The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsn1200lady

Apr 6, 2015
Henry Burris

I'm surprised as much as Burris has been on CTV and filling in on other Bell Media radio shows that he hasn't done more TSN1200. Maybe he doesn't want to just talk sports but you think he could do some fill in. Guess though TV is probably more his future then radio, he was great on CTV this morning. AJ is pretty good on the man panel too.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'm surprised as much as Burris has been on CTV and filling in on other Bell Media radio shows that he hasn't done more TSN1200. Maybe he doesn't want to just talk sports but you think he could do some fill in. Guess though TV is probably more his future then radio, he was great on CTV this morning. AJ is pretty good on the man panel too.

I know it's the offseason but I guess an active CFL starting QB shouldn't really be doing semi-regular fill-in spots. But I do agree the man has a talent for it. Fingers crossed he stays in this market and he is a regular contributor to Ottawa media once retired.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I know it's the offseason but I guess an active CFL starting QB shouldn't really be doing semi-regular fill-in spots. But I do agree the man has a talent for it. Fingers crossed he stays in this market and he is a regular contributor to Ottawa media once retired.
Maybe he can take Simmers job. ;)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
If Simmer left we'd have to find a new tsn whipping boy like we have to find a new one on the Sens will Cowen gone. :nod:

I would say that probably 90% of the station's hosts could become the next whipping boy since they are all so bad.

I don't even think Simmer is the worst anymore (but it is very close). Steve Warne/TGOR has taken that torch from Simmer, not by Simmer getting any better, but by TGOR consistently getting worse. Honestly one of the worst sports radio shows ever produced. Steve's childish hate-on for the Leafs has become quite repetitive and juvenile.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Heard Randy Lee on the radio today talking about our prospects. Trying to hype up guys like Stortini and Fraser when asked about eho the fans could look forward to seeing tomorrow.

Also was asked about Rupert and Bailey and all he could say was they will have opportunity here. Didn't mention a single thing about what kind of players they are.

Dissapointing interview from him.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Anyone on the station try to breakdown Dave Cameron's horrible PK?? Or even wonder what DC is trying to do on the PK?

I am assuming the didn't, probably more excited about talking about Brad Fritsch's journey on the Web.com tour.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Anyone on the station try to breakdown Dave Cameron's horrible PK?? Or even wonder what DC is trying to do on the PK?

I am assuming the didn't, probably more excited about talking about Brad Fritsch's journey on the Web.com tour.

not a Sens fan but just came here to have a laugh that Fritsch just tweeted out a picture of this post :laugh:

Since I know you'll see this post now. I'm rooting for you Brad :handclap:

Last edited:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
not a Sens fan but just came here to have a laugh that Fritsch just tweeted out a picture of this post :laugh:

Since I know you'll see this post now. I'm rooting for you Brad :handclap:

Awesome! I am a celebrity!

I have no problem hearing from Fritsch, he is actually quite a good interview. I was just pointing out an example of something they discuss instead of maybe questioning something DC does and it just so happens that the Fritsch interview was the last thing I heard today...lol

Cmon Brad! Even you must be questioning the coach and maybe wondering why none of our local media ever call him out on any of his silly decisions!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Maybe we can get Fritsch to call in to 1200 and ask the guys about our PK.

Kill two birds with one stone. :laugh:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Burris could be the offensive coordinator for Harris when he takes over the QB duties.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Am I the only one who wants to take a hammer to the radio when they keep repeating that, "Call us if you've gone broke" ad? My God, do they have no other advertisers? Have personal bankruptcies become an epidemic in Ottawa? It almost makes me miss the hearing aid woman on TV with the helmet hair...

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Surprised to hear that Mark Sutcliffe was let go from CFRA today.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Wow, you can say that again. Seemed like he was owning the morning show after Madely retired.

Sad - we get good talent to listen to and they are axed. We get Team 1220 to listen to and they all get to stay. Different station I know, but Sutcliffe's intro time was one I preferred to TGOR's last one any day.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Sad - we get good talent to listen to and they are axed. We get Team 1220 to listen to and they all get to stay. Different station I know, but Sutcliffe's intro time was one I preferred to TGOR's last one any day.

Mark Sutcliffe being let go is sad and CFRA is losing an excellent host and interviewer.

But saying TSN 1200 has no good talent is complete and utter ********.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Surprised to hear that Mark Sutcliffe was let go from CFRA today.

That is a shock! He was an objective unbiased journalist and probably not right wing enough compared to some of the other hosts. I'm sure there is a story behind the story. Lots of respect for this guy!!

tsn1200lady

Apr 6, 2015
That is a shock! He was an objective unbiased journalist and probably not right wing enough compared to some of the other hosts. I'm sure there is a story behind the story. Lots of respect for this guy!!

Very sad, I know Bell Media and the Sun\Citizen are having issues in the modern media age but they are losing some good people and keeping the wrong ones. I'm actually surprised TSN1200 hasn't been hit by layoffs. I was surprised SportsNet in TO let go Greg Brady, bad time to be in the media.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Absolutely shocked to see Mark Sutcliffe was fired.

He was an excellent journalist and radio host. Always level-headed, always insightful discussion, and he is great at isolating the core issues in a complex manner.

I'm sure someone else will make better use of his talents in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad