Pre-Game Talk: The not quite yet ready for being called the battle of alberta. Rattle of Alberta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think Korpi gets criminally under-rated by some people on here as just another "terrible bottom 6 guy." Is he suitable for top 6 or to play there consistently? Of course not, but I think he has the skill and speed to slide up and down the lineup as needed. In a short term crunch or to shake things up, he's a nice fit. Similar to Micheal Frolik in Calgary, in my mind. Works his butt off, hits, gets consistent offensive zone time, gets the odd point here and there and does a nice job killing penalties. I have no problem with him.

Agreed. I'd like to see him a little more physical but beyond that he's a very good bottom 6 winger.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Just saw the proposed lineups tonight....

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 6m6 minutes ago

Hall-RNH-Pakarinen, Pouliot-Draisaitl-Eberle, Purcell-Letestu-Kassian, Korpikoski-Lander-Yakupov

Yak was our best forward last game. Seems like a great idea to stick him on the fourth line with Lander as his center.

I dont like questioning coaches...but this seems odd. :skeptic:

We can be happy that he'll likely receive a favourable match-up?

I guess?

:shakehead

Yeah, there's no defending this. Stupid, stupid and stupid.

GIVE YAK A CHANCE.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
My prediction;

We play a solid 40 minutes before losing the game on bad luck.

-.goal 1; ****ity call powerplay leading to a weird bounce goal Brodie gets credit.
-goal 2; puck gets caught in goalie gear and isn't blown dead before a flame player picks it out with his hand drops it to his teammate and scores. Not ruled hand pass. Good goal.
-empty net gaudreau goal.

3-0 flames.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They do the Flames games. It happens.

Have you seen Kevin Quinn's lips? The Oilers can do no wrong in his world.

HNIC constantly tells us how great the Flames are. Guess what? They're not that far above us.

Not saying the Oilers deserve praise but the amount of love the Flames get is a channel changer.

It's one thing when a regional broadcast is a homer-ish. That's to be expected. The national broadcasts? You'd think there was only one team playing.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

National broadcast as opposed to regional. They should show some impartiality. They don't.

I mean, Mike Johnson is the rational one between the two when it comes to the Oilers. That's how awful Romanuk is..

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
National broadcast as opposed to regional. They should show some impartiality. They don't.

I mean, Mike Johnson is the rational one between the two when it comes to the Oilers. That's how awful Romanuk is..

He of the "I wouldn't be surprised if the Oilers lost this game" when they were up by 3 goals with 6 minutes left?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

I don't find Quinn homeristic at all. Like Gene, I don't think he ever knows what the hell he's talking about. All he does is parrot whatever stat the producer spits in his ear and laugh at his own absolutely terrible jokes.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don't find Quinn homeristic at all. Like Gene, I don't think he ever knows what the hell he's talking about. All he does is parrot whatever stat the producer spits in his ear and laugh at his own absolutely terrible jokes.

Gene is often the best part of Oiler broadcasts.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
He of the "I wouldn't be surprised if the Oilers lost this game" when they were up by 3 goals with 6 minutes left?

God, I remember that. It seriously makes me angry (in a very real way). I don't get angry over stupid things, other than the Oilers.

I genuinely hate Romanuk as a person.

Expatriate

Aug 3, 2007
Saint John
My prediction;

We play a solid 40 minutes before losing the game on bad luck.

-.goal 1; ****ity call powerplay leading to a weird bounce goal Brodie gets credit.
-goal 2; puck gets caught in goalie gear and isn't blown dead before a flame player picks it out with his hand drops it to his teammate and scores. Not ruled hand pass. Good goal.
-empty net gaudreau goal.

3-0 flames.

Actually it will be 3-1 (f)Lames but due to a coaches challenge the Oilers goal will be called back due to an offside 15 minutes earlier

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
And how many times have the Oilers blown leads this year? Might be a logical thing to say.

Johnson said this when we were playing the Flames and they had about the same record as us. The Oilers have blown leads sure but how do you say that on a national broadcast?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'm not usually one of the people that gets upset when Yak is playing in the bottom 6, mostly because his play doesn't usually warrant playing higher in the lineup.

This time is an exception. After his last game there is no reason that Pakarainen should be playing top line and Yak on the 4th.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I'm not usually one of the people that gets upset when Yak is playing in the bottom 6, mostly because his play doesn't usually warrant playing higher in the lineup.

This time is an exception. After his last game there is no reason that Pakarainen should be playing top line and Yak on the 4th.

Well, Hall and Yak don't play well together on a line.

Except that one time where they were on a line together to end the season, and were phenomenal. :sarcasm:

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I won't comment on Yak situation today. He played a decent game last game but his placement in the lineup does not surprise me one bit.

We loose tonight I might not watch till 97 comes back into the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad