The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
My co worker calculated the times that Steve Lloyd John rodenburg and Shawn Simpson go off topic and don’t talk sports and it was roughly have there shows where they talk about stupid stuff that nobody cares about like weather, commutes, food, and other stupid and waste of air time stuff.
What was the official number for times where Lloydie, JR, and Simmer went off track?

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
What's with your dislike of people using the guys most used names? I rarely hear Lloydie get called "Steve" on air, its Lloydie... Same with JR. Same with Simmer. Same with Creech.
It’s a work place and a professional place which means we use people’s proper names. It’s about sounding professional

ianmendes

Dec 15, 2016
I see you avoided the question.

I have to admit, seeing you get bent out of shape over sports radio is almost as engaging as listening to Simmer go a tangent.

It’s a work place and a professional place which means we use people’s proper names. It’s about sounding professional

The thing you have to realize about Hockey2424 is that he's a person who e-mails me at the radio station -- repeatedly complaining about the use of nicknames on talk radio. Last week alone, I received 4 notes from him nitpicking my work and word usage. He complained that I referred to Mark Borowiecki as "Boro" last week.

Several weeks ago, he crossed a line with me and I told him very politely that I was done responding to his e-mails and asked for him to not e-mail me again. He has probably e-mailed me 30-40 times since -- each time nitpicking me on the use of nicknames. I won't engage with him again and that's too bad because I was willing to have a productive conversation with him, but he declined to meet in person every single time. So we're done there.

If anybody wants to hit me up with legit concerns with the station, you know where to find me. But this one-person crusade against nicknames is a little too tiresome for all of us on this thread.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The thing you have to realize about Hockey2424 is that he's a person who e-mails me at the radio station -- repeatedly complaining about the use of nicknames on talk radio. Last week alone, I received 4 notes from him nitpicking my work and word usage. He complained that I referred to Mark Borowiecki as "Boro" last week.

Several weeks ago, he crossed a line with me and I told him very politely that I was done responding to his e-mails and asked for him to not e-mail me again. He has probably e-mailed me 30-40 times since -- each time nitpicking me on the use of nicknames. I won't engage with him again and that's too bad because I was willing to have a productive conversation with him, but he declined to meet in person every single time. So we're done there.

If anybody wants to hit me up with legit concerns with the station, you know where to find me. But this one-person crusade against nicknames is a little too tiresome for all of us on this thread.

The things some people chose to be bothered by bewilders me.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

If Hockey2424 really had an issue with nicknames he'd use his real name on here.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Sometimes the ignore option is a good one. Everyone know where to find it?

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018

Thanks for always taking the time to come in here and interact with your listeners, Panda. You, Creech, Lloydie, Whitey, Simmer, Leever, DoniB and all the others down at the station do a bang-up job as far as I'm concerned. Thanks.

ianmendes

Dec 15, 2016
This is indeed one the strangest threads in this forum. Can't be easy being a public figure with all this nitpicky scrutiny.

The nitpicky scrutiny isn't a problem at all. It's part of the deal when you've got a media platform and you have to be ready to be scrutinized. However, the constant nitpicking on the same topic from the same individual becomes tiresome.

His point has been made to me at least 200 times via text/e-mail over the years-- and that might be a low estimate from me. I've politely asked him to move on -- his point has been conveyed to us. I've told him this isn't a significant issue for a notable percentage of our listeners, so we're not going to change the way we speak to appease a single listener. It doesn't stop him. He constantly e-mails my personal account and demands that I stop using a nickname when referring to an athlete or colleague.

When it comes to our radio station, there are definitely some issues that are "ours" and some issues that are "yours". This is a "you" issue for Hockey2424 and I'm unable to solve it to his satisfaction.

I have no problems with him coming back with constructive criticism about my work on the station or any articles that I write for TSN.ca. But I suspect he'll be back on my case if I make a Pasta-related joke with the Pastrnak and the Bruins in town tonight....

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

This made my day, imagine complaining about the use of nicknames, idiocracy is just running rampant, what a time to be alive!

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

It’s like a really unsexy remake of “Play Misty for Me”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia