Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Zuu is good but feels too short. Don't like the title track though. Highlights of the album are P.A.T. and WISH.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Weeeeeeeeeeeeew anyone else f***ing with that new Future SAVE ME? XanaX Damage needs to be 2 minutes longer... Shotgun is nuts too. This one was dope.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
FUture album is great!!!

Reminds me of his hendrx album

Much prefer THIS Future (emotional future) to the one we hear most of the time.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Zuu is good but feels too short. Don't like the title track though. Highlights of the album are P.A.T. and WISH.
Just realized that this was just a transitional album before his next bigger project. Makes it more impressive IMO.

YamCork

Dec 11, 2017
Australia
ZUU gets better on each listen for me.

There's some serious quality dropping later this year... Freddie Gibbs, Danny Brown, Big K.R.I.T. & Run The Jewels.

Can't wait!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Anyone listen to Revenge of the Dreamers 3? I was hoping it'd be a Cole project with a bunch of collabs, but it looks like it's dreamville worth Cole being featured on a couple of songs, which is disappointing. JID and Bas are the only ones I listen to on occasion from Dreamville, and I'm not huge fans of them. I think JID is pretty overrated. He sounds way too much like Kendrick for my liking, but people admire a rapper who can rap a lot of words fast.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'm actually quite liking MGK's album.

It is pretty good and has some solid re-playability. think my favorite tracks are floor 13, Hollywood whore, roulette and the pop rock song is not bad but almost a bit to pop music for my taste.

NF's new album drops late July and I think we are going to see him blow up.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It is pretty good and has some solid re-playability. think my favorite tracks are floor 13, Hollywood ****e, roulette and the pop rock song is not bad but almost a bit to pop music for my taste.

NF's new album drops late July and I think we are going to see him blow up.

I like Hollywood Whore, Glass House, Burning Memories, Candy and I think I'm okay (the one with travis barker....that one is catchy af). I've warmed up to MGK, might check out his older stuff.

I really like the Travis Barker record because it has that Blink 182 vibe.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I like Hollywood ****e, Glass House, Burning Memories, Candy and I think I'm okay (the one with travis barker....that one is catchy af). I've warmed up to MGK, might check out his older stuff.

I really like the Travis Barker record because it has that Blink 182 vibe.

his older stuff is fire. to drop a few tracks to check out: alpha omega, sail, till I die, bad things, breaking news, at my best, raise the flag, wild boy, the gunner ......... I dunno what else, he has a lot of solid tracks. the Binge album is just a blip on his resume.

Reactions: PG Canuck

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Still listening to Bandana on repeat. Freddie & Madlib are a lethal combo.

It's one of the few bright spots in a really quiet year for hip-hop. Everyone is off-cycle it seems. On the bright side, 2020 should be insane.

Looking forward to Big KRIT this week.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
While I'm not too hot on him as an emcee (not the biggest fan of the lazy-sounding flows he has), I've heard two albums by him and he's already one of my favorite producers. I think a lot of people will find it too abstract, but he's got such an interesting sound. Heavily distorts vocal samples. You can tell it's one of his beats when you hear it.

Reactions: Provocop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad