OT: The Official HF Bolts Stanley Cup Thread - Get your Cup Avatars here! (Post #65)

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
I remember someone saying they really wanted to get one of those shirts the boiz were wearing during the celebration last night. They are indeed available for purchase:

Men's Tampa Bay Lightning Fanatics Branded Blue 2020 Stanley Cup Champions Parade Celebration Last Stop T-Shirt

thumb.aspx

I have better things to waste my money on like the crystal puck I bought.

I hope it doesnt melt

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Not enough pictures of Point holding or drinking from the cup :(

Not a single one! Besides the main cup ceremony on Monday.

He seems to be sober and as respectful as he always is. May just not be a drinker and I am totally okay with that (even if drunk kuch is the best kuch haha). I hope he is as excited and proud as he deserves to be, we wouldn't have this celebration if it wasn't for this guy. I wish we could have given out two conn smythes this year because him and heddy equally deserve it.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

He seems to be sober and as respectful as he always is. May just not be a drinker and I am totally okay with that (even if drunk kuch is the best kuch haha). I hope he is as excited and proud as he deserves to be, we wouldn't have this celebration if it wasn't for this guy. I wish we could have given out two conn smythes this year because him and heddy equally deserve it.

To me, Point does seem rather sloshed during that interview. But it's very possible that he's the quiet, fall-asleep-in-the-corner type of drunk rather than the rowdy Ovi/Kuch style drunk. He seemed pretty happy during the boat parade, even though Yanni kinda overshadowed anyone due to shirtless hijinks. :laugh:

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
To me, Point does seem rather sloshed during that interview. But it's very possible that he's the quiet, fall-asleep-in-the-corner type of drunk rather than the rowdy Ovi/Kuch style drunk. He seemed pretty happy during the boat parade, even though Yanni kinda overshadowed anyone due to shirtless hijinks. :laugh:
Could be either way he’s def a more reserved guy compared to most of our team haha

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Need to be moderately careful with stuff like this. If you don't do "right" by your players, other players both inside the team and around the league are going to take note of that. Could be the kind of thing that doesn't do you many favors down the road.

Johnson needs to be moved if at all possible, yes. But he's also a long-tenured player in this organization who has done a lot of good over the years. Unceremoniously trying to dump guys like that isn't a good look.

We paid Johnson over 28M and he is due a further 17M. I think we did more than "right" to him. He has to know his play isn't good enough anymore and his role is only going to go down. He also has to know he's on the chopping block next season with Seattle coming in. So he might have a family and not want to leave but he will be packing his shit soon enough anyway so might as well try to pick the spot.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Killer have two videos on his instastories of Point singing. Now it doesn't say if he or in that case how drunk he was to do it but he did go all in. Maybe for him it was more with who was around, like having people around he doesn't know made it harder for him to fully let loose (I'm the same way) but when it was just the team and those around the team there he could relax and let loose.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Also happy that the Global Series here in Sweden was a bit of a turning point of the season. They got the adjustments in place during that trip. Sometimes those trips have felt like distractions, but this time it seemed helpful!

Feels like a long time ago, but apart from winning the cup of course, those two games was my highlight of the season!

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
The NHL has reached out to Tampa Bay to question some of their behaviour during Stanley Cup Celebrations

Honestly, there definitely have been some lines crossed during the festivities. Letting fans drink out of the cup is just dumb. Even when Kuch gave his beer to Vinik, in the back of my head I knew something like this would come up.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Honestly, there definitely have been some lines crossed during the festivities. Letting fans drink out of the cup is just dumb. Even when Kuch gave his beer to Vinik, in the back of my head I knew something like this would come up.
Yeah, I'm guessing is all the COVID red flags as opposed to the alcohol and f shots *looks at Cup Ovi*

Reactions: Hoek

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
When did they let fans drink from it?!?! That's a no no with this pandemic...

I really hope the guys stay safe this off season, but I hope they enjoy their cup as well (please dont get COVID bolts)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad