The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This thread is for information regarding the Rock (policies, FAQ's, etc). This is NOT for selling tickets. You can find ticket sales here.

Info about the Prudential Center

FAQ's regarding the Prudential Center (including camera info)

Restaurant Info

Directions/Parking

Pre-Paid Parking

Mass Transit Info

Box Office Info

Seating Chart (Devils shoot twice towards the right - section 2-4)

3D Seating Chart

Official Newark Visitor's Guide

Local Watering Holes:
Hell's Kitchen
Brick City Bar and Grill
Market Street Grill
Sagres Bar & Grill
Edison Ale House
McGovern's Tavern
Loft 47
Dinosaur BBQ
Mmm Bellos
Stadium Sports Bar & Grill
The Monk Room

Hotel Information:
Marriott Hotel (outside Prudential Center)
Hilton Hotel in Newark
Robert Treat Hotel
Hampton Inn in Harrison
*The Prudential Center is not far from Newark Airport, so you can always find hotels near there as well.*

Autograph Information:
For Devils autographs it's on Lafeyette Street, walking towards Broad Street, right before the VIP parking garage. You'll probably see a bunch of people standing out there.

For visiting teams it's on Edison Street, walking towards Broad Street, right past the Devils Den (directly opposite from where the home team comes out).

The last Pru Center thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1531119

Mod Note:
Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use.
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.
HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I assume all the links still work since I just c/p'ed cj's post from the last thread (only changing the link to the prior Pru Center thread).

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I assume all the links still work since I just c/p'ed cj's post from the last thread (only changing the link to the prior Pru Center thread).

Scullys and Brick City Coffee are closed up.

Add the Monk Room on Green Street as a restaurant and watering hole.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I've been trying to experience the local food outside the arena before games. I'll try to keep this updated as I try new places.

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Address: 224 Market St (attached to Championship Plaza, cross with Mulberry)
Phone: 862-214-6100
Menu: http://dinosaurbarbque.com/locations/newark/menu.aspx
Price: $$$

A traditional BBQ place, very nice atmosphere and good food. No reservations on game day, arrive at least an hour and a half ahead on weeknights, and 2 and a half hours ahead on weekends. Or, it's usually empty right after games.

Food I recommend: Tres Ninos combo (best bang for your buck, 3 meats and 2 sides for $15), Garlic Chipotle wings

Joe's Crab Shack
Address: 860 Broad St (walk down Lafayette Street, passing the Rock)
Phone: 973-424-1220
Menu: http://d1mtqxpn49jad8.cloudfront.net/content/pdf/R-HT.pdf

Seafood chain that just opened this last year (2013). Very easy to get to from the Rock, been there 3 times so far. Many choices if you like seafood. Service has been inconsistent, sometimes good sometimes bad.

Food I recommend: Crab nachos, Joe's Classic Steampot

Hobby's Deli
Address: 32 Branford Place (bit further from the Rock, walk down Edison Pl, make a quick left then right down Branford Place 2 blocks)
Phone: 973-623-0410
Menu: http://www.hobbysdeli.com/menu.html
Price: $$

Traditional deli, with a separate dining room. Lots of Devils fans go here, owner is a big Devils fan too. Will stay open until the puck drops.

Food I recommend: Classic poutine, the #7 club sandwich, any sandwiches with the pastrami

The Monk Room
Address: 20 Green Street (Walk down Mulberry St past the Rock, cross Lafayette, then make a right on Green)
Phone: 973-368-2771
Menu: http://themonkroom.com/

Pizza and pasta, excellent food. Convenient location, on the other side of the parking lot on Lafayette street. Tiny though, so come earlier, especially if you have more than 2 people. Currently doing a special of 2 beers for $5 on Devils game day, though I'm betting that's just a promotion for this season since they're new.

Food I recommend: 14 1/2 pizza, their signature pie.

Golden City Chinese Restaurant
Address: 58 Green St (Walk down Mulberry St past the Rock, cross Lafayette, then make a right on Green)
Phone: 973-242-2020
Menu: http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/53-north-jersey/restaurants/583275-golden-city-chinese/menu

Chinese food, typical American style. Next on the list to visit.

If you guys have any suggestions around the Rock, let me know.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I've been trying to experience the local food outside the arena before games. I'll try to keep this updated as I try new places.

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Address: 224 Market St (attached to Championship Plaza, cross with Mulberry)
Phone: 862-214-6100
Menu: http://dinosaurbarbque.com/locations/newark/menu.aspx

A traditional BBQ place, very nice atmosphere and good food. No reservations on game day, arrive at least an hour and a half ahead on weeknights, and 2 and a half hours ahead on weekends. Or, it's usually empty right after games.

Food I recommend: Tres Ninos combo (best bang for your buck, 3 meats and 2 sides for $15), Garlic Chipotle wings

Joe's Crab Shack
Address: 860 Broad St (walk down Lafayette Street, passing the Rock)
Phone: 973-424-1220
Menu: http://d1mtqxpn49jad8.cloudfront.net/content/pdf/R-HT.pdf

Seafood chain that just opened this last year (2013). Very easy to get to from the Rock, been there 3 times so far. Many choices if you like seafood. Service has been inconsistent, sometimes good sometimes bad.

Food I recommend: Crab nachos, Joe's Classic Steampot

Hobby's Deli
Address: 32 Branford Place (bit further from the Rock, walk down Edison Pl, make a quick left then right down Branford Place 2 blocks)
Phone: 973-623-0410
Menu: http://www.hobbysdeli.com/menu.html

Traditional deli, with a separate dining room. Lots of Devils fans go here, owner is a big Devils fan too. Will stay open until the puck drops.

Food I recommend: Classic poutine, the #7 club sandwich, any sandwiches with the pastrami

The Monk Room
Address: 20 Green Street (Walk down Mulberry St past the Rock, cross Lafayette, then make a right on Green)
Phone: 973-368-2771
Menu: http://themonkroom.com/

Pizza and pasta, going to try it this weekend and will update my review.

If you guys have any suggestions around the Rock, let me know.

Monk Room is not large so arrive early.
They have a full bar and great brick oven pizza.

They are the red painted building that can be accessed through the parking lot across from The Rock on Lafayette St.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
If I remember correctly someone mentioned that the Monk Room has a special if your wear your Jersey to the place. Can someone post that again?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Anyone ever dare try out the Chinese restaurant on Green St near Mulberry?

The one that looks like it could implode if someone sneezes next to it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If I remember correctly someone mentioned that the Monk Room has a special if your wear your Jersey to the place. Can someone post that again?

I think its pregame, any 2 beers for $5 which seems too good to be tru
. They have a solid beer list on their website.

leftwing

May 26, 2007
From the last thread individuals do have clubs and it is a fairly tight knit group. I keep a share in a set that aren't in my name which makes the brokering witch hunt even more crazy.

For the 16 or so games I take in my club seat share I then sell my seasons that are in my name, thereby ensuring I'm bumping right up against the Devils verboten zone despite actually being in the house at a much higher price point.

Separately, I looked at the TicketExchange agreement everyone agrees to by virtue of being a STH. There is a clause that TE/Devils can assess whatever fees, costs, or viewing rights they want on tickets you list there.

Things make more sense now.....If they can wipe out secondary sales on SH and drive it to TE they then can actually control the pricing there. You'll be denied the ability to price your tickets where you want, or they will limit buyers' ability to see them. Your tickets go unsold, box office steps in.

I don't like these people.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
From the last thread individuals do have clubs and it is a fairly tight knit group. I keep a share in a set that aren't in my name which makes the brokering witch hunt even more crazy.

For the 16 or so games I take in my club seat share I then sell my seasons that are in my name, thereby ensuring I'm bumping right up against the Devils verboten zone despite actually being in the house at a much higher price point.

Separately, I looked at the TicketExchange agreement everyone agrees to by virtue of being a STH. There is a clause that TE/Devils can assess whatever fees, costs, or viewing rights they want on tickets you list there.

Things make more sense now.....If they can wipe out secondary sales on SH and drive it to TE they then can actually control the pricing there. You'll be denied the ability to price your tickets where you want, or they will limit buyers' ability to see them. Your tickets go unsold, box office steps in.

I don't like these people.

Not many people like to pay someone thousands of dollars and essentially open themselves up to a year-round investigation on what they do with the product they purchased.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Which is why I want to sell more on StubHub on principle...problem is with all of StubHub's built in costs you get a few bucks less for your ticket than you usually do on TE.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Which is why I want to sell more on StubHub on principle...problem is with all of StubHub's built in costs you get a few bucks less for your ticket than you usually do on TE.

I'm going to draft a letter to the American Antitrust Institute and to our Senators/Representatives sometime this week.

I want to check on the status of S-875 which is legislation introduced to our Senate Commerce Committee in 2012.

a. Except as otherwise provided in this act, no ticket issuer shall:

(1) Impose license or contractual terms on the initial sale of event tickets, including, but not limited to, terms printed on the ticket, that prohibit resale of the ticket, or that restrict the price or other terms and conditions under which a ticket may be resold;

(2) Require the purchaser of a ticket, whether for a single event or for a series or season of events, to agree not to resell the ticket, or to resell the ticket only through a specific channel approved by the ticket issuer; or

(3) Limit or restrict the price at which a ticket may be resold.

b. No ticket issuer shall bring legal action, based on a prohibition or restriction on the resale of a ticket that is in violation of P.L.1983, c.135 (C.56:8-26 et seq.) against:

(1) A purchaser who resells or offers to resell a ticket without permission of the ticket issuer, or in violation of a restriction purportedly imposed by the ticket issuer;

(2) Persons who facilitate or provide services for the resale of tickets without permission or in alleged violation of a restriction; or

(3) The operator of a physical or electronic marketplace in which a ticket is offered for resale without permission or in alleged violation of such a restriction.

c. No ticket issuer shall impose any penalty on a ticket purchaser who resells or offers to resell a ticket without permission or in violation of a restriction purportedly imposed by the ticket issuer, or treating that purchaser in any material way less favorably than a similarly situated purchaser who does not resell or offer to resell an event ticket, or who complies with resale restrictions imposed by the ticket issuer in violation of P.L.1983, c.135 (C.56:8-26 et seq.).

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/S1000/875_I1.HTM

I want to know the status of this legislation because it would effectively end all this ******** the Devils are doing. Because it's wrong.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I'm going to draft a letter to the American Antitrust Institute and to our Senators/Representatives sometime this week.

I want to check on the status of S-875 which is legislation introduced to our Senate Commerce Committee in 2012.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/S1000/875_I1.HTM

I want to know the status of this legislation because it would effectively end all this ******** the Devils are doing. Because it's wrong.

Wow that's awesome.. I mean you all know I do support the anti-broker campaign in principle, but I hate the way they go about it.. And what I hate more is feeling like someone else is controlling/watching me, so I'd definitely get behind this if we could bring this legislation to light and tell the ticket office to suck it

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Wow that's awesome.. I mean you all know I do support the anti-broker campaign in principle, but I hate the way they go about it.. And what I hate more is feeling like someone else is controlling/watching me, so I'd definitely get behind this if we could bring this legislation to light and tell the ticket office to suck it

Last I heard that piece of legislation was headed to the NJ Budgets and Appropriations Committee.

I'm going to see where it is and if I ever get a response back I'll report here. Either way when I read the legislation it really did magnify how ridiculous the Devils are being. I think it's funny that every line of that legislation is a slap in the face of the policies the Devils are implementing.

And whoever the genius is that's implementing this policy should be fired the day this legislation is approved (and yes, the day it's approved I'm going to write a letter to ownership detailing how whoever implemented this policy wasted everyone's time and alienated their fanbase using a practice that the state deemed illegal).

What's even more hilarious is that the Devils are walking a fine line right now. The state defines what a broker is. The Devils are essentially re-defining what a broker is in their policies and punishing you for it. It's ridiculous. I wish I had the energy to fight it more than I do now, but I think this legislation will do far more than I ever could anyway.

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014

I know a Devil's STH who sells only on Craigslist. Say he's does fine. No commission and it is not trackable.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I know a Devil's STH who sells only on Craigslist. Say he's does fine. No commission and it is not trackable.

CL is good, just a bit of a hassle.. Your listing competes with tons of brokers, and then handling payment can be rocky.. I hate when someone offers to buy your tickets and is like "Yeah so I live about 45 minutes away. When can you get here?" as if it's my job to hand deliver them.. Or you get people backing out of deals last-minute :shakehead ... And only on rare occasions are they trusting enough to pay you first via PayPal and allow you to email the tickets.. I've just found SH to be a lot easier, though I haaaate how much they rob you in fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->