Prospect Info: The Official Nathan MacKinnon Thread

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Am I missing something with this Cabana story? Isn't he just a close friend of MacKinnon's who couldn't make it to the NHL? At first I thought something tragic happened so he was honouring him by wearing his number but I see that Cabana just signed somewhere in Europe and is still playing hockey.

He had a big impact/influence on Nate as a kid. The MacKinnon's billeted him and Nathan would have been 7-8 years old then, just starting minor hockey. Kind of like a big brother (which he doesn't have) to him which was a big inspiration... He's "honoring" it in a way.

Watching him for 2+ years it will be weird not seeing him in #22, just looks natural, but it's no big deal, he can try to make another # his own.

Averick*

Too bad for MacKinnon that they'll probably retire Hunwick's number some day.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Do they have new player pics for the Avs this year?

Most of the ones they had in NHL 13 were old...

Clainer09

Sep 12, 2012
Prince Edward Island
Yeah, they pretty consistently underrate rookies/prospects. There are almost never NHL ready prospects. The top few guys most years should start in the upper 70's.

The good thing is that EA said players will now progress throughout the year instead of at the end of every year. I got Mackinnon in my first HUT pack (i think everyone does) He was rated 73. If you play GM Mode or GM Connected, there's no reason not believe he won't progress to become a 75-78 overall by the end of a season.

As for player pictures.. EA probably don't care at all if the pictures are up to date JUST that they have one. It would be tiring for the developers to have to update the right picture for every player in the NHL, AHL, CHL, etc.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
As for player pictures.. EA probably don't care at all if the pictures are up to date JUST that they have one. It would be tiring for the developers to have to update the right picture for every player in the NHL, AHL, CHL, etc.

I'll take that as a 'no' for them updating player pics. :(

I don't think it would be that hard to update the pics each year. If nothing else, they should atleast update just the NHL and AHL players.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Has EA fixed their issue for keeping stats? In the past, maybe NHL12 and before, if you had a rookie on the team, and got say...50 pts with him that stat line would disappear under his history for the next year. So basically every year was like a rookie season.

Obviously seeing how their stats stack up in history would be awesome, so it kind of sucks if they don't stay recorded.

I have NHL13 but I don't think I ever paid attention to that this year for my created player.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Think about how Landy/Duchene played their rookie seasons. They'd be at least 80s but probably more like 82. Mackinnon ought to be an 80 to start the season at least. But I guess that's a lot of pressure to live up to. :sarcasm:

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I'll take that as a 'no' for them updating player pics. :(

I don't think it would be that hard to update the pics each year. If nothing else, they should atleast update just the NHL and AHL players.

you would be correct, heck in 13 i'd see stefan elliot's and landy's chl pictures for in game goals.

Has EA fixed their issue for keeping stats? In the past, maybe NHL12 and before, if you had a rookie on the team, and got say...50 pts with him that stat line would disappear under his history for the next year. So basically every year was like a rookie season.

Obviously seeing how their stats stack up in history would be awesome, so it kind of sucks if they don't stay recorded.

I have NHL13 but I don't think I ever paid attention to that this year for my created player.

if your playing franchise/GM mode it only saves the last 3 or 4 years of stats for an individual player.

to add to this yakupov was a 64 until the season stated and he got an update to 81 ( i think ) in january, duchene and o'reilly were 76 and 74 in nhl 10 when they were added to the team.

mack will probably be a 74-76 until an update and then maybe up to 79-81 if he's killing it more or less.

Landeskog The Viking

Duchene The Boss
Jul 5, 2007
NS Canada
I'm sooooo amped for this season, i haven't been feening avs hockey since the 04 05 lockout. this team easily has PO potential, if theres no serious injuries. and if are top prospects live up to there hype this team won't be far from contenders again

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Just noticed that they added MacKinnon's picture to the rotation of background pics on the Avs website....wooooo offseason news!

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Speaking of grasping at straws for offseason news, the EA Sports Rookie Showcase was yesterday and MacKinnon battled his way to the finals of the NHL 14 tournament. He was up 4-2 in the 3rd, but blew the lead, making Tom Wilson the tourney winner. This is obviously a sign of things to come. :sarcasm:

BSn0--PCEAEHHtp.jpg

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Speaking of grasping at straws for offseason news, the EA Sports Rookie Showcase was yesterday and MacKinnon battled his way to the finals of the NHL 14 tournament. He was up 4-2 in the 3rd, but blew the lead, making Tom Wilson the tourney winner. This is obviously a sign of things to come. :sarcasm:

BSn0--PCEAEHHtp.jpg

Start the "MacKinnon = Bust" thread in 3.....2....1....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad