GDT: The official NCAA Football thread

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
As a Tarheel fan I like the hire of Jay Bateman from Army to be the co-DC. He has a good amount of NC ties and if he can get their secondary to play like they did against Navy, I am 100% behind the hire. Only concern I have is that Army does not play the strongest schedule so while their defense ranked really high I am curious to see if he can continue building at a larger program. I'm excited to see improvement no matter how much.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm so over Alabama-Clemson. The only team spending on their level is Georgia, everyone else needs to drop bigger bags.
Given the skyrocketing coat of tuition, I would very much be ok of the sport just collapsed on itself now. Spending is out of control athletically and acadmically and the bill is being passed to students at an ever increasingly rapid rate. If I wanted to send my daughter to VT, where I went, it would cost $40k per year out of state, and about $20k in state. No education is really worth that, when the average job right out of college pays between $30k-$40k.

member 157595

Looked like very few people were there to begin with but that would SUCK to have that happen

Also

freaking LOL :laugh:

Given the skyrocketing coat of tuition, I would very much be ok of the sport just collapsed on itself now. Spending is out of control athletically and acadmically and the bill is being passed to students at an ever increasingly rapid rate. If I wanted to send my daughter to VT, where I went, it would cost $40k per year out of state, and about $20k in state. No education is really worth that, when the average job right out of college pays between $30k-$40k.

I feel that. The fees for the college I attended are now:

- $54,818/year tuition
- $15,136/year housing (for a double room; divide by 2 for a single room)
- $2,800/year other supplies

That adds up to $POCKETBOOKMOLESTATION per year. College in America is a freaking joke; you know what you get out of it? Crippling f***ing debt. You don't even get the job offers you used to get. It's a scam.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

I have cousins who did 2 years at a feeder community college, then transfered to penn state. They got the degree and the "experience" at little more than half the cost of 4 years at penn state.

member 157595

I have cousins who did 2 years at a feeder community college, then transfered to penn state. They got the degree and the "experience" at little more than half the cost of 4 years at penn state.

Exactly the kind of thing I'm planning to push for my own kid(s). Or send them to Canada or something. Student loan debt is a nightmare and bankruptcy won't save you. It's borderline criminal.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Exactly the kind of thing I'm planning to push for my own kid(s). Or send them to Canada or something. Student loan debt is a nightmare and bankruptcy won't save you. It's borderline criminal.

Government guaranteed loan with only a signature needed. Schools have 0 incentive to reduces costs and not push it over to the those borrowing the money.

member 157595

Government guaranteed loan with only a signature needed. Schools have 0 incentive to reduces costs and not push it over to the those borrowing the money.

We are a country of borrowers, sadly.

It's one thing if a highly motivated student is going for a medical and/or law degree, or something like that. The degree has meaning. However, in my line of work (software developer) you need to get into the workforce ASAP and an advanced degree is only worthwhile if someone's paying you to do it, not the other way around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad