OT: The Official Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Thread (ALL NON-HOCKEY TALK)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The fact that a brit would be disturbed by this is amusingly ironic.

Not quite. The expression only evokes that he is eerily amused, not that he's personally disturbed.

Last edited:

djpass

So much negative propaganda against Russia prior to the Games but based on what is said by most, they truly deserve Gold for the best Winter Olympics presented to date.

Congrats and thanks for the beautiful memories !

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So much negative propaganda against Russia prior to the Games but based on what is said by most, they truly deserve Gold for the best Winter Olympics presented to date.

Congrats and thanks for the beautiful memories !

Totally agree. Yet, the best Games that I ever saw, the best Winter games..(not Spring games...;)), is still Lillehammer. Represented everything I wanted to see in a Winter Games. But I loved Sochi too.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Totally agree. Yet, the best Games that I ever saw, the best Winter games..(not Spring games...;)), is still Lillehammer. Represented everything I wanted to see in a Winter Games. But I loved Sochi too.
Speaking of Lillehammer there's a feature on Kerrigan and Harding tonight. Man, what a time capsule that is.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Speaking of Lillehammer there's a feature on Kerrigan and Harding tonight. Man, what a time capsule that is.

Yeah I saw that.....wow.....tough to recognize Harding while Kerrigan is still pretty much herself and beautiful.

habitue*

Actually, Canada is bringing back more (gold) medals than any country in terms of the amount of hardware. Two full hockey teams +two curling teams + two women in bobsleigh +silver medals and bronze medals.... That's lots of indidual medals. Many different athletes will have a medal at home. Coaches.too ?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
This was probably one of the best games i've seen in a while and definitely the best womens game. :nod:

I didn't just think it was the best women's game, I thought it was the best game of ice hockey played at the Sochi Olympics. I have seen 90% of the games, including all played by "top 7" (Canada, Sweden, Finland, USA, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia) nations. Doesn't make my opinion the end of it all, but it does make it more educated.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Actually, Canada is bringing back more (gold) medals than any country in terms of the amount of hardware. Two full hockey teams +two curling teams + two women in bobsleigh +silver medals and bronze medals.... That's lots of indidual medals. Many different athletes will have a medal at home. Coaches.too ?

I think only participants get medals ... not coaches or support staff.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I haven't browsed through this thread but I thought this was quite funny. A cat falling through the ceiling in a sochi facility. Apologies if already posted

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad