TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
McGuire said he expects Éric Macramela to be présent in his radio segments in May.

Sure sounds like Simmer is done at TSN1200. I hope he's ok or that we don't find out he is a horrible person who did something awful.... No tweets from him since April 11th which, based on what I can understand about Twitter timelines, very unusual.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
McGuire said he expects Éric Macramela to be présent in his radio segments in May.

Sure sounds like Simmer is done at TSN1200. I hope he's ok or that we don't find out he is a horrible person who did something awful.... No tweets from him since April 11th which, based on what I can understand about Twitter timelines, very unusual.
Hope he's not done as you suspect.

Have always enjoyed Simpson, and the morning show with him and JR is really the best thing on the station.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020

or maybe his contacts in the NHL bore fruit and he has or is in the process of landing a job in the league, or in media associated with the league in some other market.

Reactions: BarberPole9

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Is his disappearance on the heels of that Tweet about working in TV?

I don't listened to 1200 much anymore so no idea what is going on...did he just disappear off the airwaves?

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Is his disappearance on the heels of that Tweet about working in TV?

I don't listened to 1200 much anymore so no idea what is going on...did he just disappear off the airwaves?

I thought I heard him on a pre-game/post-game show (which is really all I listen to on 1200 anymore) recently. Perhaps mistaken?

I've never been a fan of his on the radio, but I do hope things are going well for him, and any change is welcome and positive.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I thought I heard him on a pre-game/post-game show (which is really all I listen to on 1200 anymore) recently. Perhaps mistaken?

I've never been a fan of his on the radio, but I do hope things are going well for him, and any change is welcome and positive.
He did pre-game/post-game of the game on Saturday April 10th, I think.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

He's still liking posts on Twitter though.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hope he's not done as you suspect.

Have always enjoyed Simpson, and the morning show with him and JR is really the best thing on the station.

I absolutely love listening the guy. I really, really hope he is sticking around.

Although him getting an NHL job would be great for him so if he does leave, I hope it is for greener pastures.

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
He's still liking posts on Twitter though.
That's a good sign is he liking the ones about being missed? It is odd he took a week off sick last month and now two weeks. Maybe he had covid last time and gave it to a family member he's taking care of. Or last week he went on a trip out of the country and is quarantining this week. Whatever is the issues I hope he and his family are well.

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
I'm not on Twitter so I can't message him but we know Ian checks the board so, please Ian, tell Simmer we love him and wish him well :)
I don't follow Shawn on Twitter, I do wish him well and strength at this time. You never want to see anyone struggling.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCK

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
So I guess now you see how bad it was constantly commenting negatively on the guy.
I see I was naive to believe all his boasting I believed his illusion and the way he presented his life and judged others. Honestly hope everything works out for him and his family.

Attachments

• b06cbd55bcc34d76bee6b5ddbd5ad9bf--funny-inspirational-sayings-inspirational-posters.jpg
    b06cbd55bcc34d76bee6b5ddbd5ad9bf--funny-inspirational-sayings-inspirational-posters.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: coladin

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I see I was naive to believe all his boasting I believed his illusion and the way he presented his life and judged others. Honestly hope everything works out for him and his family.

I appreciate that. I think it is a good life lesson that you can apply moving forward. We are always learning

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Boasting? That's interesting. I've never thought of him as a boastful guy. He was pretty open about his circumstances

Reactions: BarberPole9

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
Boasting? That's interesting. I've never thought of him as a boastful guy. He was pretty open about his circumstances[/
Really I think he boasts a lot about all the free swag he always gets the free meals how he knows so and so and everybody's a good buddy. But now I understand it sometimes you have to hide behind a facade

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I never perceived Shawn as boasting but I think I can see how someone might see it as boasting.

All I'll say about it is that the only thing 99% of us here know is what we hear on the radio. These people had lives before radio and they have lives when they aren't on the radio too.

Reactions: Icelevel

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I never found he boasted at all...he was open about his life and life's circumstances and used to have a far more lucrative career. His south rockcliffe estate is an apartment in vanier. He pokes fun at himself

20 years in the league plus being a player prior to, you meet a lot of people along the way.

I appreciate people like Simmer being involved in the media, they provide a perspective that "regular" media simply don't have

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
I never perceived Shawn as boasting but I think I can see how someone might see it as boasting.

All I'll say about it is that the only thing 99% of us here know is what we hear on the radio. These people had lives before radio and they have lives when they aren't on the radio too.

I agree with you we don't know what Simmer is like when he's not on the radio or even at stations events. However, IMO he does try to make himself seem better than the rest. Good on him for getting help and for his and his family sake I wish him much health and happiness.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Hasn't he battled addictions in the past?

I dont want to assume things, but im an addict myself. One thing they tell you when you're an addict is not to isolate. A lot of people depend on meetings, gatherings and just being with other people to maintain their sobriety.

These never ending lockdowns have been and extra level of brutal for addicts everywhere and there certainly seems to be a larger percentage of relapse going on.

Not sure if that's what up with Simpson, but if it is he's doing the absolute right thing by taking time to figure shit out and I wish him all the best.

Edit

If anyone here is struggling with their addictions and feeling isolated because of all this craziness, feel free to send me a message if you need someone to talk to.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I agree with you we don't know what Simmer is like when he's not on the radio or even at stations events. However, IMO he does try to make himself seem better than the rest. Good on him for getting help and for his and his family sake I wish him much health and happiness.
so what ? it doesn't matter to most of us. We all have our own lives and if he chooses to portray his life with grandeur its up to him. who cares?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad