The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Pretty sure that Chabot didn't get any ice time because your hero Pierre Dorion decided to bring in Johnny Oduya instead.

Well... It was probably more due to the fact that Chabot was a 20 year old rookie defenceman in his first ever year of pro hockey and had a lot to learn very quickly... But sure, let's blame Oduya?

Reactions: coladin

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Well... It was probably more due to the fact that Chabot was a 20 year old rookie defenceman in his first ever year of pro hockey and had a lot to learn very quickly... But sure, let's blame Oduya?

Am I blaming Oduya? I am blaming Dorion for bringing in Oduya, but keep giving Dorion high fives now..

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
When we blame Melnyk for all Dorion's bad decisions and his spewing of bs and his treating the fan base like a bunch of kindergarten kids, should we not give Melnyk the credit if things go well even if we should not be planning any celebrations for achievements quite yet. Boucher who we faulted a lot last year does deserve some credit.

Reactions: coladin and DJB

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The EK trade is looking fantastic. If the results were reversed this early in the year PD would already have been buried. So, lets already give him some credit in coming up two instant impact players under horrible circumstances. Plus another previous first rounder playing in college, and a future first and second rounder to come at the very least. Loving the culture shift.
The Sens are a bubble team Rn how does that deserve kudos so early. We have a long way to go

Reactions: Icelevel

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The EK trade is looking fantastic. If the results were reversed this early in the year PD would already have been buried. So, lets already give him some credit in coming up two instant impact players under horrible circumstances. Plus another previous first rounder playing in college, and a future first and second rounder to come at the very least. Loving the culture shift.

I'm pleased with the results 6 games into the season.

That's as much as you're going to get out of me.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Even worse is he has the balls to come on tsn 1200 today and say that he hopes people come to the Game? Really? I thought no one was mad at you? I thought it was just a 'vocal minority'

Enough with being 'pesky' ... Being pesky is not good cause it means you are expected to be weak and u overachieve. That's not how you win a cup

October 15, 2018, 7:30 PM
Attendance: 12,358
Not terrible, considering there were the options of a MLB CS game, and a MNF game, for people to stay at home and watch instead.

About a year ago, on Tuesday October 17, 2017, the Sens vs Canucks game drew 13,430

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

All for what will turn out to be for a rental.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
When we blame Melnyk for all Dorion's bad decisions and his spewing of bs and his treating the fan base like a bunch of kindergarten kids, should we not give Melnyk the credit if things go well even if we should not be planning any celebrations for achievements quite yet. Boucher who we faulted a lot last year does deserve some credit.

Boucher I can give credit too. Whether it's all his doing, or there was pressure from above...changing style, working with the kids, getting some wins, it takes a lot of hard work and credit to him if he can maximise the positive on the ice.

Dorion I can only give credit to our drafting. The pipeline has always been pretty strong and he should get a lot for credit for that. I don't give him credit if the team wins a few games of even if it makes the playoffs. I have seen playoffs before. I want to see (through actions) the organisation actually following a plan and trying to build the team back-up properly. Until I see multiple seasons of progress I will be dubious about PDs ability to rebuild the team.

Melnyk I give no credit to. Cutting costs doesn't require any bravery.

Regardless, 31st in shots on goals is going to result in some ugly loses eventually.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Regardless, 31st in shots on goals is going to result in some ugly loses eventually.

Not if those shots are kept to the perimeter.

Shots don't tell the full picture. Looking where most shots are taken, are.

Contain the where, and Anderson stops those all day. Hes at his best facing heavy volumes of shots.

Much harder to stay focused, being a guy like Brodeur in his prime, getting as little as 10 shots in an entire game with his suffocatingly efficient defense.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Contain the where, and Anderson stops those all day. Hes at his best facing heavy volumes of shots.

How do you explain last season then? Seems to me, a lot of goals went in from places they shouldn't have with both of our goalies last year, and let's be honest here, Andy has only been good the past couple of games, he was pretty leaky in the other games he played. But, we can just blame those on EK, that's what the media and some fans seem to be doing.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I ease up on my hate on Dorion foot pedal for a bit.
The decisions and trades are still somewhat baffling but overall we should be fine.
Would love it if he could make sense when he speaks and started making good trades.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Am I blaming Oduya? I am blaming Dorion for bringing in Oduya, but keep giving Dorion high fives now..

You cannot feed a baby a steak. You care so much about Chabot's development, that , sure, let's throw him out there as a raw rookie. You can say Oduya may have been the wrong choice, but to say Chabot should have been given all those minutes is a terrible idea.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
You cannot feed a baby a steak. You care so much about Chabot's development, that , sure, let's throw him out there as a raw rookie. You can say Oduya may have been the wrong choice, but to say Chabot should have been given all those minutes is a terrible idea.

He never said Chabot should get all those minutes. Obviously with the power of hindsight it's easy to see that the Oduya signing was an unmitigated failure and that Chabot was ready for NHL action last season.

We've seen whats trusting the kids has brought us this season, we're just a year too late is all.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Max Lajoie certainty wasn't forced to "eat any steak". Too bad this GM and coach didn't figure out this "playing the kids" aspect a little sooner.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Max Lajoie certainty wasn't forced to "eat any steak". Too bad this GM and coach didn't figure out this "playing the kids" aspect a little sooner.

Lajoie is in his 2nd year pro. Chabot was in his first year pro last season.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
October 15, 2018, 7:30 PM
Attendance: 12,358
Not terrible, considering there were the options of a MLB CS game, and a MNF game, for people to stay at home and watch instead.

About a year ago, on Tuesday October 17, 2017, the Sens vs Canucks game drew 13,430

Also Leafs and Habs were on TV so you're not getting the casual other-team fans to help out with ticket sales.
Dorion should get someone to speak for him, business-like. This has been missing for the longest time.
No humour, just dry statements couched in maybes with no guarantees of anything. Safe, political talk on hockey.
Then, if things go wrong just shrug and point to randomness and so on.
Comms Officers can be had for 80-100K, just pony up and look better afterwards.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Sens also have the highest shooting percentage in the league at 13% which is in no way sustainable.

I don't know...they've scored a lot of their goals from right around the net and anything from further out has had a ton of screens involved. That to me is more indicative of a team that's efficient offensively rather than "lucky", so to say.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't know...they've scored a lot of their goals from right around the net and anything from further out has had a ton of screens involved. That to me is more indicative of a team that's efficient offensively rather than "lucky", so to say.

I get where you're coming from, and you're not entirely wrong either. That being said, you'd have to expect the scoring pace of some of (most of?) our guys to come down a bit here.

I mean, there's no way that guys like Tierney, Tkachuk, Chabot and Lajoie will continue to go (anywhere near) PPG. There's going to be a scoring regression and if we don't make defensive adjustments it's going to bite us in the rear.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He never said Chabot should get all those minutes. Obviously with the power of hindsight it's easy to see that the Oduya signing was an unmitigated failure and that Chabot was ready for NHL action last season.

We've seen whats trusting the kids has brought us this season, we're just a year too late is all.

He actually did. Blaming Chabot's lack of minutes due to Oduya being around.

Trusting kids has nothing to do with it

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

It is the "right" kid. Just because you are a kid doesn't automatically mean you get to play. You have to be good. Show something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad