TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
The league had better address this, or they risk a fatality!!! They need an MMA expert to monitor all fights, scuffles..if he sees an MMA move, boom; instant suspension...and harsh.

You do know that punching someone in the face is an MMA move, right?

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
There is only one way to resolve this: a parking lot rumble with all people that think it was dirty and he should be suspended vs all those who think it was a hockey fight.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
I am the only one who can't listen to AJ on anything other than the post game show? On the post game he's calm and a good host, but on the drive he just spends 4 hours yelling his opinion at the listeners. Today he says he doesn't want to hear about those "crying" about Tom Wilson. Zero self-awareness, considering his constant meltdowns on air. When he knows people disagree with him, he'll preempt any critique by saying he simply won't read any listener texts. It's exhausting listening to him.

Like I said, he's good on the post game though.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
SPORTS MEDIA..call it for what it is.

The Tom Wilson antics are MMA moves. The way he hit Buchnevich and pounded him from on top is MMA. The way he body slammed Panarin is MMA.

When Marchand flipped the Carolina player a few weeks ago, MMA. When Burrows got suspended for his Kneeing antics...MMA

NHL guys are spending their time training MMA...Someone is going to get very seriously hurt. Can you imagine 600-800 guys, 18-38 years old, powerful, strong athletes and training in MMA..On ice, with skates and sticks in hand!!!!

The league had better address this, or they risk a fatality!!! They need an MMA expert to monitor all fights, scuffles..if he sees an MMA move, boom; instant suspension...and harsh.

Panarin came within an inch of having his skull cracked open..as did the poor bastard who Marchand slammed.

Sports media, call it for what it is. Not simply goon antics that should get a guy a game or two..but a bigger issue. How long it will be before Junior players, and U16 on down start doing the same. MMA gyms are a dime a dozen. Do we want some 15 year old to crack the skull of another in MMA style.
Really?

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I love AJ, he’s the best.
He is stressful to listen to. He needs to work out his issues. His anger is toxic and constantly seems to be simmering just under the surface. Irrational angry takes and absolutely bizarre sanctimonious rants. He's the kind of person that you sigh when they walk in the room and you avoid talking to because they're never happy and want to drag the rest of the world into their misery.

No thank you. If he's on the radio, I listen to music instead.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
SPORTS MEDIA..call it for what it is.

The Tom Wilson antics are MMA moves. The way he hit Buchnevich and pounded him from on top is MMA. The way he body slammed Panarin is MMA.

When Marchand flipped the Carolina player a few weeks ago, MMA. When Burrows got suspended for his Kneeing antics...MMA

NHL guys are spending their time training MMA...Someone is going to get very seriously hurt. Can you imagine 600-800 guys, 18-38 years old, powerful, strong athletes and training in MMA..On ice, with skates and sticks in hand!!!!

Panarin came within an inch of having his skull cracked open..as did the poor bastard who Marchand slammed.

Sports media, call it for what it is. Not simply goon antics that should get a guy a game or two..but a bigger issue. How long it will be before Junior players, and U16 on down start doing the same. MMA gyms are a dime a dozen. Do we want some 15 year old to crack the skull of another in MMA style.

You know...if they were to invent a new ice sport that's like that, with a bit of hockey and roller derby thrown in...I'd watch it.

They'd have to have some seriously high insurance and an iron tight contract to protect the league when someone does suffer a catastrophic injury or death, but it would definitely bring in a lot of viewers.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He is stressful to listen to. He needs to work out his issues. His anger is toxic and constantly seems to be simmering just under the surface. Irrational angry takes and absolutely bizarre sanctimonious rants. He's the kind of person that you sigh when they walk in the room and you avoid talking to because they're never happy and want to drag the rest of the world into their misery.

Good for you. Not listening to things you don’t like is a healthy response. I love listening to AJ but choose alternatives when Steve Lloyd is on air.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Good for you. Not listening to things you don’t like is a healthy response. I love listening to AJ but choose alternatives when Steve Lloyd is on air.

I’m a fan of AJ as well, change the channel with Lloyd usually.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I dont mind AJ. The station as a whole generally is unlistenable though imo. Its very college radio. Very amateur feel. Dont really feel like I ever learn anything listening to most hosts.

Steve Lloyd makes me turn it off though if i happen to be listening. Just something about that dude. He tries way too hard to fit in with the 'jocks' or something. His vibe is just off.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008

Odd take but whatever. AJ is awesome

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
Don't really know how some of them stuck and stay on the air. Very amateurish...

Lee Versage - speech impediment and thought impediments

Steve Lloyd - too much personal information that no one cares about...ex...Wilson's dogs, Whitey's sweaters, the on air schedules of colleagues, favorite marvel movies and tv shows...ugh

AJ - what is he having for supper again and his ranting and the way he long pauses in between each thought and buying time with uh uh uh uh

Creech - nice guy but his takes are lame

only guys that i like are Simmer - Rodenburg and Macromella currently...

Methot is great as guest

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
You do know that punching someone in the face is an MMA move, right?
come one, you know the difference.

I had a friend who trained Judo for years. We were jostling around. His training kicked in and he flipped me. Luckily we were in a park on grass and he was careful enough. A similar situation, in anger and on concrete, I would have been hospitalized.

I really believe that we are 1-2 years away from a real serious issue. Two guys standing there throwing haymakers at each other, with helmets and facemaks on, so that the odds of a clean hit to the face is minor..is way different than a judo flip and the 2-3 close range MMA moves that can seriously injure a person.

You cannot even turtle!!!!!!!!!!! If you turtle, more MMA stuff. The other guy can put you into 2-3 submission holds that are deadly. You want some idiot to use chock holds.

Now think of this with 14-19 year olds.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Yikes. Just realized I was thinking of Lee Versage. Not AJ. Whoops.

Reactions: Icelevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad