The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
This may have been answered somewhere but can someone explain the changes in the club seats to me? I used to sit in there once or twice a year when it was cheaper than usual and enjoyed the free food and stuff. Did they get rid of the free food completely?

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
This may have been answered somewhere but can someone explain the changes in the club seats to me? I used to sit in there once or twice a year when it was cheaper than usual and enjoyed the free food and stuff. Did they get rid of the free food completely?

Yep, the Club Seats no longer include food. They can optionally include $30 in food and beverage credit, but we haven't seen yet how the Devils are handling that, or how the concession options now look in the club.

Hopefully someone can report back after tonight's Flyers game.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
Yep, the Club Seats no longer include food. They can optionally include $30 in food and beverage credit, but we haven't seen yet how the Devils are handling that, or how the concession options now look in the club.

Hopefully someone can report back after tonight's Flyers game.

Yea I'm not quite sure how they expect to handle that, should be interesting. Thanks

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Pru Center is definitely a work in progress. None of the new themed stands are open and are still under construction. The diner looks like it's going by section 101. They got rid of all the counters to the Devils den upstairs to make them mini stores. Food quality is 100 times better. They handed out the roster for both teams as you walked in too.

Also, the group sections have the option for all you can eat food which is located by section 131. They also got rid of the Devils supporters sign at section 122. And all of the taste of Newark stands are under construction.

And they now blow the goal horn when the team takes the ice.

Last edited:

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
Got an email this weekend saying that I have a new Rep that will be handling my account. That's 3 Reps in 3 years. I was starting to like Marissa. :cry:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Didn't see anything new tonight.
Barebones concessions open.

Concourse walls look dirtier than ever. In desperate need of a new paint job.

Most of the lcdtvs in the concourse that show ads were out.
The game entertainment was as bad as ever.

The music was painfully AWFUL.
As if some 8 yr old girl interning picked every song.

The chic with the microphone, her voice was a piercing shriek and we couldn't make out what she was saying. End that bad experiment please.

I sincerely hope the gameenight entertainnent and appearence of the arena is still in preseason mode.

I did like that they sound the horn when the Devils take the ice each period.
The only new thing I found enhanced from last season.

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Didn't see anything new tonight.
Barebones concessions open.

Concourse walls look dirtier than ever. In desperate need of a new paint job.

Most of the lcdtvs in the concourse that show ads were out.
The game entertainment was as bad as ever.

The music was painfully AWFUL.
As if some 8 yr old girl interning picked every son
The chic with the microphone, her voice was a piercing shriek and we couldn't make out what she was saying. End that bad experiment please.

I sincerely hope the gameenight entertainnent and appearence of the arena is still in preseason mode.

I did like that they sound the horn when the Devils take the ice each period.
The only new thing I found enhanced from last season.

I 100% agree with the music. They are the same songs at almost the same exact times every game. It's really REALLY boring. They need a complete overhaul of their playlist.
The Star Wars Empire music at the start of the powerplay is stupid. That needs to be changed.

Is PSEG gone as a sponsor? They weren't mentioned at any powerplay.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I 100% agree with the music. They are the same songs at almost the same exact times every game. It's really REALLY boring. They need a complete overhaul of their playlist.
The Star Wars Empire music at the start of the powerplay is stupid. That needs to be changed.

Is PSEG gone as a sponsor ? They weren't mentioned at any powerplay.

There was a PSEG sound meter "get loud fans" at some point tonight.

NJTIXX

Mar 3, 2011
Pru Center is definitely a work in progress. None of the new themed stands are open and are still under construction. The diner looks like it's going by section 101. They got rid of all the counters to the Devils den upstairs to make them mini stores. Food quality is 100 times better. They handed out the roster for both teams as you walked in too.

Also, the group sections have the option for all you can eat food which is located by section 131. They also got rid of the Devils supporters sign at section 122. And all of the taste of Newark stands are under construction.

And they now blow the goal horn when the team takes the ice.

FOOD QUALITY WAS NOT BETTER.

And please don't mistake Legends Service for the Yankees Legends service. Yankees Legends food service is 5 stars all the way around. Especially if your sitting in the Legends Seats at Yankee Stadium. Fresh Seafood, Amazing Sushi, Filet, TASTY burgers, Awesome desserts. Stuff that isn't junk etc.

The food tonight at the Devils game might've actually been WORSE than Aramark. IT WAS THAT Bad. Fries tasted like garbage and the burger was stale as hell.

No one who worked there had any idea how the built in food and beverage worked so i had to SHOW them myself, ME the Customer had to show the Employee how to scan a ticket for the credit. PATHETIC...
Granted it is a work in progress and only preseason but they better get their act together. There was one guy in the Goal Bar who was on top of things and on his game, I commend him. Appreciated his help....

Most of Legends Employees are returning Employees.

I doubt there were even that many fans. You could put everyone from the 200s and 100 Centers into 1/2 a section. Lowers were slightly better. Club had the fewest fans ever. During the intermission it's normally packed even on lightly attended days, it was like it was midnight at grand central today.

The Goal Horn when they took the Ice was louder than when the scored it seemed. Was very cool though, we got a good Philly Sucks in when the Devils scored.

As for food in the club, all the movable stands, sushi etc are gone not even available for purchase. What they had was exactly what City Grill has just your run of the mill crap.

Amazing how its going to cost $250 thru Ticketmaster to sit there opening day and ticketmaster tickets DO NOT come with $30 credit. Can't justify as a season ticket holder paying $186 ($30 credit) or $156 with no credit at all. That level of club is just right out the window.

The Restaurant Ledge was stripped of just about all it's wine from the shelves that are usually stocked to the top. Food selection in there tonight was very minimal.

Overall VERY VERY disappointing. That WILL NOT cater to the Premium Crowd. Hopefully the regular season yields different results.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Too bad that Jeff was left high and dry by Chambers, which led to financial woes, which is too bad because the current regime doesnt have that personal touch at The Rock nor do they bleed red and black like Jeff does.

For the first time ever, I am concerned deeply about the direction the franchise is going under the new leadership.

I'm talking mostly about off the ice matters.

There is a cavernous gap of disconnect between what Devils fans want and what the new regime thinks we want or should have on game nights at The Rock.

JWomp

Jan 8, 2008
Too bad that Jeff was left high and dry by Chambers, which led to financial woes, which is too bad because the current regime doesnt have that personal touch at The Rock nor do they bleed red and black like Jeff does.

For the first time ever, I am concerned deeply about the direction the franchise is going under the new leadership.

I'm talking mostly about off the ice matters.

There is a cavernous gap of disconnect between what Devils fans want and what the new regime thinks we want or should have on game nights at The Rock.

Don't you think you MIGHT be overreacting a TAD? It's been one preseason game. Relax.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Don't you think you MIGHT be overreacting a TAD? It's been one preseason game. Relax.

It's not a knee-jerk reaction.
Been festering since last preseason.
Even little things like not having a napkin dispenser at a lower level stand but instead a loose paper towel roll. Not sanitary and gross.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
FOOD QUALITY WAS NOT BETTER.

And please don't mistake Legends Service for the Yankees Legends service. Yankees Legends food service is 5 stars all the way around. Especially if your sitting in the Legends Seats at Yankee Stadium. Fresh Seafood, Amazing Sushi, Filet, TASTY burgers, Awesome desserts. Stuff that isn't junk etc.

The food tonight at the Devils game might've actually been WORSE than Aramark. IT WAS THAT Bad. Fries tasted like garbage and the burger was stale as hell.

No one who worked there had any idea how the built in food and beverage worked so i had to SHOW them myself, ME the Customer had to show the Employee how to scan a ticket for the credit. PATHETIC...
Granted it is a work in progress and only preseason but they better get their act together. There was one guy in the Goal Bar who was on top of things and on his game, I commend him. Appreciated his help....

Most of Legends Employees are returning Employees.

I doubt there were even that many fans. You could put everyone from the 200s and 100 Centers into 1/2 a section. Lowers were slightly better. Club had the fewest fans ever. During the intermission it's normally packed even on lightly attended days, it was like it was midnight at grand central today.

The Goal Horn when they took the Ice was louder than when the scored it seemed. Was very cool though, we got a good Philly Sucks in when the Devils scored.

As for food in the club, all the movable stands, sushi etc are gone not even available for purchase. What they had was exactly what City Grill has just your run of the mill crap.

Amazing how its going to cost $250 thru Ticketmaster to sit there opening day and ticketmaster tickets DO NOT come with $30 credit. Can't justify as a season ticket holder paying $186 ($30 credit) or $156 with no credit at all. That level of club is just right out the window.

The Restaurant Ledge was stripped of just about all it's wine from the shelves that are usually stocked to the top. Food selection in there tonight was very minimal.

Overall VERY VERY disappointing. That WILL NOT cater to the Premium Crowd. Hopefully the regular season yields different results.

Guess what...it doesn't even turn over to Legends for 2 weeks. So there's that. Maybe it's just as bad as Aramark because it's still Aramark? Some people love to complain and don't even take the time to get their **** straight.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
It's not a knee-jerk reaction.
Been festering since last preseason.
Even little things like not having a napkin dispenser at a lower level stand but instead a loose paper towel roll. Not sanitary and gross.

The Prudential Center had a minimum of 4 position changes to my knowledge this summer. It's not possible to take anything away from today because A people are new and B it's not fair to judge the first preseason game to normal expectations

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The Prudential Center had a minimum of 4 position changes to my knowledge this summer. It's not possible to take anything away from today because A people are new and B it's not fair to judge the first preseason game to normal expectations

People making judgments right now are ridiculous. They've implemented almost none of the changes so far, from the goal song to the new video technology to the Legends concessions. Everyone needs to relax and wait for opening night. After that, it's fair to make evaluations.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
People making judgments right now are ridiculous. They've implemented almost none of the changes so far, from the goal song to the new video technology to the Legends concessions. Everyone needs to relax and wait for opening night. After that, it's fair to make evaluations.

100% agree.. The complaining right now is as comical as going "That team we put out there was terrible! Clemmensen is not even an NHL starter and our 3rd line wouldn't qualify as a 4th line on any other team!".. It's all preseason, relax folks we're going to get through this.. I agree they left a lot to be desired, but I really don't care until 10/18

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Guess what...it doesn't even turn over to Legends for 2 weeks. So there's that. Maybe it's just as bad as Aramark because it's still Aramark? Some people love to complain and don't even take the time to get their **** straight.

You're wrong on that. The food came in Legends packaging. The chicken tenders were different and came with plain non-nathans fries. The arena brass promised people would see changes starting in July and everything would be different when hockey started. I was there in July and it was still the same old crap and last night was downright embarrassing. I get that it's the preseason but when the upper concourse looks like Market St. in 2007 with everything boarded up, closed, and dirty it leaves a bad impression. These new areas and stands should have been open and running so that they could get the bugs out. The home opener is gonna be a cluster****. I just don't get why they waited all summer to start working on this.

Also no score-o. It was replaced by some awful shoot into the empty net game that was run poorly. The music was never louder and my wife had to yell in my ear while it was playing so I could hear her. The in game hostess could shatter glass with her voice.

Also just to show nothing's changed on the administrative side of things despite having twice as many people working there, the fan club is supposed to have a discount offer for opening night. They were told the link would be up and running to buy tickets on September 1st. As of now it's still not up and there's no way to buy tickets whatsoever. The proceeds of their discount offers go to charity. The whole thing is a giant clown show.

I'm sorry, but this was the smallest pre-season crowd I've ever seen there. There may have been 150 people in the 200s combined. It was a good indicator of the season ticket holder base. If there are several whole sections up there empty, you know there aren't many season ticket holders there.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You're wrong on that. The food came in Legends packaging. The chicken tenders were different and came with plain non-nathans fries. The arena brass promised people would see changes starting in July and everything would be different when hockey started. I was there in July and it was still the same old crap and last night was downright embarrassing. I get that it's the preseason but when the upper concourse looks like Market St. in 2007 with everything boarded up, closed, and dirty it leaves a bad impression. These new areas and stands should have been open and running so that they could get the bugs out. The home opener is gonna be a cluster****. I just don't get why they waited all summer to start working on this.

Also no score-o. It was replaced by some awful shoot into the empty net game that was run poorly. The music was never louder and my wife had to yell in my ear while it was playing so I could hear her. The in game hostess could shatter glass with her voice.

Also just to show nothing's changed on the administrative side of things despite having twice as many people working there, the fan club is supposed to have a discount offer for opening night. They were told the link would be up and running to buy tickets on September 1st. As of now it's still not up and there's no way to buy tickets whatsoever. The proceeds of their discount offers go to charity. The whole thing is a giant clown show.

I'm sorry, but this was the smallest pre-season crowd I've ever seen there. There may have been 150 people in the 200s combined. It was a good indicator of the season ticket holder base. If there are several whole sections up there empty, you know there aren't many season ticket holders there.

Well said, fully agree on all of your points.

And yes, the food came in Legends packaging/box last night.

We've been getting a lot of false promises from this new regime about the gamenight experience.

It was much better under Jeff than these guys.

And can they please hire a painting crew to do a top notch professional job on the dirty/stained concourse walls?

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
You guys are really overreacting.

Btw, it was a Sunday night preseason game...who is going to a Sunday night preseason game? Come on.

Things take time, logistics take time, you can't just flip a switch. So hold your stuff. Changes are coming. The Legends boxes were there in August too, and who knows - what kind of infrastructure that's needed for the menu and so on and so forth.

It's a process. So chill out. They took a season and took stock of what was needed to be done, and they need and want to get it done. So give them a break. If by November things aren't different with no updates from the team, than start *****ing but until then, get a life and enjoy a hockey game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->