Prospect Info: The Official Nathan MacKinnon Thread

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
It's AK47 and I think the word you're looking for is kick-a$$

Huh? I don't think you understand what I was referring to. Alexei Kovalev wore number 27 and his shtick was AK27. It was used for advertisement and what not with Warrior products that he used.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
Huh? I don't think you understand what I was referring to. Alexei Kovalev wore number 27 and his shtick was AK27. It was used for advertisement and what not with Warrior products that he used.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to Andrei Kirilenko (basketball) who chose the number 47 so he was AK-47. MAC-10 is a gun, so it's more analogous.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
#10 or 11 would've been pretty cool actually. Remember when Stastny was 62? That was an ugly number.

62's a great number. I would've liked Mac to take 79, but oh well.
I don't really care who has what number. It's the name above the number which makes a difference.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I really like the double numbers. 22, 33, 44 etc., 88 being my favorite. In the end whatever, he can make 29 his own. 22 or 10 would have been awesome. Kinda hope he sticks with 29 for his career now.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I really like the double numbers. 22, 33, 44 etc., 88 being my favorite. In the end whatever, he can make 29 his own. 22 or 10 would have been awesome. Kinda hope he sticks with 29 for his career now.

Am i the only one who thinks 33 is strictly a goalie number period. It doesn't suit forwards or d-men at all specially forwards.

Is there a forward wearing 33 by the way? i can't think of one.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I liked 10 for MacKinnon because I think 10 looks good on speedy goal scorers. 29 isn't bad though, not sure why people are raising such a huff over it.

Well I would have loved seeing him with #22.
My favorite number by far.

The biggest problem for me is that he probably will switch it to #22 anyways next year. I dislike that. Because that means no Mac jersey for me :(.
Don't like to wear an "outdated" jersey (unless it is a classic).
So him picking #29 for "this year" kind of blows IMO.

And even if he makes it his own.....
I will probably fine with it in a few years.
Right now I just dislike it ;)

member 116861

Am i the only one who thinks 33 is strictly a goalie number period. It doesn't suit forwards or d-men at all specially forwards.

Is there a forward wearing 33 by the way? i can't think of one.

Henrik Sedin

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I think the stink people have with him being 29 is because that scrub Hunwick number blocked him on 22, when Mack is clearly more important to this team and the story with Cabana.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Am I missing something with this Cabana story? Isn't he just a close friend of MacKinnon's who couldn't make it to the NHL? At first I thought something tragic happened so he was honouring him by wearing his number but I see that Cabana just signed somewhere in Europe and is still playing hockey.

Like I said before, if Hunwick wants to keep his number that's fine. Doesn't matter how good (or bad) he is, he's a veteran NHL player who doesn't need to give his number to a 17 year old rookie. The MacKinnon/Cabana story is nice and all but also irrelevant to everyone other than MacKinnon. It's also possible that Hunwick offered the number to MacKinnon but he said no. He can get #22 next year if he really wants it.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Nathan Mackinnon ‏@Mackinnon9 11 Aug

Having to battle through that awful first season of breaking bad will be totally worth it tonight

um, i love the kid but he just spoke heresy. all of BB is amazing....besides the one ep 'the fly'

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO

Having to battle through that awful first season of breaking bad will be totally worth it tonight

um, i love the kid but he just spoke heresy. all of BB is amazing....besides the one ep 'the fly'

To be fair, a lot of the first season is about cancer sickness, probably not all that entertaining for a 17 year old.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
I think the stink people have with him being 29 is because that scrub Hunwick number blocked him on 22, when Mack is clearly more important to this team and the story with Cabana.

Do we know for sure that Hunwick blocked Mac on the 22? To me, Mac seems like too respectful of a kid to either ask Hunwick for the 22, or to accept it even if Hunwick offered it to him.

I know to most of us fans, Mac is a far more important player to the Avs than Hunwick, so we are rooting for him to get the 22 from Hunwick. But the reality is, even with his draft pedigree, Mac is an unproven rookie who wants to earn the respect of his teammates. I don't see him trying to rock the boat by going after a veteran's jersey number.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Forget about what RS posted.
Now I am mad! Trade that kid! :sarcasm:

Oh well. Is not Duchene the big Nickelback fan?

Season 1 might not be as exciting as the rest of Breaking Bad but to call it awful..

Still think that BB is up there with the greatest shows ever. And Season 1 is a big part of it

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Plus, the black comedy aspect of the show is kind of lost after the first stretch of season 1, which makes it special... and hilarious.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Well. I've never posted a photo on here before, so I figured meh why not, and this seems an appropriate time/place for it.

If anyone is curious, it's a game worn Jason King jersey, and no I do not live in Saskatoon if anyone is wondering. That's from the pre-game before they played the finals.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Well. I've never posted a photo on here before, so I figured meh why not, and this seems an appropriate time/place for it.

If anyone is curious, it's a game worn Jason King jersey, and no I do not live in Saskatoon if anyone is wondering. That's from the pre-game before they played the finals.

That's pretty cool! I'm an avs fan from Newfoundland so this photo represents a lot for me. You're wearing a King jersey who's a newf, standing behind you is Andrew Ryan who is a newf and Nate Mackinnon who is an Av.

Did you watch the moosheads much during the Jason King days? I'm wondering if you know the names Derek Kent and Jonathan Boone. Kent is from NL, and shares the same last name as me. He plays senior hockey in the province still and I have actually played against him in a few rec tournaments. Boone is from Bell Island, NL which is the same town i'm from and I know him very well. I have also played a fair bit of hockey with him. Boone actually won a mem cup with the 67's before moving to the Q and playing with the moose. I have been told he was the first Newfoundlander to ever win a Mem cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad