OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
If you like that, you should listen to the Conan O Brien podcast episode with adam sandler around the 30 minute mark when they talk about it. They weren't even going to put the video montage together until the last second before the Netflix special.

Adam Sandler's made some pretty shitty movies over the years, but I always get a lot of satisfaction when he and the old SNL guys are together with Conan and they reminisce about the old days and coming up together.

Reactions: SKRusty

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
I am in a college course right now where I will be using Microsoft Power BI and Tableau.

Any of you guys have experience in these? Would love to know if you have and if you have any pointers in them.

I have experience in Qlikview. Never worked with the two you asked about...

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I’ve used Tableau quite a bit.

What’s your profession if you don’t mind me asking? I’m majoring in finance, have about a year and a half to go and am still exploring my options. Minor will probably be accounting.

Back to Tableau, I haven’t been exposed to it just yet but I’ve heard it’s a great program. Our class is still trying to learn the ins and outs of Microsoft Power BI and the DAX language. I’ve liked the class so far.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
What’s your profession if you don’t mind me asking? I’m majoring in finance, have about a year and a half to go and am still exploring my options. Minor will probably be accounting.

Back to Tableau, I haven’t been exposed to it just yet but I’ve heard it’s a great program. Our class is still trying to learn the ins and outs of Microsoft Power BI and the DAX language. I’ve liked the class so far.

I do Software Dev. Primarily fintech at the moment. It is a very robust program. I’ve worked mostly on the input side, feeding the software data. I imagine doing finance you would work more often on the output side?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I do Software Dev. Primarily fintech at the moment. It is a very robust program. I’ve worked mostly on the input side, feeding the software data. I imagine doing finance you would work more often on the output side?

I’m assuming that will be the case in the near future

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
It's 9 pm and +28 outside, +29 inside. Sun is still shining directly to the living room and bedroom. I really need to get some cooling system here

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I really wanted to root for the raptors but watching the fans cheer Durant getting injured made me remember how shitty Toronto fans are

I kind of hope they choke it away now

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I really wanted to root for the raptors but watching the fans cheer Durant getting injured made me remember how ****ty Toronto fans are

I kind of hope they choke it away now

In fairness, the fans watched a turnover lead to a fast-break score for the Raptors. Kind of hard to see that and expect them to fall silent. I think it's unfair to claim that the Raptor fans were cheering for an injury specifically vs. cheering for a turnover/score and the momentum that the Raptors had at the time.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Maybe OT but did we lose OKG? I was always tough on their trade proposals and extra vociferous about their treatment of Monahan, but they were a great contributor (at least of dissenting opinion... lol)

Did you just change names OKG?!

edit: switched to gender neutral pronouns because you never know.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
FIFA Women's World Cup, Canada-Sweden. I dont think it has ever been this easy to select a team to cheer when Finland is not playing

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
FIFA Women's World Cup, Canada-Sweden. I dont think it has ever been this easy to select a team to cheer when Finland is not playing

I’m not a huge football fan but I like watching international tournaments. I almost enjoy the women’s game more. I find they tend to run through tackles more, dive less. Not to mention Canada is actually relevant lol

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I’m not a huge football fan but I like watching international tournaments. I almost enjoy the women’s game more. I find they tend to run through tackles more, dive less. Not to mention Canada is actually relevant lol

I actually watch and like almost any sport there is, as long as the TV production is at least somewhat ok. Rugby is one of my new favourites, snooker is great, darts is entertaining, I have MLB and NFL to watch if there's nothing else and the national broadcasting company has upped their sports game by starting to give screen time for not so popular sports.

Reactions: crackdown44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad