Pre-Game Talk: The not quite yet ready for being called the battle of alberta. Rattle of Alberta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
"Kids, you did your best and failed miserably. The lesson here is Never Try!"

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I actually think lander has been better. He even made a pass last game. Lander making a successful play with the puck is a total gamechanger.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Hiller getting the start for Calgary. Edmonton usually has decent success against him, do they not?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hiller getting the start for Calgary. Edmonton usually has decent success against him, do they not?

That's a very good thing. Hiller is awful.

Prediction:

Oilers build 3-0 or 4-1 lead. Hiller is pulled for Ramo. Oilers take a grand total of 4 shots at Ramo the remainder of the game. Hold on for 3-2 or 4-3 win.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
You know, I hate Yak playing without someone who can pass but I honestly think this is a conditioning issue. It's hard to keep up your cardio with an ankle sprain and I thought he looked seriously gassed by the end of the third and OT last game. He played well but hopefully he can score some on his own against easier competition.

Not holding my breath for a win, but I'd love it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Prediction:

Oilers build 3-0 or 4-1 lead. Hiller is pulled for Ramo. Oilers take a grand total of 4 shots at Ramo the remainder of the game. Hold on for 3-2 or 4-3 win.

Sounds about par for the course. Hell, I'd even wager Calgary ties it up with less than 5 seconds to go because of an Oilers icing call. McLellan doesn't have a time out because he lost a challenge on a blatant goalie interference call that goes Calgary's way earlier in the game. A spent Schultz can't clear the puck and they score with 2.2 seconds left.

McLellan loses his mind, starts tossing sticks and water bottles on the ice. In his rage, he also gorilla presses Woodcroft like the Ultimate Warrior and tosses him on the ice too.

Oilers lose a minute into 3 on 3.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I won't comment on Yak situation today. He played a decent game last game but his placement in the lineup does not surprise me one bit.

We loose tonight I might not watch till 97 comes back into the lineup.

lol at the modicum of praise.

he scored a beauty goal, fired a laser that hit the post, had a handful of scoring chances and was the most dangerous Oiler in the game by a wide margin. Arguably the best player on the ice.

Just hurts to say it I guess. ;)

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Would like to see Yak make his way into the top 6 some time during the game. Would also like to see RNH and Hall do something tonight.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
lol at the modicum of praise.

he scored a beauty goal, fired a laser that hit the post, had a handful of scoring chances and was the most dangerous Oiler in the game by a wide margin. Arguably the best player on the ice.

Just hurts to say it I guess. ;)

Like another poster commented, he was running out of energy as the game went on which was expected.

I said he played a decent game. His season stats once again this year are disappointing or failure might be the better word.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

Prediction:

I don't see the oilers being able to get 3 goals, especially with the lines this game.
6-1 loss. no chance to choke a lead today.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Hopefully Yak gets a chance on the top line. He was flying last game. By far the best forward last game, continues to get slotted on the 4th line :/

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
You know, I hate Yak playing without someone who can pass but I honestly think this is a conditioning issue. It's hard to keep up your cardio with an ankle sprain and I thought he looked seriously gassed by the end of the third and OT last game. He played well but hopefully he can score some on his own against easier competition.

That's funny, I was thinking the opposite. You might be right, but my impression was that the Oilers generally looked dog tired and Yak looked super fresh, even in the 3rd. Kind of a no-brainer to give the rested, fresh guy more minutes to ease the burden on the poor sods who've been carrying the injury-decimated team for 10 weeks.

Maybe McL is thinking of rolling 4 lines hard? I dunno.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Agreed with what many have been saying about Yak. He deserves to be playing more mins. I would like to see him and Kassian start together again.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Our only hope is if the Flames come out stale after an easy win and the Oilers do the opposite.

However the Oil always play down to the level of play of the opposition so 5-2 Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad