OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Show me where I have claimed that I could.
No you didn't. You just called Kypreos a "loud mouth moron" which among other things, implies that he's stupid. Like you're one to judge? Kyper played 8 seasons and 400+ games in the NHL as well as working in the media for the past 20 years and he's likely forgotten more about hockey than you've ever known and you probably have a fraction of the contacts that he has in hockey when it comes to finding out what's really going on in the game today.
He didn't deserve to be called names... particularly by someone who is a moderator and should be setting an example here.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Being a moderator does not preclude me from having an opinion.

Exhibit 2: Nick Kypreos wasn't a very good hockey player, either.
One can have an opinion without including nasty name calling in that opinion.
Kypreos was well respected when he played and he likely would have played many more games than the 442 that he did if not for his concussion issues.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Do any of you have any HR experience? I'm wondering what can be done about a manager of a different making fun of me for being fat behind my back. I've heard it from 2 people, both of whom want to remain anonymous.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Do any of you have any HR experience? I'm wondering what can be done about a manager of a different making fun of me for being fat behind my back. I've heard it from 2 people, both of whom want to remain anonymous.

Sorry to hear of your sucky situation.

If you don't have explicit proof, don't point fingers. However, it doesn't mean you cannot complain to HR. Just say you are aware that disparaging remarks about you have been made. You won't point fingers as you aren't trying to start anything and you'd like to give others a chance to stop and you'd like HR to just give everyone a kind reminder to not to say disparaging remarks in general.

Doing so quietly with HR and no pointing fingers at all actually sets things up a little more positive for you. If said individual keeps up with this stuff, then it's far easier afterwards to approach HR with the same amount of proof you have now.

However, this assumes that HR isn't in on it. If they're friend's with the person in general and are not impartial, you might be kinda screwed to bring it up.

---
---

If you want to approach it like a douche nozzle though, start making up your own rumors of said person. Say you heard they have a big sausage, but doesn't know how to use it at all. If you get snitched for comments about the schnitzel, you can say you never one disparaged his smorgasbord. You were making fun of the fact he was too stupid to figure out how to handle his handful. "Hey, the fact you had to pause when asked to play hang man, means you weren't sure which part of your body to engage to respond to that comment".

(I don't recommend the latter)

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The purpose of a company's human resource department isn't to protect the employees, it's to protect the employer. They won't lift a finger, and all it may do is flag you as a "complainer".

Take the high road, do your job well, and remember that revenge is a dish best served cold (although killing with kindness works just as well)

That's true too. I guess I was considering that the company would take such a complain seriously rather than sweep it under the rug or even push back.

Again, sorry to hear you're in a sucky situation Lunatik.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
How many people here do repairs to their own vehicles? I do if its strictly mechanical (ie. brake pads and rotors, starter replacement, ball joints, etc.) If it involves the computer system I take it into the shop.
Is this a dying skill or does the current generation still do this kind of stuff?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The purpose of a company's human resource department isn't to protect the employees, it's to protect the employer. They won't lift a finger, and all it may do is flag you as a "complainer".

Take the high road, do your job well, and remember that revenge is a dish best served cold (although killing with kindness works just as well)
Good idea.... I've seen him on dating sites, I'm sure his wife would love to know. Also, I'm sure the police would love to know he is growing at least double the legal amount of cannabis

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Good idea.... I've seen him on dating sites, I'm sure his wife would love to know. Also, I'm sure the police would love to know he is growing at least double the legal amount of cannabis

Metaphorically burning the work place down and starting by adding Tinder to the pile?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Franson

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Sounds like things you should be taking screenshots of now just in case he takes them down and you need it later hahaha

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Well, my experience with HR is they are always there to protect the company first. Essentially to say, they will only take ‘your side’ if doing so benefits them versus the opposite. I’d wait until you have some evidence to present to them.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Get affidavits from the witnesses. If they aren't willing to put it on paper than you know where you'll stand when the fight is on.

HR is only there to protect the business from lawsuits. If you have a potential lawsuit you'll have their interest. Look into workplace harassment.

Last edited:

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
That blows man. Sorry. I get made fun of for having a big head if that makes you feel any better. Misery loves company, as they say. Im legit very comfortable in my own skin after dwelling about 'flaws' about my body for years.

Hope youre doing well btw!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
This is just a heads up to people who like to work on their vehicles..

Canadian Tire/ Partsource will loan you a tool for a one time use provided you return it in original condition. This is actually an official option... not fraudulently buying a tool, using it, and then returning it and saying you bought the wrong one or you didn't need it.

Loan A Tool

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Just a question, do any of you know why ones tap water might taste like its from a vinyl hose from the garden? I'm not drinking enough water because of it. It's only been a few days of this.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
How many people here do repairs to their own vehicles? I do if its strictly mechanical (ie. brake pads and rotors, starter replacement, ball joints, etc.) If it involves the computer system I take it into the shop.
Is this a dying skill or does the current generation still do this kind of stuff?
I change my own oil and do the non-electrical stuff like bulb replacements (if anyone's ever changed a headlight on a BMW... dear lord it's like you need an engineering degree!). Won't tough electrical or warranty-voiding procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad