The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Yeah this whole Anderson trade proposals suddenly started by the media is kind of strange. Knowing the Sens I wouldn't be surprised if they threw that idea out there to the media to gauge the pontial reaction from the fanbase.

Reactions: Stylizer1

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
What's the general opinion here of Lee Versage??

I personally can't stand him. When fills in on the drive with Ian Mendes, he literally takes over the whole show with his ridiculous takes, and standoff-ish radio persona.

I'm not sure if he's just trying to be funny with his radio colleagues, but it's insufferable to listen to. Normally I just swap to Rebel when I tune in and Versage is running his mouth on something.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
JR is stupid today. This whole Anderson angle he created today is ridiculous. Brian Elliot in Ottawa? Oh, that will go over well.

Wasn't it Stefan Elliot they were talking about?
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Yeah this whole Anderson trade proposals suddenly started by the media is kind of strange. Knowing the Sens I wouldn't be surprised if they threw that idea out there to the media to gauge the pontial reaction from the fanbase.
At least they were actually talking about sports for a change. Plus, the segment lasted longer than the usual 4-5 minutes of nothing, so in my opinion, it was worth it. As usual though, Steve Warne provided nothing to the conversation.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I really don't see an issue with his take from this morning.

I think it absolutely makes sense to trade Andy, and the circumstances are completely different than moving Karlsson, Duchene, Stone. Andy also asked to be moved and is 37 years old, not like we would be trading him in his prime like we did with EK and will with the other 2.

If the talking point was to create reaction, they have the desired effect.

It makes no sense to do so without a 1st round lottery pick. Our defence needs a veteran goalie. Elliot is gross and has not been missed .

Reactions: topshelf15

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

It makes no sense to do so without a 1st round lottery pick. Our defence needs a veteran goalie. Elliot is gross and has not been missed .
If you could somehow get a second rounder in that deal do it.

Reactions: BatherSeason

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Anderson created the reaction himself when his trade request was made public.

I guess I am alone here, but I really saw nothing wrong with the discussion this morning. Now, I only heard them discuss it in the 7:00 hour, so if it was brought up multiple times, then I guess I see the issue.

Not a popular opinion, and I know I am in the minority, but I really don't think Anderson has been all that great this year, though he has been better than last year, and even though I am not a huge fan of Brian Elliott's, I really don't think Andy is much better . If they can cash in and acquire futures, then why not? I really don't think the minor downgrade to Elliott will help or hurt our chances at finishing in the bottom 5, the putrid D that Pierre Dorion has put together will ensure that no matter who is in nets.

Man, all this drama surrounding the guy who hates drama. Can't blame Erik Karlsson this time, who's fault is this?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Funny how some people have zero problem with a discussion surrounding trading a 28 year old generation defenceman, while ripping apart his game, practice habits, and even take personal shots at the guy, yet when we talk about trading our overpaid, very average veteran goaltender,people get very upset. Strange world we live in.

Craig Anderson also asked for a trade outta here.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I guess I am alone here, but I really saw nothing wrong with the discussion this morning. Now, I only heard them discuss it in the 7:00 hour, so if it was brought up multiple times, then I guess I see the issue.

Not a popular opinion, and I know I am in the minority, but I really don't think Anderson has been all that great this year, though he has been better than last year, and even though I am not a huge fan of Brian Elliott's, I really don't think Andy is much better . If they can cash in and acquire futures, then why not? I really don't think the minor downgrade to Elliott will help or hurt our chances at finishing in the bottom 5, the putrid D that Pierre Dorion has put together will ensure that no matter who is in nets.

Man, all this drama surrounding the guy who hates drama. Can't blame Erik Karlsson this time, who's fault is this?

I am all for discussion, I just think it was idiotic, but like I stated earlier, it got people talking so mission accomplished.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I 100% agree with you on this. Anderson has had some really good games, but overall has left a lot to be desired. If we could get a 2nd round pick in a deal like that I would do it in a heartbeat.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I 100% agree with you on this. Anderson has had some really good games, but overall has left a lot to be desired. If we could get a 2nd round pick in a deal like that I would do it in a heartbeat.
Dealing Anderson for a 2nd would be great except.... who plays in nets for the next 1.5 years?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

I too expect bottom 5 finishes for the foreseeable future with or without Andy, If there is anything tangible to be gained by trading him ASAP I'm all for it. If we had a normally operated and run team I could understand wanting to keep some sort of respectability and veteran presence around, our owner blew through those "normal and respectable"stop signs many years ago so yeah may as well continue to go off script, against tradition and logic, hey at some point it may work out right?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Ottawa acquiring a #1 goalie needs to be the priority for the near future of this team but I don't think that Elliott is the long term answer. It might help as a transition until one of the org's goalies are ready for #1 duties in a yr or two. I do think that this is the yr they should move Anderson, IMO his value should or could be at it's highest closest to the deadline & at his age it makes no sense to re-sign him. Unless of course they want him to be a backup for a yr or two to one of the goalies they have in the org & maybe have Anderson as a goalie coach after he retires. Who knows?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Dealing Anderson for a 2nd would be great except.... who plays in nets for the next 1.5 years?
(we may actually have to sign a FA to bridge the gap for the next couple of years).

Ottawa acquiring a #1 goalie needs to be the priority for the near future of this team but I don't think that Elliott is the long term answer.
Nobody has ever said that Elliott is the long term answer. He would play out his contract, which expires at the end of this season.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
(we may actually have to sign a FA to bridge the gap for the next couple of years).

Nobody has ever said that Elliott is the long term answer. He would play out his contract, which expires at the end of this season.

Anyway we can insert an underprepared overmatched rookie on the cheap , as is tradition?

Reactions: stempniaksen

Silex

Jan 22, 2009
Ottawa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad