The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWomp

Jan 8, 2008
i went for game 6 first round last year.. look for seats in the club boxes, private area behind your seats with a bar and you can order food, also a bathroom. worth spending the little extra money and the people are usually nice. the animals sit upstairs.

if you actually look here,http://www.ticketclub.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=2359342&event=NHL+Preseason%3a+Philadelphia+Flyers+vs.+New+Jersey+Devils

there are club box seats that include credit for use on food and beverage. theres a listing for 33 bucks per seat, but you get $25 per ticket to spend on food/beer or soda.

Have you guys used TicketClub.com before? Is it a reliable site? I've never heard of it.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Cheapest ticket is $150 each for 2 on ticket exchange.

I'm looking for 1 single ticket, what are my chances of more becoming available at hopefully a cheaper price within the next 3 or so weeks.

I would say pretty good ... I may have one extra ... will let you know when i know

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Honestly at this point it's cheaper to go to Philly for games and concerts than it is to go to NYC for anything. I live 10 miles outside of NYC and I've been to Philly for various things three times as much over the past few years. In fact... there are some concerts coming up this fall/winter and I got tickets for the Philly shows instead of NYC because it's easier.

Rule of thumb I employ is if a show or concert is making a stop at The Rock, I go see it there, not to the venues we are competing with (Ex: MSG, Barclays, Swamp, Philly).

If it doesn't have a show at The Rock, I factor in cost of the ticket along with travel costs/time and the night of the week.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Rule of thumb I employ is if a show or concert is making a stop at The Rock, I go see it there, not to the venues we are competing with (Ex: MSG, Barclays, Swamp, Philly).

If it doesn't have a show at The Rock, I factor in cost of the ticket along with travel costs/time and the night of the week.

I don't see those kinds of shows that would be at the Rock, MSG, or Barclays. The biggest band I see is Dave Matthews Band. Otherwise I see bands like From Indian Lakes, Early November, Mae, Into it Over it, Great Big Pile of Leaves, and so on. They play at places like Union Transfer or Electric Factory in Philly or Webster Hall and Bowery in NYC. For instance I'm seeing A Great Big Pile of Leaves at the Asbury Lanes for $10 next week, Mandolin Orange at Mercury Lounge in NYC next week for $10, From Indian Lakes at Radiant in Nutley for $10 in December, and Mae in Philly for $30 in January. The beings thing about being an emo/indie/folk music fan is that the shows are sooooo cheap.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't see those kinds of shows that would be at the Rock, MSG, or Barclays. The biggest band I see is Dave Matthews Band. Otherwise I see bands like From Indian Lakes, Early November, Mae, Into it Over it, Great Big Pile of Leaves, and so on. They play at places like Union Transfer or Electric Factory in Philly or Webster Hall and Bowery in NYC. For instance I'm seeing A Great Big Pile of Leaves at the Asbury Lanes for $10 next week, Mandolin Orange at Mercury Lounge in NYC next week for $10, From Indian Lakes at Radiant in Nutley for $10 in December, and Mae in Philly for $30 in January. The beings thing about being an emo/indie/folk music fan is that the shows are sooooo cheap.

Come on, admit it, you have Cher tickets for her December show at The Rock.

The two shows at The Rock I would like to attend in the next few months are FFDP/Volbeat and Fleetwood Mac.

FM show is sold out though and I'm waiting for prices to drop on The Hub.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
Have you guys used TicketClub.com before? Is it a reliable site? I've never heard of it.

its a ticketnetwork site. ticketnetwork is used by a lot of brokers. most of the inventory is also on stubhub, but ticketclub only has a 10 percent service fee on it, where as stubhub has about 15% (now all the fees are included in the price.)

i've used it before for concerts and its reliable. i know there is a money back guarantee if the seller cant fulfill the order. i prefer stubhub though because if the seller cant fulfill the order there, stubhub will try to replace your seats before refunding you

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
its a ticketnetwork site. ticketnetwork is used by a lot of brokers. most of the inventory is also on stubhub, but ticketclub only has a 10 percent service fee on it, where as stubhub has about 15% (now all the fees are included in the price.)

i've used it before for concerts and its reliable. i know there is a money back guarantee if the seller cant fulfill the order. i prefer stubhub though because if the seller cant fulfill the order there, stubhub will try to replace your seats before refunding you

This actually just happened to me this weekend.

Bought a ticket for the Syracuse-Maryland football game (an excuse to visit my son, a freshman at Syracuse).

Seller didn't upload the 2nd-level ticket within 24 hours ... SH called me and offered (at no extra charge) a ticket in the lower level, six rows from field (which was listed on SH at 2x what I paid).

Their fees (which total about 25% between buyer and seller) seem absurd, but if the bottom line price to you is close to what you can get elsewhere, their reliability and customer service is definitely worth it.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Just a note for all of you selling on Stubhub this season since the canceled order policy has changed. The new policy charges you 20% of the sale you can't complete. The old policy allowed you to reject the order within 24 hours and face no penalty. Just a thought for those who are thinking of listing on Stubhub and Ticket Exchange at the same time.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
This actually just happened to me this weekend.

Bought a ticket for the Syracuse-Maryland football game (an excuse to visit my son, a freshman at Syracuse).

Seller didn't upload the 2nd-level ticket within 24 hours ... SH called me and offered (at no extra charge) a ticket in the lower level, six rows from field (which was listed on SH at 2x what I paid).

Their fees (which total about 25% between buyer and seller) seem absurd, but if the bottom line price to you is close to what you can get elsewhere, their reliability and customer service is definitely worth it.

You don't have to pay much for Syracuse football tix.
A few bucks outside the stadium will get you in I have been told.

Stubhub will make things right, but buying from box office, TM or through the Devils is always the most reliable.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Just got a pair of tickets to the game tomorrow in section 224, row 5. Probably won't get there until right at game time though. If anyone else ends up getting tickets, let me know where you're sitting!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Just got a pair of tickets to the game tomorrow in section 224, row 5. Probably won't get there until right at game time though. If anyone else ends up getting tickets, let me know where you're sitting!

Probably see you there buddy. We'll be in a box. Maybe we can sneak you in!

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
You don't have to pay much for Syracuse football tix.
A few bucks outside the stadium will get you in I have been told.

Stubhub will make things right, but buying from box office, TM or through the Devils is always the most reliable.

Tickets are fairly cheap outside the stadium ... however, they have let students in free for the first two home games and actually ended up with more then 40k for each game. so TM inventory wasn't huge.

The one I got ON SH was about 50% of what TM was charging.

Agreed that buying directly from source/TM is the way to go for "certainty", but SH often has tix below box-office prices and I don't know anyone who hasn't ultimately gotten in via SH (even if issue arose).

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Was in downtown earlier today.

Had lunch at Chipotle, pretty much the same as any Chipotle I've been too.
It is right next to Dinosaur BBQ on the corner of Market St and Mulberry St (adjacent to Championship Plaza).

I just beat the corporate lunch rush and with a nice warm day there was a line out the door when I left.

I noticed that the Krauzers on the other side of Chipotle was open so I checked it out and bought a few things.
They don't have lottery yet, but, they do have a deli and I believe I saw a grill.
Fresh coffee of course.

Since its new it was very clean.
The manager said as of right now they are open to 10pm, but, he plans to eventually be 24x7 since the new Lofts above are filling in.
I let him know that Devils games end between 9:30 and 10pm, to try to stay open to 10:30 on game nights for the post game crowd.

He has a few Devils posters up which is a nice touch.

Check both of these new places out when you go to your next game.

I drove by Lafayette St and the Iron White Curtain was down, blocking the world to the practice rink, so no update there.

They had these large tents set up in the parking lot on Lafayette, I think it was for the Oprah shows this weeked?

I'll be back Sunday night.

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
anyone know when season tickets will finally be loaded online to transfer or sell on the ticket exchange?

Bert Marshall days

Oct 31, 2006
Not sure where to put this but thought Jersey types might know - I want to go to Notre Dame-Syracuse saturday at Metlife. Is there a way to get there by train as I'll be coming into Grand Central? I guess I could go to Penn Station but is that train to the game running saturday? Supposedly it only runs for Jets/Giants games on sunday at 1 PM.

BTW, any of you going to Barclay's Center Friday?

I have to say you represented well in Brooklyn last year. Saw Monday's game vs NYR and Henrique in the last minute. Sweet.

Thx

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
The Metlife train runs to all 45k+ events so it runs for all NFL games and most if not all concerts, soccer games and college games. I'm going Saturday but taking a car

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
New Policy in place for smokers.

No Smoking Policy

Beginning Friday, September 26, 2014, as required by law, Prudential Center will be a smoke and tobacco-free facility, including electronic cigarettes. This policy includes all indoor areas and all outdoor areas within 25 feet from all entrances and exits of the building.

Smoking will be prohibited in previously designated smoking areas, including Prudential Center balconies and Championship Plaza. The facility’s no-re-entry policy will continue to be enforced.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Big email to STH this morning (I see cj beat me to part of it lol).. Highlights are:

• Buy Back Program has started
  • Q&A with O'Neil and Weber is 9/29 @ 12pm
  • New "No Smoking" Policy anywhere in or near the building
  • Viewing Party at PruCenter for the 10/9 opener against Philly
  • Fan Fests before every home game in September/October. VIP area for STH with ticket lanyards

I think the no smoking policy is awesome.. Made that whole part of the concourse by the smoking deck smell bad

ALSO: In the Buy Back Program website they finally provide the full STH/non-STH pricing - http://devils.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDF/2014-15.NJD_Pricing_Chart.pdf

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Smoking is a nasty/disgusting/deadly habit, I think it's repulsive.
I enjoy breathing smoke free air.

BUT, this is going to going to be a clusterf#@%k.

Many of the Phillip Morris slaves can't go 2.5 to 3 hours without lighting up.

It's going to hurt attendance, not help it.

What they should do instead is find a way to further insulate the smoking areas from the concourse.

The current set up is brutal when the doors to the smoking areas open and a wall of smoke enters the concourse.

Will the Devils be the first NHL team to ban smoking?

Will this also be enforced for all events?

Biggest question, is it NJ or Newark law?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I really don't mind electronic cigarettes because I can't smell them. I too think smoking is repulsive. My mother died from lung cancer due to smoking so I want to rip them out of people's mouths and smack them. I'm happy about it but I hope it doesn't hurt attendance.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah the non smoking thing is going to be this year's goal song in terms of contreversy lol...guess they won't be selling cigars at the arena anymore :sarcasm:

Come to think of it, any word on the goal song THIS year?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I really don't mind electronic cigarettes because I can't smell them. I too think smoking is repulsive. My mother died from lung cancer due to smoking so I want to rip them out of people's mouths and smack them. I'm happy about it but I hope it doesn't hurt attendance.

First thing I thought of was Revel.
They started out smoke free, realized it was a sales prevention measure, then allowed smoking but was too late to recoup gamblers who smoke.

Let's see what the smokers think.
Maybe it's not a big deal and they can hold off for 3 hours on gamenights?

I remember a guy lighting up in his seat at CAA in the upper level.
Almost everyone around him yelled to the usher-he must have been wasted.

Security BETTER prevent people from smoking in the bathrooms and stairwells.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oVBvxA0mm0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese