The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Steve Warne is an embarrassment - especially when real news, stories and opinions are being discussed. He cant keep up. He can barely keep up with what's going on with the Sens and RedBlacks. There are probably dozens of people who post on here who are more up to speed with our local pro sports orgs and the goings on of our city. He's an extremely weak link.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Steve Warne is an embarrassment - especially when real news, stories and opinions are being discussed. He cant keep up. He can barely keep up with what's going on with the Sens and RedBlacks. There are probably dozens of people who post on here who are more up to speed with our local pro sports orgs and the goings on of our city. He's an extremely weak link.

An extremely weak link in a group of many weak links

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Warne is awful, I agree. I can say that about just about anyone on TSN 1200 though. I like Mendes but I can feel Simpson sucking the life out of him on a daily basis while he has to stoop down to his level consistently.

Warne's "I'm such a manly man" shtick is so tired. He just comes off as intentionally ignorant and not masculine. I imagine being married to him would be a nightmare and a lot of work.

Perjong

Oct 1, 2013
They all excel when they aren't talking about sports. That is when they become interesting.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Warne is awful, I agree. I can say that about just about anyone on TSN 1200 though. I like Mendes but I can feel Simpson sucking the life out of him on a daily basis while he has to stoop down to his level consistently.

Warne's "I'm such a manly man" shtick is so tired. He just comes off as intentionally ignorant and not masculine. I imagine being married to him would be a nightmare and a lot of work.
I think that is a little much. He seems like a pretty nice guy.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
You want to hear real criticisms? Listen to TSN 690 after another loss.

TSN 1200 could learn a thing about keeping it real.

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014

I'm not sure about the awful part, but there is a sense of laziness and lack of commitment to the details of the job. Both he and JR have become increasingly complacent and rely far too heavily on radio show gimmicks.
Luckily for them, this city is far too permissive and steeped in mediocrity to demand any degree of accountability, so likely nothing will change.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Steve Warne is basically Tim Allen on Home Improvement. Except he can't build things.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Not sure that there is a worse hour of radio than the 7-8 on TGOR.

Yes, I get it, its morning radio, but the banter on every other station is much better than TGOR and the banter on every station is horrible.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
690 Montreal is a refreshing alternative...even if you don't like the habs.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
690 Montreal is a refreshing alternative...even if you don't like the habs.

Very refreshing! Also nice that they have a wide-array of guests on every show. Very nice to hear actual NFL Insiders instead of good ole for Rough Rider Duke. Not sure what happened to all of the NFL guys they used to bring on the different shows.

tsn1200lady

Apr 6, 2015
Drive today

Normally love AJ but man was he and Simmer painful today, guessing it might be like Cowan last night he was prepared to play and got put in at the last minute when Panda became ill. I mean he's been on with Simmer what twice the past week or so and both time we had to hear about how much Simmer loves AJ's beard and the story of the beard and the girl friend. I know you could only talk so long about the many issues of the Sens but there had to be something else to talk about.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Normally love AJ but man was he and Simmer painful today, guessing it might be like Cowan last night he was prepared to play and got put in at the last minute when Panda became ill. I mean he's been on with Simmer what twice the past week or so and both time we had to hear about how much Simmer loves AJ's beard and the story of the beard and the girl friend. I know you could only talk so long about the many issues of the Sens but there had to be something else to talk about.
You should text Simmer and give him some ideas.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I laughed so hard yesterday when simmer was talking about Cowen and he was like why is he even in the team xD

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Kulka in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Former Ottawa Rough Rider, professional wrestler and sports radio host Glenn Kulka pleaded guilty to assault Wednesday, admitting he grabbed a Stittsville spa owner by the throat and tossed him to the floor.
Court heard Kulka had gotten into a heated argument with Oasis Spa owner Henry Nguyen on July 24, 2012. Kulka came looking for Nguyen shortly after 3 p.m. with a message to call Ottawa mortgage broker David Touhey, who had lent Nguyen $35,000

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/02/10/former-rider-glenn-kulka-guilty-of-assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad