TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
JR was bringing it today in the last part of the morning show with contract projections, needs and financial prognosis for Sens players over the next few years.
Good analysis!

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
JR was bringing it today in the last part of the morning show with contract projections, needs and financial prognosis for Sens players over the next few years.
Good analysis!

Great analysis of the strength of this team going forward and what we should do to ensure it.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Good analysis!
JR has been on fire this season. He has been highly critical of management and the coaching staff, which is well-deserved and much needed in this market.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
JR has been on fire this season. He has been highly critical of management and the coaching staff, which is well-deserved and much needed in this market.

I'm not sure I'd say he's been highly critical.

He's called out the obvious but he's also said that, while we all thought that some of the roster decisions were stupid, the current play of the team is an indication that maybe DJ was right.

We'll never know for sure but maybe how they went about it, easing the young players in, was the right move. Maybe not playing JBD right away will make him better once he becomes a regular.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Brennan was calling Karlsson a bad pick and quoted some random guy at the draft for his article lol

Yup. Brennan called Karlsson a garbage pick and Stevenson belittled the Senators for picking a small soft Euro instead of the tough goal scoring winger on the 67s.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Yup. Brennan called Karlsson a garbage pick and Stevenson belittled the Senators for picking a small soft Euro instead of the tough goal scoring winger on the 67s.

He was actually vouching for Tyler Cuma over Karlsson.

The "tough goal scoring winger" over the "soft Euro" was when they picked Marian Hossa over Matt Zultek.

So 0/2 from Brennan :laugh:

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
He was actually vouching for Tyler Cuma over Karlsson.

The "tough goal scoring winger" over the "soft Euro" was when they picked Marian Hossa over Matt Zultek.

So 0/2 from Brennan :laugh:

Can't find the OG Zultek article, this is the closest I could find.

Reactions: Icelevel

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Note that Stevenson is the clown who dragged the Sens for picking Hossa instead of Matt Zultek. If he suggests doing something, I'd suggest doing the opposite. You know you're crap when the Ottawa Sun picked Garrioch and Brennan over him when they were cutting their hockey coverage.

What is more silly.

Someone who ended up being wrong more than 20 years ago or the person who won't let that go after more than 20 years?

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
Didn't get a chance to listen this morning, did JR say if Simmer will be returning Monday? I was talking to a friend who follows him on Twitter and said he's had some activity and post so that a good sign I would think.

Last edited:

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
SPORTS MEDIA..call it for what it is.

The Tom Wilson antics are MMA moves. The way he hit Buchnevich and pounded him from on top is MMA. The way he body slammed Panarin is MMA.

When Marchand flipped the Carolina player a few weeks ago, MMA. When Burrows got suspended for his Kneeing antics...MMA

NHL guys are spending their time training MMA...Someone is going to get very seriously hurt. Can you imagine 600-800 guys, 18-38 years old, powerful, strong athletes and training in MMA..On ice, with skates and sticks in hand!!!!

The league had better address this, or they risk a fatality!!! They need an MMA expert to monitor all fights, scuffles..if he sees an MMA move, boom; instant suspension...and harsh.

Panarin came within an inch of having his skull cracked open..as did the poor bastard who Marchand slammed.

Sports media, call it for what it is. Not simply goon antics that should get a guy a game or two..but a bigger issue. How long it will be before Junior players, and U16 on down start doing the same. MMA gyms are a dime a dozen. Do we want some 15 year old to crack the skull of another in MMA style.

Reactions: Icelevel

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Regarding the Tom Wilson antics, totally bush league. A 5k fine is chump change for these guys!
After watching the replay everyone can consider themselves extremely fortunate they didn't get sliced by an errant skate blade, which are razor sharp!

Reactions: ThreeMs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad