The Nylander Chronicles Part XXI - Legal Drinking Age in the US Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He is going to sign soon. If a chump like Ed Belfour had a billion dollars just waiting to toss around to a cop, a guy like nylander can get atleast 2 billion.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I hate reading books. Especially ones that have the words chronicles in the title. Also what the f*** is a Nylander?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
xn2k1vw.jpg

Absolutely one of my favourite Far Side comics. Being gifted, I get to use this one often in my day to day going ons.....

We should have a Far Side reaction to Nylander thread.....

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Worse case scenario, trade Nylander for picks, sign Karlsson in the summer.

Marleau6.25Matthews11Kapanen3
Hyman2.25Tavares11Marner8
Johnsson1.75Kadri4.5Brown2.1
Engvall0.925Lindholm1.25Leivo1.1
Gauthier0.675
Rielly5Karlsson11
Dermott0.864Zaitsev4.5
Borgman1.1Ozhiganov1.1
Rosen1.1Liljegren0.895
Andersen5
Sparks1
Kessel1.2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Everyone figure out the real chill. They meet in Zurich, get a numbered account, wait at least two weeks so the stupidest of any hockey board doesn't figure it out and deal done.

Jeezus people are stupid;

Just my opinion of course, I have no knowledge of how to beat the hard cap system and I seek safe harbor.

This is just for entertainment purposes of discovering how stupid Leaf fans are.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Dumber than dumb.... Its why the rich are richer by any imagination.

Dubas knows the Leafs miss Bozak and JVR. Nylander wants to play and everyone wants to make money

Gnite Alice.

Its the business of hockey folks, don't forget it.

Get an off books deal done weeks in advance, no one looks too hard, not the Dregers or the paid offs and all is good.

Just my opinion of course, everyone knows where the toast gets buttered.

I seek safe harbor and this is just for entertainment purposes, but get real foks;. this is how we do it.

Last edited:

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Deal done, you heard it here first, as usual. Source? Intuition. Destinations.

Team still not a good team till it fires Babcock, everyone hates him on the bench and behind the bench and fathers and mothers etc...

Matthews just seems to totally despise the guy.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
The scenario is definitely there. Me personally, I think it's a bad idea. He'd have arbitration rights and most likely outprice himself out of our plans in the medium term.

7x7 please.
Pastrnak signed for 6.6x6 after putting up 34 goals/70 points. We simply won't be able to compete with other teams if we're paying more money for (lol) 20 goal/60 point players than our direct competition pays for their 34 goal/70 point players.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
No it's not. There's always been a realistic scenario where we bridge him even though he's in our long-term plans. We discussed them here all through the summer. That haven't changed.

There is absolutely no way I'd want deal with this **** again in a much worse bargaining position, if he gets bridged i'd be looking to move him this off-season

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Pastrnak signed for 6.6x6 after putting up 34 goals/70 points. We simply won't be able to compete with other teams if we're paying more money for (lol) 20 goal/60 point players than our direct competition pays for their 34 goal/70 point players.

I agree....it seems having a lot of talent on our roster is now being used to our disadvantage. Would Marner already have signed long term at 6 million... if he was in Larkin's place?

Same goes to Nylander.

Both are about to play with franchise centres, on a very deep roster... so of course it's easy to bet on yourself.

In the end, it is what could keep us from being Stanley Cup winners.

Reactions: Throw More Waffles

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
There is absolutely no way I'd want deal with this **** again in a much worse bargaining position, if he gets bridged i'd be looking to move him this off-season

With the extra seasons of a bridge , you have more time to plan ahead, move out salary and contracts if need be. If Nylander shows management he’s worth a bigger investment there won’t be this situation again.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
I agree....it seems having a lot of talent on our roster is now being used to our disadvantage. Would Marner already have signed long term at 6 million... if he was in Larkin's place?

Same goes to Nylander.

Both are about to play with franchise centres, on a very deep roster... so of course it's easy to bet on yourself.

In the end, it is what could keep us from being Stanley Cup winners.
As far as I can tell... and I'm very VERY confused by it... but a lot of the leaf "fans" here would rather our star players sign for above market value than for our team to be elite long term. I don't get it either...

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
With the extra seasons of a bridge , you have more time to plan ahead, move out salary and contracts if need be. If Nylander shows management he’s worth a bigger investment there won’t be this situation again.
But if Nylander wants to be paid like an 80 point player when he's a 60 point player... what's he going to want to be paid as if he actually becomes an 80 point player during his bridge deal?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
But if Nylander wants to be paid like an 80 point player when he's a 60 point player... what's he going to want to be paid as if he actually becomes an 80 point player during his bridge deal?

Part of Nylander’s curre t contract demands are based on potential growth. In 2-3 seasons he’ll be in the middle of his prime, and both sides will have less wiggle room over what he’s worth/can request.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Part of Nylander’s curre t contract demands are based on potential growth. In 2-3 seasons he’ll be in the middle of his prime, and both sides will have less wiggle room over what he’s worth/can request.
Why didn't Ehlers agent argue potential growth? Why didn't Pastrnaks agent argue potential growth? Why is this argument unique to Nylander?

Reactions: NiftyMits

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Why didn't Ehlers agent argue potential growth? Why didn't Pastrnaks agent argue potential growth? Why is this argument unique to Nylander?

Elhers opted to take the safe bet rather than gamble. Pasta’s agent probably should have been fired for that contract, Boston got very lucky there.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
CJ: Dubas meeting with Gross in NY.

Only games going on in the NYC area last two days:
1. @ Nyr Sunday
2. @Phi Monday

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Elhers opted to take the safe bet rather than gamble. Pasta’s agent probably should have been fired for that contract, Boston got very lucky there.
Ah... I see. The agents of all of Nylanders comparables should be fired. Nylander alone is setting hte market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad