• Start date

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

First Overall in the 2013 NHL Draft
NATHAN MACKINNON

N6JD3Wf.png

171985425.jpg

Nathan MacKinnon thanking the heavens for putting him on the Avalanche
and not one of the other 29 lesser teams

Just thought the first-first overall pick in Avalanche history deserved his own thread. Let's post pictures, articles, interviews, news, etc. here!

Let's keep it alive all year!

Note: I got Mod-Clearance to post this outside the official Prospect Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I just have a feeling he's going to come out flying. Hopefully he gets scoring a bit sooner then Duchene did in his first rookie season. Maybe he'll get some of Landeskog's luck and have his first goal go off his pant bottoms and in :laugh:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

It's surreal thinking that we were talking about him when he was 15 years old. He has so much drive.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Haha, screenshots override timeliness. :laugh:

Well, if it means anything, he asked me a bit ago about it, I was just preoccupied and hadn't refreshed my Inbox to see the message. If I had then we wouldn't have had 2

If you want to blame someone, you can blame me. :dunce:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Well, if it means anything, he asked me a bit ago about it, I was just preoccupied and hadn't refreshed my Inbox to see the message. If I had then we wouldn't have had 2

If you want to blame someone, you can blame me. :dunce:

I blame you dammit!!!!!

Honestly though I don't care one bit, haha.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Easy to forget he's one of the younger guys in the draft.

The Avs can bring him along slowly, and that appears to be the plan, but I'm still not convinced Stastny will be in town a week from now.

Avs haven't had a pure goal scorer since Hejduk's hey-day. MacKinnon could be that guy.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
It's surreal thinking that we were talking about him when he was 15 years old. He has so much drive.

Yeah. Been in the spotlight forever.

- Already the best shooter on the Avs? Sorely lack somebody who can snipe some goals. Landy or Ginner could be considered as well.

- Where do people think he ranks in terms of speed/accel/quickness/overall skating in the NHL? Probably the thing I'm looking forward to the most. Speed kills and Duchene + Mackinnon is a ridiculous combo to have.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Yeah. Been in the spotlight forever.

- Already the best shooter on the Avs? Sorely lack somebody who can snipe some goals. Landy or Ginner could be considered as well.

- Where do people think he ranks in terms of speed/accel/quickness/overall skating in the NHL? Probably the thing I'm looking forward to the most. Speed kills and Duchene + Mackinnon is a ridiculous combo to have.

MacKinnon is a future 40 goal scorer... I could see him hitting 40+50=90 in the near future.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Easy to forget he's one of the younger guys in the draft.

With all the conversation leading up to the draft I personally found this really overlooked. He's 2 weeks away from being in the '14 draft. He would have MURDERED the Q next year.

He's not turning 19 until the start of his second season in the NHL. Kinda crazy to think about.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Might as well note here also that Roy said he plans on using these lines.

O'Reilly - Duchene - PAP
Landeskog - Stastny - Tanguay
McGinn - MacKinnon - Downie

Not sure why he's decided already without seeing anyone in camp, or why Tanguay is both on a different line than Mack and at RW, or why the Avs four best playmakers (PAP, Tangs, Staz, O'Reilly) are playing on different lines than Mack. :help:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

With all the conversation leading up to the draft I personally found this really overlooked. He's 2 weeks away from being in the '14 draft. He would have MURDERED the Q next year.

He's not turning 19 until the start of his second season in the NHL. Kinda crazy to think about.

Well... Here's to a long Avalanche career with Nathan MacKinnon.

171991314.jpg

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Might as well note here also that Roy said he plans on using these lines.

O'Reilly - Duchene - PAP
Landeskog - Stastny - Tanguay
McGinn - MacKinnon - Downie

Not sure why he's decided already without seeing anyone in camp, or why Tanguay is both on a different line than Mack and at RW, or why the Avs four best playmakers (PAP, Tangs, Staz, O'Reilly) are playing on different lines than Mack. :help:
I think it was more the case of Roy saying that these three would be together on a line without specifying who plays where and Dater assumed Landy would play LW. I think Tangs will play LW and Landy RW if they stay together.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Also means he'll still be 25 the summer he's eligible to be a UFA. :amazed:

Assuming he plays next year that is.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
I wanted him over Jones from the start but I still couldn't picture him in an Avs jersey like I could Jones.

Also feels good being in the minority of people who have the same thought train as the professionals in Avs management. #TeamMackinnon baby! :yo:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I wanted him over Jones from the start but I still couldn't picture him in an Avs jersey like I could Jones.

Also feels good being in the minority of people who have the same thought train as the professionals in Avs management. #TeamMackinnon baby! :yo:

If Mac wasn't injured and didn't go into a confidence/growth funk after the U20's I think he would have had 100+ points and would have walked in as John Tavares to Seth Jones' Victor Hedman.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think it was more the case of Roy saying that these three would be together on a line without specifying who plays where and Dater assumed Landy would play LW. I think Tangs will play LW and Landy RW if they stay together.

That could be the case. Not sure though why he wants two playmakers with Duchene, and two with Landeskog, and just Downie as a playmaker with Mack. Downie's underrated as a playmaker, but he's easily fifth best on the team in that regard. It makes so much sense to put Tanguay with MacKinnon though, rather than put him with a couple of grinding types. They're giving him the Seguin treatment, and I'm not that big a fan of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad