AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
New thread - old thread hit 1000

1200px-TSN_1200_Ottawa.svg.png

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Last game broadcast coming up. Crazy season and the broadcast crews must be happy to go back to something more normal. Welcome to the broadcast Cheryl Pounder

Last edited:

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Both Barrels Simpson

OOOWWAAAHH

In the space of 20 minutes. A honest talk about his issues and then suggesting a possible offer sheet for Brady Tkachuk from the Rangers.

And it's only 7:30..

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Both Barrels Simpson

OOOWWAAAHH

In the space of 20 minutes. A honest talk about his issues and then suggesting a possible offer sheet for Brady Tkachuk from the Rangers.

And it's only 7:30..

Yeah, after the mess with Wilson, I'd say the Rangers are totally on board with getting someone exactly like Brady. And they have several good kids both on the roster and in the system to forfeit the draft picks required for an offer sheet.

The question is, does Brady want to play for them? The allure of NYC is hard to beat.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Does JR do his show 6 or 7 days a week now? Heard him on the air yesterday morning. I thought they just did syndication/sponsored shows on the weekends outside of game broadcasts.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Has to be Aliens...

Body snatchers. Some one/thing came down. Kidnapped Simmer and JR and replaced them by aliens..

No f***ing way, the two that I heard all morning long were those two...

Hard edged, honest, critical...they even criticized their own (The broadcast)..hard on players, on management of coaching.

OH MY GOD..can we have those aliens come back?? there are 6 more 1200 guys we need switched out, 3-4 print media to go.

My fear: I will wake up in a few moments and realize it was just a dream....NOT ONE ASS KISS..not even a little smooch....gave full credit to the Mann brothers!

You think it was that Chinese rocket that crashed down in the Indian Ocean?? Taken over by aliens...the timing is about right.

If Lloydie and whoever matches the morning guys...forget covid, our hospitals will be packed with us having heart attacks..

Reactions: otown

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Great to hear Simmer back. First and foremost to address his mental health concerns and to stress the importance of reaching out. Good on ya Simmer!
It sounds like JR has been a wonderful support and it shows in the on-air chemistry between these guys.
They have become a dynamic duo with excellent Sens analysis and frank opinions.
Really enjoying it!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Has to be Aliens...

Body snatchers. Some one/thing came down. Kidnapped Simmer and JR and replaced them by aliens..

No f***ing way, the two that I heard all morning long were those two...

Hard edged, honest, critical...they even criticized their own (The broadcast)..hard on players, on management of coaching.

OH MY GOD..can we have those aliens come back?? there are 6 more 1200 guys we need switched out, 3-4 print media to go.

My fear: I will wake up in a few moments and realize it was just a dream....NOT ONE ASS KISS..not even a little smooch....gave full credit to the Mann brothers!

You think it was that Chinese rocket that crashed down in the Indian Ocean?? Taken over by aliens...the timing is about right.

If Lloydie and whoever matches the morning guys...forget covid, our hospitals will be packed with us having heart attacks..
It's like you only write in twitter posts.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Glad for Simmer to be back and healthy.

Dont miss his doom and gloom hot takes though lol. Brady an offer sheet? Come on Simmer.

Reactions: gab6511

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What's funny is that their best on air host is a full time lawyer. This weekend I listen Offside and it sounded like a real sports radio show. No dead air, interesting topics, quick back and forth. That was a great duo along with Dustin Nielson. Great chemistry.

When TSN and 1310am play American shows the quality is so vastly different

Last edited:

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
What's funny is that their best on air host is a full time lawyer. This weekend I listen Offside and it sounded like a real sports radio show. No dead air, interesting topics, quick back and forth. That was a great duo along with Dustin Nielson. Great chemistry.

No way you could have been listening to that Lawyer the last 6-10 years. You would not have that view

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
No way you could have been listening to that Lawyer the last 6-10 years. You would not have that view
I don't care for some of his opinions but his preparedness, research, and topics are very good. I have listened to his show over the years and on TSN 690. He knows sports and could have easily been a journalist.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDebater

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Yeah, after the mess with Wilson, I'd say the Rangers are totally on board with getting someone exactly like Brady. And they have several good kids both on the roster and in the system to forfeit the draft picks required for an offer sheet.

The question is, does Brady want to play for them? The allure of NYC is hard to beat.
they have 26 million in cap space.
they have as much as 6 million in buyout and can bury 10 million in the minors.
that will free 40-42 million...that is serious coin to spend..
NYC is nice

The bruins..where the kid went to school and his girlfriend is from. About the same.

they make him a 5 year, 9 million a year offer. .. the Sens have to match.. if not; 2 firsts a second and a third...reasonable, if you assume a very high finish for either team.

if the Sens match. Do you really want a 9 million cap hit? The Sens may have to fend off 2-3 such moves. I can see this kid banking it..It's no wonder he is so nonchalant. I am guessing one way or the other, he knows 8-10 million a year is coming.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
I don't care for some of his opinions but his preparedness, research, and topics are very good. I have listened to his show over the years and on TSN 590. He knows sports and could have easily been a journalist.
So do about 100,000 people in Eastern Ontario. Be careful of hero worshiping. Opportunity and talent are different.

In the days when they would allow call in, almost inevitably, every 5th to 6th caller would wow you. And all of that with you having to get by the screeners and only the absurd was encouraged(hello Irish Tommie)... It preserved a fake image that the radio guys were some special creatures...BS.

listen to European radio..Talk Sport Live from England. Most callers are fantastic...They shy away form the Irish Tommie's and favor more articulate callers. Many are very impressive.

Again opportunity versus talent...go write a speech, and read it. Now have some VIP read it. Which do you think will get more audience and which will be praised more?..Even though, its your speech.

he does a 1 hour show, once a week. That is not enough time to prepare? he cannot run it by a dozen people who can give opinion and help edit?

I have come across guys who are an encyclopedia when it comes to sports. Give them opportunity and watch. Heck a few hundred guys here would do.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

I couldn't disagree more. That lawyer guy is hard to listen to. Forces shit. And American sports radio, to me, is so loud and filled with posturing. Trying to sound hard and cool.

I'll take small town Ottawa radio filled with goofy dad jokes over that shit anyday of the week.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Stylizer absolutely loves being told what to think which is pretty much EMac's style (and I don't dislike EMac but a lot of it is his sense of humour which is very different from the other hosts).

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
they have 26 million in cap space.
they have as much as 6 million in buyout and can bury 10 million in the minors.
that will free 40-42 million...that is serious coin to spend..
NYC is nice

The bruins..where the kid went to school and his girlfriend is from. About the same.

they make him a 5 year, 9 million a year offer. .. the Sens have to match.. if not; 2 firsts a second and a third...reasonable, if you assume a very high finish for either team.

if the Sens match. Do you really want a 9 million cap hit? The Sens may have to fend off 2-3 such moves. I can see this kid banking it..It's no wonder he is so nonchalant. I am guessing one way or the other, he knows 8-10 million a year is coming.

The sens can counter offer though which is why no one ever offer sheets players. Brady would actually have to sign the Rangers offer and If the Rangers offer sheet for 5x9 the sens could counter with something along the lines of 8x8 which is a way better deal for Brady.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So do about 100,000 people in Eastern Ontario. Be careful of hero worshiping. Opportunity and talent are different.

In the days when they would allow call in, almost inevitably, every 5th to 6th caller would wow you. And all of that with you having to get by the screeners and only the absurd was encouraged(hello Irish Tommie)... It preserved a fake image that the radio guys were some special creatures...BS.

listen to European radio..Talk Sport Live from England. Most callers are fantastic...They shy away form the Irish Tommie's and favor more articulate callers. Many are very impressive.

Again opportunity versus talent...go write a speech, and read it. Now have some VIP read it. Which do you think will get more audience and which will be praised more?..Even though, its your speech.

he does a 1 hour show, once a week. That is not enough time to prepare? he cannot run it by a dozen people who can give opinion and help edit?

I have come across guys who are an encyclopedia when it comes to sports. Give them opportunity and watch. Heck a few hundred guys here would do.
Well you do like to extrapolate so if Eric were to do a five day a week show he would probably win a nobel prize. :laugh:

And for call ins, the station has never given the public time to develop a knack for it. Over the last 20 years it happens so infrequently that when someone actually does get a shot they don't really have much to say. Also, I thinks it's more because the hosts don't like to have to defend their position on live radio. Having a vast knowledge of sports would help but...........

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Stylizer absolutely loves being told what to think which is pretty much EMac's style (and I don't dislike EMac but a lot of it is his sense of humour which is very different from the other hosts).
The funny thing is I don't use any social media for that very reason. Can you say the same? HFB is pretty much it if people even consider that social media.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
The sens can counter offer though which is why no one ever offer sheets players. Brady would actually have to sign the Rangers offer and If the Rangers offer sheet for 5x9 the sens could counter with something along the lines of 8x8 which is a way better deal for Brady.
is it?

5 x 9 = 45 only..but, he is 26 when over and can sign another 8 x X million with year one at 27 and ending at 34. Possibly an 8 x 9= 72. so total = 117
or
8 x 8 = 64. Yes, 19 million more...but it ends when he is 29...so his next contract starts when he is 30.. will there be a 5 x X waiting??? A 5 x 9..Boy I doubt it...even if yes, total is 109...

If he does not get 5 x X, if it is a series of 2 and 3 year contracts and at humble dollars, does option a) not make more sense?

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Well you do like to extrapolate so if Eric were to do a five day a week show he would probably win nobel prize. :laugh:

And for call ins, the station has never given the public time to develop a knack for it. Over the last 20 years it happens so infrequently that when someone actually does get a shot they don't really have much to say. Also, I thinks it's more because the hosts don't like to have to defend their position on live radio. Having a vast knowledge of sports would help but...........
no..he would recede into blahness, the same way that all the other hosts are.

Never allow an articulate caller in. They will upstage you and make you sound bad..The Irish Tommies are comical, good for the ratings and make the hosts seem like geniuses.

I am surprised at you Stylizer. I did not take you for a fan boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad