The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread Part 4: Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots EVERYBODY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Speaking of statues...

Should the Canes look to build one outside the arena to commemorate the 2006 win? I'm thinking of either Brindy hoisting the Cup or Ward making that Game 7 save? I mean to date it is still the biggest professional accomplishment in this state. I'd also consider one of Francis, Wesley, and Brindy with the POW Trophy in 2002, especially considering they are the retired numbers inside.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Speaking of statues...

Should the Canes look to build one outside the arena to commemorate the 2006 win? I'm thinking of either Brindy hoisting the Cup or Ward making that Game 7 save? I mean to date it is still the biggest professional accomplishment in this state. I'd also consider one of Francis, Wesley, and Brindy with the POW Trophy in 2002, especially considering they are the retired numbers inside.

I'd vote for both of these statues.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Rnh was a rask level forward until the oil put him on mcdavids wing, and suddenly he became a #2 center / legit two way threat because he's their #1 pker too.

As of right now, the canes have one rhd to spare, with little forward help on the way. You can't screw this up, its the one good asset in an org that desperately needs scoring. They should wait until the offseason and hope someone (cough cough Toronto) overreacts to their postseason ending.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Totally rampant and completely my own speculation: I wonder if the trade that fell apart with a Western team was with LA, and it fell apart because J Carter said no to playing in CAR or threatened to retire were he dealt here...

Friedman says yesterday that the Canes had a deal in place with a Western Conference team that fell apart in the 11th hour
Friedman says today that Jeff Carter might tell teams he is going to retire if he doesn't like the destination.

I'll be damned that it doesn't sound like Carolina had a deal in place with LA for Carter and Carter was like "I will literally f***ing retire" which caused it to fall apart

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd be hesitant to trade him for an average player like Pesce.

— that is just hilariously bad.

If the Canes want some insight into what Kapanen looks like when not paired with Auston Mattews they only need to look at his stats when Matthews was injured:

GPG/GPA/GPP/GP
Matthews180.440.390.83
No Matthews140.290.210.50
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GPG/82A/82P/82
Matthews18363268
No Matthews14231841
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
No problem; if we trade for him we just pair him with a player like Matthews; oh wait....

Just when I thought that thread might turn towards almost being reasonable around page 6 or so it took a steep dive back to where I expected it to be in the first place. I hope Toronto dominates the regular season and gets bounced in the first or second round.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Throwing this out there: Florida's struggling this year, their coach and GM aren't happy with their play, especially of late. They've threatened to call up a few promising prospects to push established players to fight for their spot, and believe the defense could use a shake up as well.

Is there anyone there that we could work a D for F trade around?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Thinking about this rumor some more, what does the Carolina FO get by having this leak out? This puts the Leafs in a strong bargaining position.

What do the Leafs get out of it? Well, it can add leverage if they're in trade talks with another team. They can point to Carolina as a team out there that covets him as justification for offering Kapanen as the base piece for someone like Parayko.

The Leafs should have more motivation to sell high than Carolina should to buy high. If Kapanen continues to produce, he might price himself out of town, if the defense has to be tweaked. Going into the offseason having to trade Kapanen for financial reasons is a weak bargaining position to have.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Throwing this out there: Florida's struggling this year, their coach and GM aren't happy with their play, especially of late. They've threatened to call up a few promising prospects to push established players to fight for their spot, and believe the defense could use a shake up as well.

Is there anyone there that we could work a D for F trade around?

Borgstorm or Trocheck would both be good targets. Maybe if Florida wants to compete this year and Carolina wants to tank then they could trade for Trocheck and his broken ankle.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Hamilton for Kapanen and a small plus!?

@Roboturner913 please explain yourself.

Feel like I already explained this in the thread, but since you said "please"

TBH, I don't think Hamilton is a good fit. TB even more H, I think he's very overrated and I thought that for quite a while even before we traded for him.

And I'm just talking about his game, not all this locker room going to museum whatever drama nonsense the ridiculous Canadian media was always going on about.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Feel like I already explained this in the thread, but since you said "please"

TBH, I don't think Hamilton is a good fit. TB even more H, I think he's very overrated and I thought that for quite a while even before we traded for him.

And I'm just talking about his game, not all this locker room going to museum whatever drama nonsense the ridiculous Canadian media was always going on about.

I understand your reasoning for suggesting trading Hamilton. I was taken aback by the idea of trading him for Kapanen and a small plus. That trade is lopsided as hell. That's a Top 2 RHD without contractual pressure for a winger that is still pretty unproven and doesn't have a huge pedigree.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I understand your reasoning for suggesting trading Hamilton. I was taken aback by the idea of trading him for Kapanen and a small plus. That trade is lopsided as hell. That's a Top 2 RHD without contractual pressure for a winger that is still pretty unproven and doesn't have a huge pedigree.
....And its still probably a better deal than whatever Wads will eventually agree to...

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Borgstorm or Trocheck would both be good targets. Maybe if Florida wants to compete this year and Carolina wants to tank then they could trade for Trocheck and his broken ankle.
I don’t know if Florida would deal trocheck. He’d be damn expensive too. I like the borgstrom idea that’s been thrown around. Same plan, just stash him in the AHL for the rest of the year.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Leafs fans wanting noted #4D Brett Pesce for Kapanen should tell you all about how they truly value Kapanen. Rip Pesce to shreds for the past two months, then all of a sudden turn around and request him for someone else.
That's exactly it. Spend months ripping someone to convince themselves that player is worthless, than use that mindset to try and propose offers that somehow gets them these worthless players for their extraneous and expendable pieces. And then gang up on and rip into anyone who disagrees.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

And its not just TML fans that do this.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

Look, if I was an NHL GM I'd be a shitty one, no questions there. I'm sure you're right (no sarcasm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma