Prospect Info: The Official Nathan MacKinnon Thread

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'd completely understand it if MacK goes back to 22 when it is available, and the story of why he wears 22 is awesome, but I also would like to see him make 29 a famous number, turn the page to his pro career with it and all that. We'll see how he feels in a year I guess.

I'm glad Duchene hyped up the announcement. Much better than just Dater breaking the news or figuring it out come training camp or per season. It's good to see something like MacK choosing a number drums up a little bit of buzz.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I actually hope he doesn't switch numbers. 29 is odd, but he has a chance to really make it "his" as there haven't been a ton of high profile guys who have worn it. I like when a guy keeps the same number for years and years, especially if he's given many to choose from at the start of his career (not assigned a number by the training staff as a rookie, and forced to use it until he really becomes a full time player).

22 will probably come open during the year or next season, but it would be kind of cool to see him hold on to 29 for a decade or more.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I actually hope he doesn't switch numbers. 29 is odd, but he has a chance to really make it "his" as there haven't been a ton of high profile guys who have worn it. I like when a guy keeps the same number for years and years, especially if he's given many to choose from at the start of his career (not assigned a number by the training staff as a rookie, and forced to use it until he really becomes a full time player).

22 will probably come open during the year or next season, but it would be kind of cool to see him hold on to 29 for a decade or more.

Agreed...I'm going to buy a MacKinnon #29 jersey regardless, if he changes, then like I've said before I think it'll make the #29 jerseys nice collectibles down the road.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
Its just a number but I don't like it... Hope for #22 during season

For me It is a question of time like Stazz and Liles with #26

Go Nate.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
What's the process of changing a number in the NHL? Can you just do it on a whim or is there some kind of waiting period?

I see a lot of people saying he should have taken 91. I don't like that at all. I like him having his own number. 95 would have been cool, though.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
What I get from his interviews is that he has the personality of a chalkboard. His agents or parents tell him what to say and he repeats it.

I haven't been on to reply to this post, but like some who have posted before I had a chance to reply, I couldn't disagree with you more on that. Mac definitely has a personality, and you can see it when they toss him curveball questions later in some of his interviews. He's just mature enough and smart enough, and he has enough respect for the league and other players, to be humble and deferential in what he says, and that's how he should be as an unproven rookie who doesn't want to have his head taken off as soon as he steps onto the ice.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California

I agree with this. I actually like the look of 22 a little bit better, but Mac can really make 29 his own, plus whenever I see 22 on a Colorado jersey, the player who immediately comes to mind for me is Claude Lemieux.

I'll get Mac's 29 jersey if finances (i.e. the wife) permit this year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
29 is such an underrated number and is my main number for goaler. :nod: Don't understand all the hate.

So I do have a question to all of you, I plan on buying a MacKinnon jersey so should would you go with the number 29 or still get the number 22?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
29 is such an underrated number and is my main number for goaler. :nod: Don't understand all the hate.

So I do have a question to all of you, I plan on buying a MacKinnon jersey so should would you go with the number 29 or still get the number 22?

Why would you want the jersey of a bust?

Figured we should get that started early.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California

I'd go with 29. What if he never switches to 22?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why would you want the jersey of a bust?

Figured we should get that started early.
Good point, new idea.....what if this.....

- Quebec Nordiques White Jersey
- Number #3 on the back
- Name? MacJones

:nod:

I'd go with 29. What if he never switches to 22?

That is why I asked the question, and what if he switches to #22 when Hunwick is gone?

Plus IMO #22 fits MacKinnon since I have seen him wear it from his very first game in Halifax. Even though 29 is VERY underrated, 22 seems more like a "perfect fit" situation for him that I am considering that number even though he doesn't switch.

Next thing what is the best place to buy a jersey now?

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA

Probably because of this guy:
tumblr_magzvgebX01rgkrj8o1_400.jpg

It's kind of known as a goalie number.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I don't see the big deal with the number anyways. He's a rookie. If he feels like switching to 22 later who cares.

Hell even Sakic started with 88 rather than 19.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Im guessing Mackinnon loves the number 22 and since that bum Hunwick didn't give it up, Mac went with the next number which starts with 2 that makes the most sense.

He could of gone with 20 maybe,

21 unavailable
23 unavailable
24 probably looks worse than 29
25 eh
26 unavailable
27 unavailable
28 no better than 29

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I'll definitely be waiting till Hunwick is gone before I buy a Mac jersey with 29 on the back. Hopefully I can get a jersey through the same guy that got me an authentic Duchene jersey for $60.

The Mack 10 concept is kind of cool but reminds me too much of AK27 which I thought was slightly childish.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Im guessing Mackinnon loves the number 22 and since that bum Hunwick didn't give it up, Mac went with the next number which starts with 2 that makes the most sense.

He could of gone with 20 maybe,

21 unavailable
23 unavailable
24 probably looks worse than 29
25 eh
26 unavailable
27 unavailable
28 no better than 29

I think both 24 and 28 are better than 29.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00