OT: The Official HF Bolts Stanley Cup Thread - Get your Cup Avatars here! (Post #65)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Killorn giving Vinik the Stanley Cup belt was hilarious - and a desperation move, in my view. You could tell he was trying his very best to shower him with praise, knowing what may be just a few weeks away. He does not want to leave. But he is the only one with a modified NTC. I would choose him over Johnson every time. Unless Johnson waives (highly unlikely), trading Killorn is a near certainty. It is one of the only levers we have at our disposal.
I'd actually rather keep Killorn than Johnson for his PK and possession numbers. Although he's.older, he's also slightly cheaper

Reactions: DaBolts

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I'd actually rather keep Killorn than Johnson for his PK and possession numbers. Although he's.older, he's also slightly cheaper

I agree. One thing I'll give Killorn credit for is he uses his body well to shield the puck. He attempts some stupid passes at times, but his puck possession is actually pretty decent.

TJ gets pushed off the puck with ease, and combines it with stupid passes. At this point he offers nothing. I think he suffered an injury in recent years and it didn't heal properly. It's the only way I can explain him dropping off a cliff like this.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Everyone would keep Killorn over Johnson. The point is that, unless Johnson waives, it isn't our decision to make.

Reactions: DFC

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I agree. One thing I'll give Killorn credit for is he uses his body well to shield the puck. He attempts some stupid passes at times, but his puck possession is actually pretty decent.

TJ gets pushed off the puck with ease, and combines it with stupid passes. At this point he offers nothing. I think he suffered an injury in recent years and it didn't heal properly. It's the only way I can explain him dropping off a cliff like this.

Everyone would keep Killorn over Johnson. The point is that, unless Johnson waives, it isn't our decision to make.

Unfortunately, I agree. Johnson isn't going to want to move and this will ultimately cost us more than a few players. He will then go on to have a mediocre season and bring us nothing lmao

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Unfortunately, I agree. Johnson isn't going to want to move and this will ultimately cost us more than a few players. He will then go on to have a mediocre season and bring us nothing lmao
Put him on waivers and have a handshake deal with whatever team wants to claim him to send some pieces back and forth.

There are options here. That's what we threatened to do with Boyle if I recall.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Put him on waivers and have a handshake deal with whatever team wants to claim him to send some pieces back and forth.

There are options here. That's what we threatened to do with Boyle if I recall.
Not to be disrespectful or anything to the guy, but it could hopefully motivate him to want out. The team doesnt want him so he doeant want them anymore. Similar to the feelings Hornquist had, could help motivate Tyler next year.

His time and role here just arent needed anymore. He hasn't been the same.guy from 2015. Point took his spot and then Cirelli took his next spot.

Glad he got his cup with us but it's time go

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Yeah, he's kind of lucky to still be here if you look at the guys that have found their way off the roster (considering how good they were at times).

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I remember someone saying they really wanted to get one of those shirts the boiz were wearing during the celebration last night. They are indeed available for purchase:

Men's Tampa Bay Lightning Fanatics Branded Blue 2020 Stanley Cup Champions Parade Celebration Last Stop T-Shirt

thumb.aspx

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
f*** respect - I want to ice a team that can repeat. Tyler Johnson cannot be on the roster for that to happen.

Need to be moderately careful with stuff like this. If you don't do "right" by your players, other players both inside the team and around the league are going to take note of that. Could be the kind of thing that doesn't do you many favors down the road.

Johnson needs to be moved if at all possible, yes. But he's also a long-tenured player in this organization who has done a lot of good over the years. Unceremoniously trying to dump guys like that isn't a good look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad