TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread - PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
like Craig Anderson.

like Andy, Murray owes lots of his success to other goalies on the team getting him to a place where he can showcase himself. Bishop/Lehner carried the team to the playoffs one year, Condon another year. Good comparison

Reactions: Stylizer1

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Bunda,

The ATP..Association of Tennis professionals...for men only.
The WTA ..Women's Tennis Association...for women only.

The WTA was largely founded by Billie Jean king in 1973..it is why she is revered in women's sports and surfaces everywhere women's sports issues arise(Soccer, hockey, etc.). BJK is the Grand Dame of women sports. To be fair, Babe Didrikson Zaharias was the true Grand Dame, sadly she did not live long. (organized the LPGA in the 1940's, after she was a great Olympic champ in track and field in the 30's...maybe the greatest female athlete of all time..pitched in MLB exhibition games).

Each runs its own tour. Except the Grand slams and a few other tournaments that are shared. The ATP uses a Tennis ball that has a double covering to protect against the harder hitting men.

Osaka's issue is with the WTA and the Grand Slam organizers. I don't know who organizes the French Open, but if anything like the Tour de France, it is a private company. The TDF is the ASO (Amaury Sports organizations). It makes a small fortune running that race and others.

In the end, she has her sisters to blame for not backing her, and tournament organizers that appeared tone deaf.

Billie Jean, where are you? One of your sisters got hurt. The WTA should be down the French open organizers throats. The ATP should not have sat quietly either..Nadal and Federer and Auger-Aliassime who are ATP reps, should have spoken out...Shame! Canada's Dabrowski is on the WTA players council!!!

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Classic McGuire on TSN1200 this morning. When discussing the Scheifelle-Evans hit, it goes like this:

1. In a wishy-washy fashion stated that the hit was dirty.
2. When asked about whether he personally would suspend Scheifelle, he tried to weasel out of answering by saying he would have a hearing to understand what was in his mind.
3. When JR pressed him on it, asking "Why does it matter what he was thinking?", Pierre gets testy and just fires it back at him "What would you do?".
4. JR clearly responds that he'd suspend Scheifelle, to which Pierre says "Well, I'm not willing to judge a guy without talking to him."

Guy is such a weasel and coward.

I mean come on, take a stand and say what you think.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Classic McGuire on TSN1200 this morning. When discussing the Scheifelle-Evans hit, it goes like this:

2. When asked about whether he personally would suspend Scheifelle, he tried to weasel out of answering by saying he would have a hearing to understand what was in his mind.
3. When JR pressed him on it, asking "Why does it matter what he was thinking?", Pierre gets testy and just fires it back at him "What would you do?".
4. JR clearly responds that he'd suspend Scheifelle, to which Pierre says "Well, I'm not willing to judge a guy without talking to him."

Pierre might be afraid of his place at Tremblant being firebombed if he doesn't take the Habs side on this. :D

Reactions: Dionysus

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

What did he say on Montreal radio today? might shed some light on why he didn't answer.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
I can't get over how much the quality of the radio station has changed since Ian left.
I can't really get into any of the day time shows.
Used to like Lloyd but I unno these days he seems very smarter than thou, find it annoying and patronizing, his takes are not that good, they are bland. The only time the show is good is when Methot is on.
Simmer is probably the best of the full timers, but I have a hard time getting into the morning show. Prefer to listen to CBC Morning.
I like Jakubec and Versage individually and I appreciate that they know other sports more than any of the other guys but I unno the chemistry seems off. Also I can't stand listening to Dave Smart for his weekly hit doesn't seem like a very friendly guy.
Some people should have remained producers they don't add anything interesting to the sports talk.
Station needs way more diversity

I prefer to listen to talk during the day vs music and care about the local angle so it's all I can really listen to but its getting tough these days

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
I can't get over how much the quality of the radio station has changed since Ian left.
I can't really get into any of the day time shows.
Used to like Lloyd but I unno these days he seems very smarter than thou, find it annoying and patronizing, his takes are not that good, they are bland. The only time the show is good is when Methot is on.
Simmer is probably the best of the full timers, but I have a hard time getting into the morning show. Prefer to listen to CBC Morning.
I like Jakubec and Versage individually and I appreciate that they know other sports more than any of the other guys but I unno the chemistry seems off. Also I can't stand listening to Dave Smart for his weekly hit doesn't seem like a very friendly guy.
Some people should have remained producers they don't add anything interesting to the sports talk.
Station needs way more diversity

I prefer to listen to talk during the day vs music and care about the local angle so it's all I can really listen to but its getting tough these days

Agree about Lloyd. He seems to get more and more patronizing as time goes on, which is strange because he was a pretty vanilla guy before. Quickly becoming hard to listen to.

Also agree about Dave Smart. I think he's just close to AJ and Lee, but their style of banter comes across as extremely awkward on the radio.

Reactions: dmarc

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Going through the motions. Music is terrible. Overall production quality seems effortless. I like Leever and AJ but they shouldn't be on together. Leever Creech and Bunda or nothing imo. They seem so much better on the weekends because before those were arguably the best shows of the week. Losing Steve Warne changed the way the morning show flowed from a production stand point. He gave life to the show. Although Simmer is a better fit in the morning, the morning show is very bla. Ian leaving did the same for the drive. Now it seems like a bunch of guys who listen to the same music, watch the same sports, and have the same opinions. It's like one 12 hour show.

Reactions: dmarc

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
like Andy, Murray owes lots of his success to other goalies on the team getting him to a place where he can showcase himself. Bishop/Lehner carried the team to the playoffs one year, Condon another year. Good comparison

The year 'Bishop/Lehner carried the team to the playoffs' Anderson started half the games, and performed better than both posting a .941 sv% and a 1.69 GAA. Again with Condon, Anderson played half the games and outperformed him. We were fortunate to have goaltenders step up when he Anderson wasn't able to play but let's not pretend those goaltenders outplayed him becuase outside of the miracle run by Hammond, they didn't and Anderson is more responsible than any other goaltender for the success this team had.

Reactions: Deku

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The year 'Bishop/Lehner carried the team to the playoffs' Anderson started half the games, and performed better than both posting a .941 sv% and a 1.69 GAA. Again with Condon, Anderson played half the games and outperformed him. We were fortunate to have goaltenders step up when he Anderson wasn't able to play but let's not pretend those goaltenders outplayed him becuase outside of the miracle run by Hammond, they didn't and Anderson is more responsible than any other goaltender for the success this team had.

Just recognizing Andy had lots of help and the history of the team, there were 2 lighting in a bottle moments with Condon and Hammond, and of course Lehner/Bishop. Andy was a beast, but he had lots of help getting the team to the playoffs in 3 of the season they made it with him In Ottawa and he only made the playoffs 4 times

otown

Sep 4, 2009

You hit the nail on the head Funky! Today he comes out and says he thought he would get 3 or 4 games. Hindsight is 20/20!
Pierre has a certain arrogance about him and doesn't like to have his opinions questioned, especially when he is backed into a corner like JR did the other day. The constant name dropping and referring back to his "glorious coaching days" regularly is gag worthy!
If he is as credible a hockey guy as he professes to be, he would be working in somebody's front office now!

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA

He’s become even more of a tool and offers next to no new insight. I really hope he doesn’t wind up on either ESPN or TNT. That was one of the worst interviews I’ve heard him give recently. There is no original thought, not sure what bridges he’s trying to preserve as a freaking analyst

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Barbara Kay: Transgender weightlifter may expose the unfairness of trans athletes in Tokyo

every once in a while, something puts a huge smile on your face. For decades, we men were attacked as homophobic and as intolerant.

Now over the last 10 years, we have had our revenge...Transgenders and sports. Transgenders and bathrooms...It has been wonderful to sit back and watch. And watch women squirm.

And the beauty, they cannot blame us. OHH heaven. I almost wet my pants a few years ago when Martina Navratilova went at the transgender community. And they happily beat her down.

When Melissa Bishop, Canada's darling, finished 4th at Rio..It was a blast watching her being interviewed and Heeing and Hawing about Semenya. And then the media tour afterwards...and all the women being silent when the IAAF wanted to impose testosterone limits on Semenya and all the bitching that went on..so much so that Michael Johnson had to come to Semenya's defense.

Us bad men...you wonderful women.... It is going to be fantastic as we see more and more transgenders all over the female sports landscape...and bathrooms. And all we have to do is sit and watch.

My new favorite word: schadenfreude.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Barbara Kay: Transgender weightlifter may expose the unfairness of trans athletes in Tokyo

every once in a while, something puts a huge smile on your face. For decades, we men were attacked as homophobic and as intolerant.

Now over the last 10 years, we have had our revenge...Transgenders and sports. Transgenders and bathrooms...It has been wonderful to sit back and watch. And watch women squirm.

And the beauty, they cannot blame us. OHH heaven. I almost wet my pants a few years ago when Martina Navratilova went at the transgender community. And they happily beat her down.

When Melissa Bishop, Canada's darling, finished 4th at Rio..It was a blast watching her being interviewed and Heeing and Hawing about Semenya. And then the media tour afterwards...and all the women being silent when the IAAF wanted to impose testosterone limits on Semenya and all the bitching that went on..so much so that Michael Johnson had to come to Semenya's defense.

Us bad men...you wonderful women.... It is going to be fantastic as we see more and more transgenders all over the female sports landscape...and bathrooms. And all we have to do is sit and watch.

It should be simple. If you were born male you are only allowed to compete against males no matter what decisions you made later in life. Either that or Trans athletes should have to compete against other Trans athletes. I don't see what is wrong with having a 3rd category. Male, Female, Trans.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Yooo the only show thats listenable now is the morning show and maybe the weekend show. Everything else is so bland and boring.

They really need an influx of talent, preferably not another middle aged white dude talking about his lawn mower and Tom Brady again.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

This comes off terribly

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
It should be simple. If you were born male you are only allowed to compete against males no matter what decisions you made later in life. Either that or Trans athletes should have to compete against other Trans athletes. I don't see what is wrong with having a 3rd category. Male, Female, Trans.
why you intolerant, homophobic male...how dare you suggest such thing ...women should be made to suffer. They, the noble creatures....

Is there anything better than say a young women busting her behind to become an elite athlete in some sport, only to be knocked off by a trans-gendered female who is of marginal ability, but benefits from male genes...f***, DO I WANT TO SEE IT.

Can you imagine team Canada 2026. Young girls everywhere dreaming of Olympic success...only to be pushed out by 10-12 trans-gendered players.

TO ALL MEN. SHUT THE BLEEP UP ON THIS ONE..back trans athletes, back gender identity..let anyone take a piss in any bathroom they want. IT DOES NOT AFFECT US. All you Southerners, stop passing these anti transgender laws...Curt Schilling..be quiet.

Which do you want to see, Curt Schilling taking a beating, or Martina?????

We men just have to keep our mouths shut and stay out of this. Some women, trans-gendered to a man and wants to take a piss in a men's bathroom..in you go.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
why you intolerant, homophobic male...how dare you suggest such thing ...women should be made to suffer. They, the noble creatures....

Is there anything better than say a young women busting her behind to become an elite athlete in some sport, only to be knocked off by a trans-gendered female who is of marginal ability, but benefits from male genes...f***, DO I WANT TO SEE IT.

Can you imagine team Canada 2026. Young girls everywhere dreaming of Olympic success...only to be pushed out by 10-12 trans-gendered players.

TO ALL MEN. SHUT THE BLEEP UP ON THIS ONE..back trans athletes, back gender identity..let anyone take a piss in any bathroom they want. IT DOES NOT AFFECT US. All you Southerners, stop passing these anti transgender laws...Curt Schilling..be quiet.

We men just have to keep our mouths shut and stay out of this. Some women, trans-gendered to a man and wants to take a piss in a men's bathroom..in you go.
Why are you so weird?

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

This dude sure is having a normal one this Monday.

Arguing with himself about women.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yooo the only show thats listenable now is the morning show and maybe the weekend show. Everything else is so bland and boring.

They really need an influx of talent, preferably not another middle aged white dude talking about his lawn mower and Tom Brady again.

The only show I like is the morning show. I find it to have the strongest personalities.

Lloyd is smart but boring and Versage is just an insufferable contrarian who really struggles to add anything relevant to any discussion other than truckloads of salt.

I don't care about the weekend show because they spend too much time on boring fake macho stuff like MMA.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

You have really weird ways of starting a conversation.

Last edited:

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
The production values are so garbage in this station, I always have to blast the volume with this station whenever I have to go and listen to one of their interviews.

For example:

Ferraro: Nick Paul is the type of player whose NHL game can really benefit from the Gold medal

This interview is unlistenable, 2 minutes in and the subject being interviewed is having terrible cell connection issues and cutting in and out in their audio. any other station would have told Ferraro to hang up and try again.

I stopped listening to it 3 minutes in. Just absolute garbage quality control and production. Seen better at a community college radio station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad