Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Drake vs Lil Wayne in a Verzuz battle, who you guys got? 20 v 20 songs.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Drake is my personal fav of all time, his versatility and dominance is undeniable. I pretty much grew up on Drake and his different sounds over the years. So I’d take him.

But, anyone taking Weezy is right as well. He’s legitimately one of the goats and inspired so many rappers coming after him.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Drake is my personal fav of all time, his versatility and dominance is undeniable. I pretty much grew up on Drake and his different sounds over the years. So I’d take him.

But, anyone taking Weezy is right as well. He’s legitimately one of the goats and inspired so many rappers coming after him.
Yeah, can’t really go wrong with either, but I feel like Wayne’s hits slap harder cause they have the nostalgia factor added to them. Like if I hear a Drake hit, yeah it’s cool, but that shit was hot just a few years ago.

Both are definitely GOATed though.

Reactions: 780il

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Who’s more influential in music also? It’s pretty close to me.

Lil Wayne gets a lot of credit for putting on huge artists (Drake, Nicki, Tyga) as well as influencing a huge subsection of modern rappers (the whole Young Thug tree of artists).

Drake hasn’t done that in any real capacity, partly because he’s still active in the game. Wayne can spit like a mf, but he’s been replaced (in large part because he wanted it to be this way), but Drake doesn’t get out Draked on a Drake track.

Lil Baby, easily one of the biggest artists in rap is a Drake/Young Thug combo artist, which is why he’s so big.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Who’s more influential in music also? It’s pretty close to me.

Lil Wayne gets a lot of credit for putting on huge artists (Drake, Nicki, Tyga) as well as influencing a huge subsection of modern rappers (the whole Young Thug tree of artists).

Drake hasn’t done that in any real capacity, partly because he’s still active in the game. Wayne can spit like a mf, but he’s been replaced (in large part because he wanted it to be this way), but Drake doesn’t get out Draked on a Drake track.

Lil Baby, easily one of the biggest artists in rap is a Drake/Young Thug combo artist, which is why he’s so big.
The answer to that question is easily Wayne imo. At least for now, Drake is still in the thick of it and still going #1 everytime he drops. His career is far from over. Wayne was the one to kickstart so many young peoples careers with Young Money, and then later YMCMB. Lil Wayne was the main influence for Young Thug and Kendrick, Thugger then goes on to create so many new people like Lil Baby and Gunna and he was the one that started the whole mumble rap wave.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
^^Listening to that shows me Wayne actually got better as a rapper. Guy spits disgusting now compared to his laid back flow there.

Heard this on the radio the other day and hat to nod to the Wayne part.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Wayne for me personally but drake has so many commercial/pop type hits that I could see him winning based on popularity. heck alot of hardcore fans can't even admit pusher bodied him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad