game.

3. PK's value on the PP is being diminished with Weber's excellent play.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Playing 8 defensemen might be crazy enough to work!
Most definitely.

If you want to limit the minutes of Subban and Hamhuis, that's better than using only one of them. Hamhuis can play the defensive minutes needed, while PK can tackle the PP minutes - which just makes our PP so much better.

It's not like the other 12-forwards can't handle the minutes. And if someone gets hurt, it's not like the bottom-6 forwards can't eat up some extra minutes (like they are used to in the NHL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad