OT: The Official Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Thread (ALL NON-HOCKEY TALK)

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
What a better way to open this thread: 1-2 Gold-Silver for Dufour-Lapointe sisters in moguls!

medalcount.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
That was unreal to witness, so happy for them! I was literally talking to the TV saying "CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE" when the American was going down the hill haha

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Fantastic screw up by the American. That lost her the gold.

It was very difficult to catch Justine, she scored a high score. She definitely lost herself the silver though. And she got the bronze on reputation, there's no way she did better than the japanese.

Proud of the girls.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Quebec Air Force delivers!

I thought we couldn't have individual Sochi topics on the team boards, otherwise I would have opened one Thursday for those very first qualifying sessions...

Anyway, the sisters won but... injustice I feel for Bronze... Kearney almost fell and still beat the Japanese out of bronze, and Aiko Uemura is 34 years old and had never won an olympic medal... I know nothing about this sport, but I feel the Japanese should have won bronze.

ALSO, need to point out, the goalie of the Switzerland Women's Hockey team has beautiful eyes and kept her smile throughout 69 shots...and saved 64 of them as Canada beat Switzerland 5-0 this morning. Ms. Schiller, you are a goalie after my own heart. Let me score on you!

(I can't score on you... in any way :-( )

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Wow, imagine this:there's a third one coming up in the ranks. They are the equivalent of the Laroche family, even better.

No. Maxime who finished 12th is the oldest at 24 and she nearly didn't make it. Justine who won gold is 19 and Chloe who won silver is 22. But still, they'll all be there again in 4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad