GDT: The official NCAA Football thread

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Seen that coming from what I’ve heard through the grapevine. He’s losing all of his good players to the draft likely, and doesn’t want to rebuild.

Not sure whose available, before they made the mistake after RichFraud, Skip Holts was rumored to be interviewed for the job.
Jimbo was going to be the guy from all accounts until the fiesta bowl upset of ou.

The name I would keep an eye on after the title game is Brent Venables, the Clemson dc. Also wouldn't be shocked if WVU poached Doreen.

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Always seemed to me he had a couple of good seasons and was fairly mediocre otherwise. Might not be a bad thing for WVU.
Yeah as bad as it is to say Dana's issues came to a head this year against osu and ou. First time he has a legit shot at the playoff and they choke because of his decision making, not the play on the field.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Yeah I think they did a short piece on him during the game. Basically he's comfortable ($) where he is and loves to win more than anything, going to be a HC somewhere and have to build a program would go against both.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I remember after that West Virginia game some Tiger fans on a local sports radio show here were calling for his firing, **** was hilarious to listen to :laugh:
It's a miracle he lasted that game and losing to their rival 5 years in a row for the first time in several decades. Clemson coaches have been fired for a lot less. The AD who stuck with him looks like a genius now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad