Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
What are your favorite 90s albums?

Damn. there are so many.

There were some really good albums that produced 2-3 excellent tracks that could be listed but I am just going to concentrate on the ones that I could listen to without skipping a track......or else my list would be ridiculous lol.

Nas - Illmatic - Greatest album of any 90s genre in my books. burned through 2 cassette tapes and about 5 cds lol...……..thank the gods for digital music.

DMX - its dark and hell is hot
BIG - ready to die
2pac - All eyez on me
BIG - Life after death
Fugees - the score
2pac - The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory / Makaveli
Beastie boys - licenced to ill
Beastie boys - hello nasty
Dr. Dre - 2001
Wu-tang - 36 Chambers
Method Man - Tical
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
Funkdoobiest - Brothas doobie
Dr Dre - the cronic
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
Nas - It was written
Eminem - slim shady lp

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Allow me to introduce myself, Makaveli The Don, spittin spiritual lyrics like the Holy Quran.

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Drake dropped a new track too. A lot better than those DJ Khaled tracks.

I was actually really impressed with the new drake track. 2nd track I have bought of his the other being Non Stop.

Beastmode destroyed him on the field and the video is funny asf

Last edited:

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I was actually really impressed with the new drake track. 2nd track I have bought of his the other being Non Stop.

Beastmode destroyed him on the field and the video is funny asf

I’m happy for my boy Durkio getting the big feature.

Ah man, non stop I couldn’t take anymore after people kept playing it around me...non stop.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I’m happy for my boy Durkio getting the big feature.

Ah man, non stop I couldn’t take anymore after people kept playing it around me...non stop.

ya Durk was decent. I liked the bar "Can you not play that lil' boy in the club?
'Cause we do not listen to rats"

I found it by the beat. I heard MGK's freesytle on Funkmaster Flex and thought the beat was fire. No one I run with really listens to drake so I didn't have your problem lol.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
ya Durk was decent. I liked the bar "Can you not play that lil' boy in the club?
'Cause we do not listen to rats"

I found it by the beat. I heard MGK's freesytle on Funkmaster Flex and thought the beat was fire. No one I run with really listens to drake so I didn't have your problem lol.
Lmao yeah a lot of people liked that 6ix9ine diss. Lil Durk is a true Libra though, was on insta live with him before all this and now disowns him.

And man you are lucky you don’t live in the GTA (I’m assuming) everyone here is on the man’s nuts.

What’s your thoughts on MGK’s new music? Sounds like some 2000s punk pop lmao, kinda weird to me cause I mostly remember him for Wild Boy.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Lmao yeah a lot of people liked that 6ix9ine diss. Lil Durk is a true Libra though, was on insta live with him before all this and now disowns him.

And man you are lucky you don’t live in the GTA (I’m assuming) everyone here is on the man’s nuts.

What’s your thoughts on MGK’s new music? Sounds like some 2000s punk pop lmao, kinda weird to me cause I mostly remember him for Wild Boy.

Ha. ya not in the GTA at all. Was in WPG most of my life now living that country life lol. most of my friends aren't really into r&b. the man makes some solid tracks but everything I ever hear has that mainstream pop appeal. absolutely nothing wrong with that though as that is where the big bags are at ha.

Ya I am not a fan of his new punk/pop/emu stuff. it was disappointing as he put out some really good hip/hop during quarantine sessions and was starting to sound like himself again (smoke and drive/in these walls/pretty toxic revolver/ whats poppin remix)

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Ha. ya not in the GTA at all. Was in WPG most of my life now living that country life lol. most of my friends aren't really into r&b. the man makes some solid tracks but everything I ever hear has that mainstream pop appeal. absolutely nothing wrong with that though as that is where the big bags are at ha.

Ya I am not a fan of his new punk/pop/emu stuff. it was disappointing as he put out some really good hip/hop during quarantine sessions and was starting to sound like himself again (smoke and drive/in these walls/pretty toxic revolver/ whats poppin remix)
Oh true yeah I wouldn’t expect Drake to be as big out there, but here people treat his drops like they’re some god level shit even tho they seem stale a week later.

And yeah the pop punk stuff is weird. That What’s Poppin remix was flames though for sure. Megan Fox still a baddie as well.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
A week or so ago was asking about your favorite 90's albums. Hard to narrow down strictly to full albums that I loved, let alone the artistes that left a mark on me.

Going to start doing one or two songs from that era to now daily to share the luv of hiphop.

First, Jamal 'Fades Em All'

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
A week or so ago was asking about your favorite 90's albums. Hard to narrow down strictly to full albums that I loved, let alone the artistes that left a mark on me.

Going to start doing one or two songs from that era to now daily to share the luv of hiphop.

First, Jamal 'Fades Em All'

Been doing it since day one. Droppin science on theses heads.

Reactions: VC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad