The Official 2021 Baseball Hall of Fame thread with poll (no one elected)

Who Should Get in the 2021 Baseball Hall of Fame?

• Curt Schilling

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Roger Clemens

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Barry Bonds

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Omar Vizquel

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Scott Rolen

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Billy Wagner

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Gary Sheffield

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Todd Helton

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Manny Ramirez

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Jeff Kent

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Andruw Jones

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Aramis Ramirez

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

How about we take him off all future ballots? There's a difference between being a "patriot" and advocating for the collapse of your country's democracy to fill whatever whack ass agenda you have.

To further my point about Ortiz;

I can see the shitstorm coming already.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Latroy Hawkins got a vote lol.

Hawkins got two votes.

I'm not really annoyed by those - its not like they actually cost anyone election (or a second chance). Hawkins clearly doesn't deserve it, but whatever.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
schilling is a terrible human being but he still deserves to get in. no problem with making him wait though, and i hope bonds and clemens get in before he does

just please don't elect vizquel. that guy should not be in the HOF ever

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

How about we take him off all future ballots? There's a difference between being a "patriot" and advocating for the collapse of your country's democracy to fill whatever whack ass agenda you have.

To further my point about Ortiz;

I can see the shitstorm coming already.

all of those guys are HOF worthy

but the writers, being the absolute clowns they are, will induct ortiz first ballot and continue to leave out bonds and clemens (and probably a-rod)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This is one time where i'm happy with the character clause actually being used.

It would have been different if Schilling got in after it became apparent he was an asshole. I wouldn't be in favor of removing him in that case since he 'd be in already. (See; Simpson, OJ in the case of the pro football hall of fame)

Screw him. Take him off the ballot and make sure his plaque never sees the walls of Cooperstown as long as he lives.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
all of those guys are HOF worthy

but the writers, being the absolute clowns they are, will induct ortiz first ballot and continue to leave out bonds and clemens (and probably a-rod)

I don't think anyone disagrees with you on their worthiness. I was more referring to the fact the ballot for next year sets up major potential for more voter stupidity and hypocrisy.

If they vote either Ortiz and A-Rod in on the first ballot when both guys are admitted juicers yet keep Bonds and Clemens out for years...i don't even know what to do but point at laugh at them

Cas

Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
just please don't elect vizquel. that guy should not be in the HOF ever

Just among non-HOF shortstops with long careers, good defense, good baserunning, and minimal hitting, I'd rather elect Campaneris or Concepcion, and I wouldn't vote for either anyway.

I'm not sure Vizquel is among the ten most deserving shortstops outside the Hall. Possibly not even the twenty most.

Cas

Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Problem with Schilling situation is that there are worse people in HOF already.

Sure, but that's not much of an argument. You don't have to compound the problem.

If they elected every player who was better than Tommy McCarthy, they'd have to build a new town to hold the plaque room.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I don't think anyone disagrees with you on their worthiness. I was more referring to the fact the ballot for next year sets up major potential for more voter stupidity and hypocrisy.

If they vote either Ortiz and A-Rod in on the first ballot when both guys are admitted juicers yet keep Bonds and Clemens out for years...i don't even know what to do but point at laugh at them
and we all know ortiz will get in first ballot, while clemens/bonds will likely have to keep waiting

i mean, there are already guys who juiced in the hall and have been there for years. the longer they keep those two out, the bigger joke the BBHOF becomes

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Yeah, more WAR than Joe DiMaggio and Brooks Robinson is not enough for a pitcher to get in the Hall of Fame. :rolleyes:

Reactions: MMC

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
With all the (rightful) bitching about Clemens and Bonds and the integrity of the hall of fame have me wondering if that's even a legit argument at this point

Some would argue the hall of fame's integrity was already damaged when they let Harold Baines, and Jack Morris, a guy who literally made a career off of one ****ing game in because the modern era committee gets their rocks off to shitty counting stats that don't really make a player legendary.

Looking at ERA is fine and i imagine innings pitched might become more important as the days of workhorses pitching 7 or 8 inning gems seem to be over but shit like wins and RBI mean jackshit.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
With all the (rightful) bitching about Clemens and Bonds and the integrity of the hall of fame have me wondering if that's even a legit argument at this point

Some would argue the hall of fame's integrity was already damaged when they let Harold Baines, and Jack Morris, a guy who literally made a career off of one ****ing game in because the modern era committee gets their rocks off to shitty counting stats that don't really make a player legendary.

Looking at ERA is fine and i imagine innings pitched might become more important as the days of workhorses pitching 7 or 8 inning gems seem to be over but shit like wins and RBI mean jackshit.
yeah, baines and morris getting in was really the cherry on top

still can't believe that shit

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Sure, but that's not much of an argument. You don't have to compound the problem.

If they elected every player who was better than Tommy McCarthy, they'd have to build a new town to hold the plaque room.

Sets a precedent. What Schilling did, is it worse than being a KKK member? Because there are several in there.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
With Bonds even if you were to go back to 97/98 he was a HOFer by that stage.
He was the best player of the 90s while clean in a roided-up league. He started taking the juice and turned into the god of baseball

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad