OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I just thought I would do my community service bit and post a warning that effective late last season Standard warnings expire between 45 and 90 days time. From my experience they tend to trend towards the 90 day period rather than 45 days. Previous to this change, most warnings expired in 30 days.

Maybe a mod would be interested in making a stickied thread to highlight this change to give a heads up to all our fellow HF Flames posters since most of us are probably starting the new season warning free?? At 90 days it will take a LOT longer to get out of the penalty box.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Print it out and put it in the glove box. Also, only put nudes on a locked screen. Be a man.
I'm thinking of just taping my paper POI to the back of my iphone. That way I can legitimately say I'm up with the times and a copy of my POI is saved on my phone. ;)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I just received an e-mail from my auto insurance company that my proof of insurance is now available in digital form and can be saved on my cell phone...

"Great news: the digital proof of auto insurance is now officially recognized as a valid proof of insurance in Alberta.
Better yet: with the Intact Insurance app, you can access your proof of insurance at all times on your phone. You no longer need to frantically search for it in the glove compartment*. "

I'm not a fan of this. Say you get stopped by the police, for whatever reason, and they request proof of insurance... You unlock your phone, bring up your POI, and give your phone to the police officer.
You have now surrendered your unlocked phone to the cops and they can look through it as much as they want and for anything they want and you can't do a damn thing about it.
So until the insurance and phone makers can devise a way of accessing your POI without unlocking your phone, I suggest you just give the officer your paper POI.

Just my opinion.

Print it out in a similar fashion to a giant novelty cheque and then keep it in your trunk with some balloons.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Hi everybody... coming to you from beautiful Butte Montana.

FlamesFreak4

Oct 10, 2012
Calgary
House hunting is stressful as hell.

Financing stuff... that's on a different level.

Tell me about it, moved to Calgary from Ontario about 4 months ago. Just bought a new build so the stress is over, now I’m just waiting till January to move in!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Hi everybody... coming to you from beautiful Butte Montana.

giphy.gif

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm enjoying the day in sunny Las Vegas. The high was 79F (26C).
Just beautiful. Got out of Calgary at exactly the right time (Thursday).
Will be heading to Flagstaff AZ on Tuesday from Vegas and coming back to Vegas on Wednesday. Gonna check out the Grand Canyon on the way back.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Will be heading to Flagstaff AZ on Tuesday from Vegas and coming back to Vegas on Wednesday. Gonna check out the Grand Canyon on the way back.

Always wanted to do a road trip through the SW US, enjoy!

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Stop making me jealous :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad