OT: The Official Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Thread (ALL NON-HOCKEY TALK)

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Hopefully we get a medal in short track today. Had they perform a little bit better, we would be leaders in the medal table.

PricePkPatch*

Haha. Been bragging about our gold to an English friend who has a rather exagerated opinion regarding the violence in Hockey, and he gave me a hilarious comeback

"Did you got so good at brooming by cleaning the blood out of the ice in hockey?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
2400 drug testing...

2/2400.

it makes me sick that this is the direction our world has gone. if people are willing to use drugs to make them better, so be it, it's their body not mine and something I wouldn't participate in.

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
Haha. Been bragging about our gold to an English friend who has a rather exagerated opinion regarding the violence in Hockey, and he gave me a hilarious comeback

"Did you got so good at brooming by cleaning the blood out of the ice in hockey?"

:laugh:

That's pretty good actually.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Maltais just pulled an Hamelin, falling at the end of the race, few meters from qualifying for the finals...
Cournoyer coming up in the 500m finals. Would take any medal at this point, but not expecting a medal against the Russian and the 2 Chinese skaters.

Last edited:

habitue*

The Netherland sure hope that speed skating long track will be in Olympics Winter games forever.... Incredible !!!

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
didn't we use to win medals at speed skating?!?!?

are there any gold medal hopefuls/favourites left?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
didn't we use to win medals at speed skating?!?!?

are there any gold medal hopefuls/favourites left?

There is only one event left in long track and Canada will battle for the bronze in men's pursuit.

In speed skating this year:

Long track: silver and bronze for Denny Morrison

Short track: gold for C.Hamelin, silver for women's team, bronze for Cournoyer.

At the beginning, they were talking bout 5 medals MINIMUM for short track... so yeah... huge disappointement. 4 gold medals for C.Hamelin was really possible but he fell twice in his two best distances and his brother fell in the team's event.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
There is only one event left in long track and Canada will battle for the bronze in men's pursuit.

In speed skating this year:

Long track: silver and bronze for Denny Morrison

Short track: gold for C.Hamelin, silver for women's team, bronze for Cournoyer.

At the beginning, they were talking bout 5 medals MINIMUM for short track... so yeah... huge disappointement. 4 gold medals for C.Hamelin was really possible but he fell twice in his two best distances and his brother fell in the team's event.

it's really odd a bunch of skaters fell....

what about the snowboarding tomorrow??

i'm turning into a biathlon fan...working your body like that, and then having to hold a gun still....sometimes standing up.

**** me. that's tough

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Other than hockey and maybe the bob-sleigh, any medal hopefuls left?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sucks for long track....there were really some possibilities there against Poland.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Oh well were going to probably finish third we really had a chance to dominate those games, but we fell short in speed skating. Still amazing improvement from 8 years ago.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Oh well were going to probably finish third we really had a chance to dominate those games, but we fell short in speed skating. Still amazing improvement from 8 years ago.

The good thing is that we don't have a lot of 4th place finish (don't remember any except for the team pursuit this morning) this year. There was an Olympics few years ago where we keep finishing at 4th place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad