The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread Part 4: Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots EVERYBODY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I understand your reasoning for suggesting trading Hamilton. I was taken aback by the idea of trading him for Kapanen and a small plus. That trade is lopsided as hell. That's a Top 2 RHD without contractual pressure for a winger that is still pretty unproven and doesn't have a huge pedigree.
I'm sorry but the Kapanens have as proven a hockey pedigree as Finland can bring up.

Father: Sami Kapanen
Grandfather: Hannu Kapanen
Uncle: Kimmo Kapanen
Great uncle: Jari Kapanen

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
LeBrun talked about the topic further yesterday:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-10...the-leafs-can-reel-the-lightning-in-1.1226425

Starts at ~10:00

“…But on their list of names that continues to evolve, Kasperi Kapanen replaced Nylander from the Leafs. I mean, that’s the new target I think in terms of the Leafs. They’ve got targets on other teams.”

“So, a lot of ifs, but the basic fact I was passing on is that I know the Hurricanes have discussed Kapanen internally.”

Sounds a lot less foreboding than what he said on Insider Trading. The tone of the other night was that Carolina was really hot for him as evidenced by his comment about an offer coming. Here, he’s saying Carolina is on the hunt for offense from many teams and Kapanen is who the Canes merely discussed internally on the Leafs post-Nylander.

TSN is so Leaf-centric. I bet Carolina discussed better players internally. Do those get reported? Nope. Carolina talks about a Leaf? Put it in the broadcast and blast it out via tweet.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Yeah, it's no wonder their fans have such an inflated sense of what their players are worth. It's like the Dallas Cowboys effect. An average player is suddenly a very good player, a very good player is elite. It's insanity.
I am literally tagging every Canes thread on the Trade Board as Ignore right now. Every one is just being overrun with this elitist mentality, and its better to ignore than get sucked in.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
In some respect I can't fault the TML fans for wanting Kapanen to get the benefit of the doubt, but plain and simple he is not a 60 point player unless he is in a situation like what he's in now. He'd be a 40-45 point player on the Canes, if that.

But it's the arrogance and elitist mentality that I can't deal with. It's ridiculous. Every time I start to think to myself "Self, maybe Leafs fans aren't that bad and their reputation is overblown a little bit" a whole new of d-bags comes in and makes them look even worse than they did before.

I don't know if anybody was around message boards in 02 when we were playing them in the ECF but I've never been so satisfied to see a team lose in my life back then. I got way more joy out of them losing than us winning tbh

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I'd do backflips if we landed tarasenko, but the blues have nearly as much need for a top 4 rhd as Carolina, and i don't think we have the assets in futures to outbid other parties if he really is on the market for that kind of deal. Only edge is we could absorb his contract without sending money back, in theory anyway.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
That would be a massive acquisition, but I don't see it happening either.

And while I don't give Kyper as much weight, Friedman does often seem to use informed speculation, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's been discussed at some level on either team, or between the teams. I know a lot around here are terrified of any impending moves, but I like that they're looking around to add what's needed to improve this team.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'd do backflips if we landed tarasenko, but the blues have nearly as much need for a top 4 rhd as Carolina, and i don't think we have the assets in futures to outbid other parties if he really is on the market for that kind of deal. Only edge is we could absorb his contract without sending money back, in theory anyway.

Keep an eye on Pietrangelo. If he moves as part of a larger shake-up, the door would open for a trade. Hamilton and Teravainen for Tarasenko and whatever else balances the value/money out.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
YOU ARE NOT GETTING KAP FOR YOUR GARBAGE AND 8 EQUALS 10

YOU DO NOT KNOW HOCKEY
I love how we went from ppg while Matthews was out to 10 points in 14 games to your players are garbage anyway.

Guys gotta be like 13. I’m glad I wasn’t on the internet at that age.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't know about in that trade with a 1st, but in general I'd include our 1st as long as we can top 3 protect it. If they wanted better assets back because of that, or add one or both of our 2nds if we get top 3, I'd go for it. So, 2019 1st if it's not top 3, or 2020 1st plus better assets or 2nd(s). All of that of course depends on the other assets. I would hate to give up Teuvo in a Tarasenko trade, given we truly need to add to what we have.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
If that’s all it takes, I’d fall over. But I’m sure they’d insist on our 1st on top of that.

Ok, I have to ask why you think that? a top pairing D man and a winger who scored over 60 points last year and is 24 for a winger who had 66 points last year (granted yes he had more goals) and is 3 years older on a more expensive contract.

on paper the Blues are the ones who should be adding to that deal.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'd add another forward from our NHL roster in the range of Foegele/McGinn/Wallmark and a good prospect on top of Hamilton and top 3 protected 1st. Those are the type of assets we have that have value, but we have to spare. I'd also sub Pesce for Hamilton if that works better for St. Louis, as I haven't completely given up on Dougie working here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad