Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

That one. And Cataracts. And Gat Damn. Quite honestly, it's the most complete piece of music that Gibbs has put together, and I'm thrilled with the thing. To me it's significantly better than its predecessor, which I think slowed down significantly in the second half (honestly, "Lakers" and "Knicks" didn't need to be there). That was also a record where Gibbs I think didn't quite show off much of his raw ability: He's always been able to switch speeds on a dime and fall into these jaw-dropping, super melodic Bone Thugs/Z-Ro-esque runs, and that's relatively absent on Piñata: The rapping is straightforward and, as always, excellent, but it's all kinda restrained by his standards.

Bandana
is a great summation of almost everything he can do, with a wider range of what Madlib can do, also. It's one of the best vocal performances I've ever heard on a rap album.

Reactions: Mikey 48

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Lil Mosey killed the XXL cypher!!!!

As in I hope they never make another one. So bad.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
4th NF album just dropped. AOTY for me out of 19 tracks a majority of them have a ton of replay value. He should blow after this, newest video has just 100k less than the new travis scott video that released a day prior.

you wont get the symbolism in the video visually if you have not followed the last three albums and videos. The beat and flow is dope though.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
That new Future slaps, hope he drops a project of bangers. His last one was good, just a bit slow for me.

Speaking of slow jams, here's a nice lil jam that reminds me of all y'all

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Coloring Book is legit one of my favourite albums and... The Big Day is... so bad. Like it actually hurts my soul that that's what he came out with. It has zero heart and feels like he just slapped a bunch of random happy tracks together and called it a day. I only cared for the intro track.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
4th NF album just dropped. AOTY for me out of 19 tracks a majority of them have a ton of replay value. He should blow after this, newest video has just 100k less than the new travis scott video that released a day prior.

you wont get the symbolism in the video visually if you have not followed the last three albums and videos. The beat and flow is dope though.

Album of the Year for me too, just incredible.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
a really well put together project. He grew as an artist in this one.

100%, there's quite a bit of diversity in his tracks on this album. Leave Me Alone is my favourite so far. And as someone who deals with mental health problems this album is just that much better since it resonates with me a lot.

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
100%, there's quite a bit of diversity in his tracks on this album. Leave Me Alone is my favourite so far. And as someone who deals with mental health problems this album is just that much better since it resonates with me a lot.
I agree. it is very relatable music to a vast majority of people.this is something a bit different and it really works as the beat selection is just on a different level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheddabombs

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Burna Boy’s new album is pretty good.

I can’t stop playing Secret feat. Jeremih and Serani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad