OT: The Official Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Thread (ALL NON-HOCKEY TALK)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Haha. Been bragging about our gold to an English friend who has a rather exagerated opinion regarding the violence in Hockey, and he gave me a hilarious comeback

"Did you got so good at brooming by cleaning the blood out of the ice in hockey?"

This one bears a repeat. Englishmen have a tradition of coming up with timely zingers.

Like that infamous quote attributed to Winston Churchill, retorting to his political foe, Bessy Braddock, who claimed Churchill had been drunk. To which he allegedly replied:

“Yes madam, but you are ugly and disgustingly fat, but in the morning, I shall be sober.â€

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Me too!!! I'm not a big fan of summer olympics, but I LOVE the winter ones. Not gonna lie, I'm feeling sad right now... there's not much I didn't see and I'm going through early withdrawal as I type this. :cry:

Same for me. Always a tough week after the Olympics where there's just nothing too exciting to replace that. And maybe if we'd be better in the summer, it would be more exciting....let,s hope we kinda turn it around.

Well there is the NHL starting again....and being a big Curling fan, the Brier that starts in a week, Worlds in a month.....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ladies' curling is one of the few Olympic sports/ leisure activity, where so much attention is paid to make-up.

Who can forget Jen Jones sporting gold-colored eyeshadow, on her gold medal-winning game? :sarcasm:

I certainly won't be missing Heather Hiscox and the lingering sounds from every word she ends a sentence with.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Me too!!! I'm not a big fan of summer olympics, but I LOVE the winter ones. Not gonna lie, I'm feeling sad right now... there's not much I didn't see and I'm going through early withdrawal as I type this. :cry:

Same for me. Always a tough week after the Olympics where there's just nothing too exciting to replace that. And maybe if we'd be better in the summer, it would be more exciting....let,s hope we kinda turn it around.

Well there is the NHL starting again....and being a big Curling fan, the Brier that starts in a week, Worlds in a month.....

Don't worry guys, it's gonna be business as usual 'round here before one can say 'Fire Therrien'. How long until the Desharnais thread is back on top of Page 1?

(Middle of Page 2? Hasn't been used in a week now :amazed:)

Wait until the Subban VS Babcock drama gets in full swing :nod:

Sweet Jesus, I miss the Olympics already :cry:

3148488.jpg

Oh, what the heck

:surrender

GO HABS GO!

Last edited:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
This one bears a repeat. Englishmen have a tradition of coming up with timely zingers.

Like that infamous quote attributed to Winston Churchill, retorting to his political foe, Bessy Braddock, who claimed Churchill had been drunk. To which he allegedly replied:

“Yes madam, but you are ugly and disgustingly fat, but in the morning, I shall be sober.â€

A better one attributed to Winston was from a social event where a woman said to him "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea." Winston retorted "Madam, if I was your husband, I'd drink it."

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A better one attributed to Winston was from a social event where a woman said to him "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea." Winston retorted "Madam, if I was your husband, I'd drink it."

Classic.

Happened to one Mordecai Richler who was with an English friend at a bar in England during the Jacques Parizeau referendum, as they were showing Parizeau's drunken speech after the results had been in.

The Englishman friend asked: "Is that man, your premier?"

Richler replied: "Unfortunately, yes."

To which the Englishman retorted: "How amusingly disturbing". :laugh:

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Classic.

Happened to one Mordecai Richler who was with an English friend at a bar in England during the Jacques Parizeau referendum, as they were showing Parizeau's drunken speech after the results had been in.

The Englishman friend asked: "Is that man, your premier?"

Richler replied: "Unfortunately, yes."

To which the Englishman retorted: "How amusingly disturbing". :laugh:

The fact that a brit would be disturbed by this is amusingly ironic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad