OT: The Official Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Thread (ALL NON-HOCKEY TALK)

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
The good thing is that we don't have a lot of 4th place finish (don't remember any except for the team pursuit this morning) this year. There was an Olympics few years ago where we keep finishing at 4th place.

that's our summer olympics specialty.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
The good thing is that we don't have a lot of 4th place finish (don't remember any except for the team pursuit this morning) this year. There was an Olympics few years ago where we keep finishing at 4th place.

I don't know the totals but we had 3 fourth place finishes in Luge alone. Tristin Walker and Alex Gough had the misfortune of finishing 4th twice.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Off the top of my head, we finished 4th in men's skicross. We also finished 4th in men's moguls, although we did get gold and silver. There are probably more, but I don't have time to look through the whole list of events.

Habsolument

Jul 14, 2003
St-Lambert, Qc
Visit site

Eh I know what you mean, we have certainly improved on finishing just shy of the podium, but we still had our fair share of 4th (or 5th) places in Sochi. This is off the top of my head.

Le Guellec 5th in the 10K Sprint Biathlon
Alex Gough and Kimberly McRae 4th and 5th in luge
4th in luge Doubles
4th in luge Team Relay
Parrot 5th in slopestyle
Gagnon 4th in moguls
Leman 4th in ski cross

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Eh I know what you mean, we have certainly improved on finishing just shy of the podium, but we still had our fair share of 4th (or 5th) places in Sochi. This is off the top of my head.

Le Guellec 5th in the 10K Sprint Biathlon
Alex Gough and Kimberly McRae 4th and 5th in luge
4th in luge Doubles
4th in luge Team Relay
Parrot 5th in slopestyle
Gagnon 4th in moguls
Leman 4th in ski cross

Giroux, Makowsky, Morrison fourth in Men's Team pursuit speed skating.

PricePkPatch*

Biathlon is so ******* awesome.

It's probably the discipline that is closest to the original intent of the Olympics: competition in disciplines meant to recreate military actions.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Some pretty curious games though. Overall, we did pretty good. Good amoutn of gold, very good amount of overall medals....but some terrible events in things we should have been much better (see short track...luge/bobsleigh/skeleton, cross country (Alex Harvey and Co).

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Closing ceremony

Faking that the 5th Olympic ring is not opening up :laugh:

Russians have a sense of humor?

BhLA_5DCYAAuJ6Z.jpg

Well played, Sochi, well played.

Ad

Upcoming events