Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Not sure i'd call that news. It's mostly sensational BS to sells adds. New died with the internet.

That's been the story of news since the advent of ads, long before the internet came around.

In the context of sports, news breaks first on Twitter almost every time nowadays.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Let's be honest here; hockey was an afterthought yesterday afternoon in this city. Theres no chance the literal company that owns the Jays isn't going to have baseball guys on air when it looks like it's going to happen.
But this is an admission that even the station that owns the team got sucked into the news and day's events. Which in the end was due to falsehood of their colleagues in their own industry.

As I mentioned yesterday, journalistic integrity took a huge hit yesterday, and a lot of these talking heads had their reputations tarnished as a result.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
That Shi Davidi article is incredible. What a jackass. Sorry people chose to believe a known journalist, that the company who employs you retweeted the tweet and the MLB did as well.

Also like time and time again, you’re the beat writer of the jays and get information last
can't stand that limp wristed clown, all of the Jays reporters actually. Hopefully Passan can provide a real update

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Many of the statements regarding the downfall of journalism in this thread happen to be true, but we’re talking sports reporting here, this isn’t actual journalism. It is an insult to hardworking journalists to lump Morosi, Shoeshine, etc in the same group as them

Reactions: Senator Stanley

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
can't stand that limp wristed clown, all of the Jays reporters actually. Hopefully Passan can provide a real update

There are reports from people who say they saw Shi Davidi at the airport yesterday. So he was literally there to take part in the Ohtani airport arrival.

But now that it's been proven to be false information, it was all "just a prank bro" and the MLB insiders were just having fun on Twitter. Wow you stupid fans, I can't believe you chose to gossip all day yesterday over absolutely nothing! But don't forget to follow Shi Davidi on Twitter for all the latest breaking trusted news!

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
There are reports from people who say they saw Shi Davidi at the airport yesterday. So he was literally there to take part in the Ohtani airport arrival.

But now that it's been proven to be false information, it was all "just a prank bro" and the MLB insiders were just having fun on Twitter. Wow you stupid fans, I can't believe you chose to gossip all day yesterday over absolutely nothing! But don't forget to follow Shi Davidi on Twitter for all the latest breaking trusted news!
I don't believe in those types of reports. Honestly, this stuff is crazier than the Kawhi fiasco.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Many of the statements regarding the downfall of journalism in this thread happen to be true, but we’re talking sports reporting here, this isn’t actual journalism. It is an insult to hardworking journalists to lump Morosi, Shoeshine, etc in the same group as them

Yeah I was going to say. For the most part sports journalism isn’t exactly journalism. Yesterday was more like the Bachelor rose ceremony meets a little bit of board room drama. Everyone’s just having some fun. All these baseball journalists need to remember they’re just pretending to be covering a serious topic.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Let's be honest here; hockey was an afterthought yesterday afternoon in this city. Theres no chance the literal company that owns the Jays isn't going to have baseball guys on air when it looks like it's going to happen.
Make hay when the sun shines.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Shi and BNS would be the last to verify info and say they’ve known that it was about to go down hours before someone else broke the news. For Jays reporters I rarely see them break anything.

Like even in the flight watch Nightengale broke the news that Ohtani was not on the flight… only for BNS to say he heard the same thing after the fact.

Last edited:

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
The anger today seems just as silly as the overreaction yesterday. If you're to overreact and every rumour on X as true, you're asking to be disappointed. So, don't rant or whine when it happens.

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
There's a nice bit of irony in that paragraph.

I'm aware; it changes nothing. Do you believe he didn't in fact go to the airport? Shi Davidi? He has never broken anything; but he's always 'involved' in every story. How cute of him to come out after the fact and grandstand as the "voice of reason" to protect his friends (some of who are colleagues at his network and were balls-deep in the story yesterday by re-tweeting everything) when you know damn well he was there waiting for Ohtani to get off the plane LMAO.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The anger today seems just as silly as the overreaction yesterday. If you're to overreact and every rumour on X as true, you're asking to be disappointed. So, don't rant or whine when it happens.
It’s insulting to them to say their feelings are wrong. They are victims :sarcasm:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

No one is whining that they got false information. People are reacting to being called out by a whiney journalist as if people just fabricated everything and were believing MLBinsiderrr

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
it would be hilarious if all this insanity ends with him staying in Anaheim.

I can't see it given how adamant he is about winning, but man i wouldn't even be mad given all the other twists and turns in this saga.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
No one is whining that they got false information. People are reacting to being called out by a whiney journalist as if people just fabricated everything and were believing MLBinsiderrr

Or you know the fact that Morosi tweeted out that his “sources” indicated Ohtani was on the plane.

And I am well aware that Morosi likes to pander to audiences but I don’t believe he’d be as willing to throw out his credibility for breaking news like that. He’s still a legit reporter and we got Arson Judge’d.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
it would be hilarious if all this insanity ends with him staying in Anaheim.

I can't see it given how adamant he is about winning, but man i wouldn't even be mad given all the other twists and turns in this saga.

Next thing you know the Giants sign him and something comes up in the medicals that voids it.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
If you DIDNT believe all the reports, despite having zero actual reason for doing so, because initially none of them were refuted and instead were propped up by even the MLB account, then that's the person that was acting irrationally.

People seeing a report that something is happening and believing in it, and then being excited about it because it's something they want for their team, is not irrational crazy behaviour. That's really silly.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Davidi's article didn't read to me like that at all.

But you have to admit, fan behaviour yesterday was kind of ridiculous.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Next thing you know the Giants sign him and something comes up in the medicals that voids it.
Giants would somehow miss the fact he had UCL surgery then be stunned when they gave him a physical and go "GASP HIS ELBOW DON'T WORK RIGHT!!!"

"WE WERE FOOLED JUST LIKE ANOTHER TEAM DID A PHYSICAL ON ANOTHER GUY WE WANTED AND FOUND HE WAS THREE LITTLE PEOPLE IN A TRENCHCOAT AND WE TRIED TO SIGN HIM ANYWAY! HOW COULD WE BE SO FOOLISH"

Idiots.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Shi and BNS would be the last to verify info and say they’ve known that it was about to go down hours before someone else broke the news. For Jays reporters I rarely see them break anything.

Like even in the flight watch Nightengale broke the news that Ohtani was not on the flight… only for BNS to say he heard the same thing after the fact.
Just curious. Who is BNS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad